Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #29
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: IPF SC'd 2010 LLT 2015 1SS/RS
June 1st Update

Aright guys and gals!! I have finally got some time to sit down and update my IPF build thread. I picked up the car from FSP on Sunday the 26th!!

Here is a full review and a few pics and a dyno video!!!

Alright so I apologize for the wait and the length this post will end up!! I am finally getting a chance to sit down and put my thoughts and “review” of my IPF build now that it’s done, on the forum!!

First off let me start out quickly with the 2 guys and shop that did the build. Matt and Rodney at FSP did an awesome job. The pictures and communication were awesome. Matt kept me up to date with exactly what the goals were for each day and how those daily projects went!! It was awesome being 2hours away and knowing exactly what was going on with my car at all times!! I can’t say enough about how well Matt and Rodney treated me. Matt never let me down, as soon as there was a little snag, he addressed any issues and immediate let me know what had to be done, any solutions, and if there was any set back in the project. I am getting into a whole other review on FSP so ill wrap this part up. But all I have to say is Matt and Rodney are 2 badass guys and they built me a badass car in 2 weeks, in and out the door.

Onto the IPF kit. I am a go big or go home kind of guy……So I couldn’t just do the IPF kit by its self and be done. As you that have read along know I went all out, meth, rear end, gears, suspension, all at once. As an overall, total build impression…….I absolutely love it!! It’s like a brand new car and I can’t stop smiling. So far the only driving of the car I have done is the 2hr trip home from FSP. With all the new suspension parts, I severely need an alignment. Matt’s alignment shop would touch the car because of the 22s. I have a shop here in Orlando I will be visiting on Monday to get it done. Besides the rear end being extremely loose for the drive home the car pulled like hell!!!!

From turn-key at FSP to doing 135mph on I-4 the car has been awesome. The drivability in the low end RPMs is still awesome. An increase in power from idle to 3500RPM is awesome; it definitely kills some of those lower RPM dead spots that the v6s have. This may be from the 3.91 gears but regardless it’s nice having some of that deadness eliminated.
The power the car has from 4k+ RPM is night and day from what it was. At 4200RPM the boost comes in, 2-3#. By 5200RPM+ it’s pulling 6-8# of boost. Matt did mention on one of the Dyno pulls when the car was cooler he saw 10# right at redline. How quickly the car pulls through the gears and how quickly the power is there has to be the most impressive part.
Because of the gears in the rear end, I have not done any zero to wide open pulls. Everything has been on the highway, and gradually up to speed. I want those gears out back to get happy in their new home before I put them to work, as recommend by Matt.

I did get the chance to take the wife out in the car Sunday briefly when I got it home. Like I said I never pulled too hard on the car, but I got a good scream and grab of my right arm out of her. Best part was, her being a Camaro owner also (2010 LLT) after the scream was the huge ass smile and her going “Damn I want this!!!”

From a “per mod review “or “difference I felt for each mod” I couldn’t tell you. I wish I could be like well after the gears, I felt this and this change and after Meth I felt this and that change. Since the build was all at once, the car came back to me feeling 100% different, and it’s hard to answer specific question on the individual mods.

But please anyone that has any questions about the kit, the gears, the meth, the suspension, do not hesitate to PM me, post here, get my number and text me, whatever you want!!!

All I can say is so far, the build was from the ground up, incredible and probably the most satisfying thing I have done with the car!!

I will continue to post after each new experience, issue, whatever!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6R7Ws9IN508
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #30
sinERgLT1

Drives: Synergy Green, 1LT w/Ground Kit
Nice ride man.... Awesome story to go with it. Funny to know my car has sat just a few cars away in some of your pics (SSCR 12' & 13'). Think i had a chat with you on your IPF kit at the last SSCR. I'm trying to line up a MFCC meet with my schedule.... see ya around.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #31
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinERgLT1 View Post
Nice ride man.... Awesome story to go with it. Funny to know my car has sat just a few cars away in some of your pics (SSCR 12' & 13'). Think i had a chat with you on your IPF kit at the last SSCR. I'm trying to line up a MFCC meet with my schedule.... see ya around.
Thanks buddy!!! You may have been talking to sycraft?? He had his IPF kit installed already, I was still in that planning to do it stage haha!!! It may have been me though lol I talked to anyone that would talk lol!! Definitely come out sometime! We are growing extremely quick and we'd love for you to be part of it!! We are going to a big F-Body gathering in Waterford on Saturday if you want to go??
Old 07-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #32
thebeast916

Drives: Blown G8 GT
Nice build and really nice car. Can't wait to check it out
thebeast916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #33
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeast916 View Post
Nice build and really nice car. Can't wait to check it out
Thanks buddy!!! Will you be at Speed World tomorrow (the 19th)???
Old 07-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #34
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Alright took the car out to Orlando Speed World last night made a few passes...at about 90* and humidity alot higher lol, my best run was 13.522@104.72---R/T .256---60' 2.008