Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
Black Beast

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
New SPEC clutch/flywheel. Need reviews

I was wondering if anyone has used this setup (description below) and could tell me if its a good choice. I like it b/c it's a straight bolt on (no shimming required) so install should be faster and easier. Just wanted to be sure its worth my money. All comments welcome
2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Camaro SS SPEC PT-Trim Super Twin Clutch and Flywheel #SC66SST

*Organic disk, includes flywheel

SPEC Clutches and Flywheels introduces the Super Twin for street and track use in cars with extreme horsepower and torque.

Until now, there has been a drivability, maintenance and longevity trade-off with clutches built to handle 900 ft lbs tq. The revolutionary new SPEC Super Twin has set a new standard offering near-stock drivability, tremendous life expectancy, a no shimming/setup bolt-in installation and maintenance free operation.

With all billet construction, these units are smooth and quiet. The super twin is constructed with aircraft grade aluminum and high carbon billet steel milled to an industry leading .001 inch for perfect balance and actuation.

Friction is provided by dampened, full-faced carbon graphite discs. Organic or full metallic options are available.

Torque capacities upwards of 1795 ft/lbs can be obtained depending on disc options.

Flywheel and track-spec hardware are included in each kit. All units include flywheel, high strength bolts and bearings. Installation is bolt-in with no shimming or setup required.

Note:
The ST-Trim Super Twin clutch is designed for street driving, drift & drag racing applications. Kit includes the clutch/pressure plate assembly, billet slave cylinder, master cylinder and alignment tool.

Read more: http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...#ixzz2UQ38H0QN
Black Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
I have that clutch. It's one heavy duty clutch it will have no problem holding whatever torque you throw at it. Very responsive, I love the feel of it. Did take some getting used to. The ad says if feels like the stock clutch, that is not accurate, not nearly as "light", but than no twin disc is going to feel like a single disc. In would recommend it highly.
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
blufin

Drives: Fire Engine
Try the Street Slayer twin carbon. It DOES feel like a single disc and will hold tons of power. It's rebuildable if/when the time comes so it will save money in the long run. Great street manors.
Sold
blufin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I had the big boy supertwin (ST) a couple years back. Bastardly strong clutch, drove great on the street. Was very grabby, and difficult to launch at the dragstrip since it didn't want to slip a whole lot.

The organic PT should be much better in that regard, mine was ceramic/ceramic. Very high quality clutch.
429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
Black Beast

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
Thanks for the info. Will look into Street Slayer twin carbon as well
Black Beast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch, driveline, flywheel, spec, transmission