Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
LDHitman23

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Driveshaft Question?

What up Camaro fans,

I got in my D1 Procharger, fuel pump, and injectors in the shop. I was just curious on people that are running with the 9in Ford conversion driveshaft kit? How is it holding up? Would you recommend this for my build?, etc. All the information that you guys can give me. All my mods are in the SIG. Oh and I have a manual transmission.

Thanks fellas
Texas Speed LT Headers (no cats), LS3 Monster blower cam, Muffler Delete, Stage 3 Spec 3 Clutch,102mm F.A.S.T Intake Manifold, Comp Cam Push Rods, Comp Cam Dual Springs, D1-SC Procharger, ID850cc Injectors, Stealth Fuel Pump, F.A.S.T Fuel Rails, Tune by Brett Seaburg, Nitto Street Radials, Amber Halos and Fog Lights, Window Tint (5%) Nightshade Tail Lights, Interior Amber Dome Light and Trunk.

LDHitman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5

Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
Wait.. you're asking about the aftermarket 9" driveshaft? If you have one at your power level then you won't have any worries ever.

Edit: I just noticed this is the tuning section. lol.
K32 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
LDHitman23

Yeah it is I posted this early in the morning before tower. I think that they will change it to where it needs to go. I just have the stock driveshaft at the moment. I am hoping to be putting down around 600+ and I would like to not break my driveshaft at the track anytime soon. Just curious if the stock one should hold.
Texas Speed LT Headers (no cats), LS3 Monster blower cam, Muffler Delete, Stage 3 Spec 3 Clutch,102mm F.A.S.T Intake Manifold, Comp Cam Push Rods, Comp Cam Dual Springs, D1-SC Procharger, ID850cc Injectors, Stealth Fuel Pump, F.A.S.T Fuel Rails, Tune by Brett Seaburg, Nitto Street Radials, Amber Halos and Fog Lights, Window Tint (5%) Nightshade Tail Lights, Interior Amber Dome Light and Trunk.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:33 AM   #4
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5

You can get a driveshaft loop if you don't have the extra dough. I'm at 650rwhp on an auto and imo a DS is the worst part to break at speed so I bought one from Gforce on sale. Even though with an auto there is little chance of that breaking. I believe dss rates the ds strengths by rpm speed and set the stock one around 6400 so if your max shift is above that get one for sure.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #5
LDHitman23

Oh no. Im still shifting at 6200 or 6000 if I go to the track. I just didnt want to break anything more than likely at the track. If I didn't have to get that DSS upgrade then I was going to look at my suspension and get some coilovers and toe, trail arms, and etc. You know the basic.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #6
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5

I did my suspension before the driveline. most my driveline is holding strong stock. Again tho, I have an auto. The driveshaft is just one of those things that may or may not no matter what you have. As long as you get a ds safety loop you can rest easy.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:48 AM   #7
Driveshaftshop

Drives: own more cars than i can list
you know you can do just the shaft and the axles and if you find the diff is not going to hold you can swap it out with the Hammerhead 12 bolt (or the Strange Dana60 when it comes out) the Hammerhead will allow manual cars to have both the axles and the shaft bolt right up to it.
Driveshaftshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #8
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
We offer the same shaft (different length) as our 9" kits come with, our customers love them. They are rated to 900hp and are very smooth. They are also the lightest shafts on the market.
Give us a call if you have any questions.
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #9
LDHitman23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveshaftshop View Post
you know you can do just the shaft and the axles and if you find the diff is not going to hold you can swap it out with the Hammerhead 12 bolt (or the Strange Dana60 when it comes out) the Hammerhead will allow manual cars to have both the axles and the shaft bolt right up to it.
I will keep that in mind. Could you PM me prices on just the shaft and axles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
We offer the same shaft (different length) as our 9" kits come with, our customers love them. They are rated to 900hp and are very smooth. They are also the lightest shafts on the market.
Give us a call if you have any questions.
I might be doing some price quotes here that I have some options now. I will just say now, I am sorry if my responses are not a quick as others. I am currently working in the Oil Field and barely get time to be on the computer. I do want to thank you guys for taking the time out to answer some of my questions. I just want to make sure that my car is safe and still has good ride. I am not usually the one that gets to take it to the shop for upgrades.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #10
Driveshaftshop

Drives: own more cars than i can list
PM sent
Driveshaftshop is offline   Reply With Quote