Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #99
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
This is why I can't wait for IL to pass concealed carry. Car jack my ass.
Yeah we can tell IL and Chicago give a crap about CC. I think I hide and let the hips fall if the shtf
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #100
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
A couple of jerks followed me on a Main Street and then on sided streets. I laid my .357 on the dash, and they left.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #101
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
Lol yea, like that's gonna happen.
Not as long as Moonbeam is in office
Old 06-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #102
doubletap407

Drives: 2011 ls v6 blacked out
Sounds fishy to me !
Old 06-17-2013, 02:06 AM   #103
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Caroline View Post
I've never followed somebody off of a highway... That's creepy.

BUT, I do pace people in the left lane. I don't want to drive like a jerk so I wait for the guy that is willing to run people out of the left lane and just follow them about 3-4 car lengths back.

I have been paced before too, but I know that trick so I slow down until they pass. Some people just want to follow you so you get a speeding ticket and they don't.
I've never seen cops pull over the lead car besides they no longer play Sitting Bull. At least where I live they are mobile and cruise up behind you so if someone is pacing they are the one getting popped.

It doesn't matter anymore though, I keep my SS within 10 even on the highway, too many cops ya see. The only time I hit it is when America is in trouble and the call goes out.

You understand I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
A couple of jerks followed me on a Main Street and then on sided streets. I laid my .357 on the dash, and they left.
Damn Bonanza! Where do you keep that thing hid at? I can't find a good spot for my .44, the freakin' thing just sticks out everywhere! I am tempted to customize a holster to attach under the steering wheel area, maybe put a quick release on it just incase I have to shoot through 2 or 3 vehicles at a time.

People tend to line up real nice in traffic if you follow my meaning.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:46 AM   #104
DRKnight1SS
The Dude

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS M6
Maybe he just wanted to stare at your nice Camaro Can't blame others for droolin
DRKnight1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:28 AM   #105
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Saturday night I went to a party with a friend of mine, who has a 2nd Gen Camaro and we went to a drive thru to pick up some beer. When we left I noticed a car tailing us. We took some off the wall roads and there they were riding my ass the whole way. So we go out of town, lose them and park for a while. On our way back into town guess who does a U turn to get behind us. Once again riding my ass the whole time. When we got back to the bar we were at I gave them a piece of my mind in the middle of main street. I was not very happy.
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #106
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
I've never seen cops pull over the lead car besides they no longer play Sitting Bull. At least where I live they are mobile and cruise up behind you so if someone is pacing they are the one getting popped.

It doesn't matter anymore though, I keep my SS within 10 even on the highway, too many cops ya see. The only time I hit it is when America is in trouble and the call goes out.

You understand I'm sure.

Damn Bonanza! Where do you keep that thing hid at? I can't find a good spot for my .44, the freakin' thing just sticks out everywhere! I am tempted to customize a holster to attach under the steering wheel area, maybe put a quick release on it just incase I have to shoot through 2 or 3 vehicles at a time.

People tend to line up real nice in traffic if you follow my meaning.
Ruger SP 101, 3 inch barrel. Keep it either in a holster or on the seat next to me. There is a holster made for under the column. Check it out
Old 06-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #107
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKnight1SS View Post
Maybe he just wanted to stare at your nice Camaro Can't blame others for droolin
Haha! I've been getting that a lot lately. People will cruise right up and oogle my SS. I have to admit all the haters I used to run in to was wearing on me but ever since the weather turned nice I've encountered nothing but Camaro fans.

Maybe we have turned the tide so to speak? I was at Wildfire Harley Davidson the other day checking on my Dyna and its repairs and the whole parking lot was full of bikers and they kept me there for a good hour talking Camaro's. Surprisingly quite a few were Camaro owners but mostly 67's and 69's. It was cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
Ruger SP 101, 3 inch barrel. Keep it either in a holster or on the seat next to me. There is a holster made for under the column. Check it out
I'll have to look in to it when they change the laws around here. In Illinois the laws demand if you drive with a gun the bullets have to be in a separate compartment and the gun itself must be in a case. They are changing that though and hopefully soon.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #108
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Quote:
I had a fool follow me last night for 2 hours, in the rain, on I-55 South and he wouldn't go away. Every exit I used to lose him he took as well and kept with me going back onto the expressway time and again. I did that 3 times and this jerk kept following. Nothing happened earlier so I can't think of anything I might have done to piss somebody else off but this dude followed me from Chicago to Decatur Illinois.

This was a 180 mile trip that usually takes almost 3 hours. This person had to be up to something. A few times he got way too close to my car and I couldn't make any sense of what he was doing but it was creepy to say the least.

Has this happened to any of you? If so what did you do?

Would you have called the police?

To finally get away I deployed counter measures...

Saw this thread at the top of the list and I haven't read any other posts (at work and I slack off responsibly) and I would say to either call police, or lose em in this scenario..

this brings back an episode of one of those crime tv shows where they told a similar situation... after some time they had went in front and a passenger went outside the window and opened fire killing their baby in the back seat...

I know this is a one in millions situation.. but in this day and age, a nut following for that extended period of time should be called into police to make sure any issues are addressed.. you never know whats going on and might happen to save a life.

of course they may have been convoying and happened to mistakenly start following you ... happened to a buddy of mine following a maroon TC hahaha
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #109
spencer37066

Drives: 2012 SS supercharged camaro
I carry for that very reason. If I have to I can always call the police or just look at the picture of the GPS from the last person that followed me forever and a day
Attached Images

spencer37066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #110
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Haha! I've been getting that a lot lately. People will cruise right up and oogle my SS. I have to admit all the haters I used to run in to was wearing on me but ever since the weather turned nice I've encountered nothing but Camaro fans.

Maybe we have turned the tide so to speak? I was at Wildfire Harley Davidson the other day checking on my Dyna and its repairs and the whole parking lot was full of bikers and they kept me there for a good hour talking Camaro's. Surprisingly quite a few were Camaro owners but mostly 67's and 69's. It was cool.

I'll have to look in to it when they change the laws around here. In Illinois the laws demand if you drive with a gun the bullets have to be in a separate compartment and the gun itself must be in a case. They are changing that though and hopefully soon.
They are VERY accurate, reliable, and with a Hogue grip, comfortable to shoot. Nice thing about Arizona..everyone can carry concealed or open, car or not.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #111
J-Short

Drives: '13 2LT/RS BRM
I'm a black man in a Camaro. If course u have been followed, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't in admiration. Lol
J-Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #112
jrisebo

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
After the first exit, and he or she followed me back on, it would have been a call to the cops. Really dangerous types out there sometimes.

Quote:
I had a fool follow me last night for 2 hours, in the rain, on I-55 South and he wouldn't go away. Every exit I used to lose him he took as well and kept with me going back onto the expressway time and again. I did that 3 times and this jerk kept following. Nothing happened earlier so I can't think of anything I might have done to piss somebody else off but this dude followed me from Chicago to Decatur Illinois.

This was a 180 mile trip that usually takes almost 3 hours. This person had to be up to something. A few times he got way too close to my car and I couldn't make any sense of what he was doing but it was creepy to say the least.

Has this happened to any of you? If so what did you do?

Would you have called the police?

To finally get away I deployed counter measures...