Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #29
jashobbsie
Davenport Stage 5+

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & C7 Corvette 3LT Z51
Definitely the go...and I have to admit for the front bumber changes...was a big bonus..love it.
jashobbsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #30
JFWJR179

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1 Convertible A10
I bought my 2013 ZL1 convertible because:

1. I always wanted a Camaro muscle car
2. The style/looks/color
3. The 580 HP supercharged engine
4. Drop top
5. 6 speed manual transmission
6. I believe it will be very rare 20 years from now
7. Cruising and going to car shows/car gatherings
8. I may do some minor mods after the warranty expires

I don't plan on racing it or going to track days.
JFWJR179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:41 AM   #31
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Better than c6 corvette handling, with back seats. I had a c6 z06 before the Zl, the Zl is easier to drive /turn at the limit.
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #32
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
Neither. I've had my '08 GT500 since November 2007 and it still has 9 miles on the odometer. It's stored under a fitted car cover inside my windowless attached 3-car garage. It doesn't get driven and doesn't get taken to any car shows. Only a couple of my friends have ever seen it.

I've had my '13 ZL1 for about six weeks now and it still has 8 miles on the odometer. It's under a fitted car cover parked in my garage next to the GT500.

I've had my '96 Mustang SVT Cobra (first year for the 4.6L DOHC motor and only year for color-shifting mystic paint) for more than 17 years and it still has 7 miles on the odometer. The ZL1 put me out of garage space at home, so the '96 is under a car cover in the garage at my Mom's house a couple of towns over.

All were factory-ordered with the exact colors and options I wanted. The factory plastic is still on the seats and steering wheels of all three. I saved up for a few years in between and paid cash for each one. You don't have to understand, but I love owning them and keeping them in mint condition. Every couple of weeks when I peel back the car covers and go through my regimen of starting and fully warming up the engines, I get to enjoy sitting in them and looking at them inside and out before covering them back up until the next time. If I ever have enough money to retire a few years from now, my plan is to switch insurance from comprehensive only to full coverage (my State Farm agent says he can do this for me a month at a time) and take one to local cruise nights or car shows.

Keep in mind that day may never come, and someone else will end up with your rides ...
Old 06-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #33
SCHUSS
709 RWHP & 677 RWTQ

Drives: 13' HPE 800 ZL1..... IOM vert, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFWJR179 View Post
I bought my 2013 ZL1 convertible because:

1. I always wanted a Camaro muscle car
2. The style/looks/color
3. The 580 HP supercharged engine
4. Drop top
5. 6 speed manual transmission
6. I believe it will be very rare 20 years from now
7. Cruising and going to car shows/car gatherings
8. I may do some minor mods after the warranty expires

I don't plan on racing it or going to track days.

#8 may not hold true
SCHUSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #34
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianZL1#992 View Post
+1. Eventually somebody's going to ride her hard!!! Might as well be you!! The car I mean lol
Hey come on now, take it easy on the poor, actually rich, guy. Just because he keeps them under wraps, maybe the back seat is where all the real action is taking place! And then he's just too worn out to take it for a ride.

Personally I couldn't just let her sit. I actually hear her calling me at times, pssst pssst let's Go she whispers. Zero track/drag strip experience, but that is our goal. Originally we were only thinking about road courses, but after seeing Deke736 in his Ashen Gray, Best damn look'n ZL1 I've seen to date, I just thought to myself, "I got to do that" just all out on a prepped surface. We plan on taking some road course lesson with an experienced driver first. Not trying to be a pro driver, its going to be all about fun fun fun!

But for right now its all about "how she looks", as any woman can tell you " its not how you feel, it's how you look" that's important. So the goal right now is to Look Bad Ass. Hope Deke736 doesn't mind, here's my favorite picture of his car. This is one vicious Mean Machine! I'm going to order those lights!
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371559382.185440.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  125.8 KB
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #35
kmthor00

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
Neither. I've had my '08 GT500 since November 2007 and it still has 9 miles on the odometer. It's stored under a fitted car cover inside my windowless attached 3-car garage. It doesn't get driven and doesn't get taken to any car shows. Only a couple of my friends have ever seen it.

I've had my '13 ZL1 for about six weeks now and it still has 8 miles on the odometer. It's under a fitted car cover parked in my garage next to the GT500.

I've had my '96 Mustang SVT Cobra (first year for the 4.6L DOHC motor and only year for color-shifting mystic paint) for more than 17 years and it still has 7 miles on the odometer. The ZL1 put me out of garage space at home, so the '96 is under a car cover in the garage at my Mom's house a couple of towns over.

All were factory-ordered with the exact colors and options I wanted. The factory plastic is still on the seats and steering wheels of all three. I saved up for a few years in between and paid cash for each one. You don't have to understand, but I love owning them and keeping them in mint condition. Every couple of weeks when I peel back the car covers and go through my regimen of starting and fully warming up the engines, I get to enjoy sitting in them and looking at them inside and out before covering them back up until the next time. If I ever have enough money to retire a few years from now, my plan is to switch insurance from comprehensive only to full coverage (my State Farm agent says he can do this for me a month at a time) and take one to local cruise nights or car shows.
Awesome! I would love to see these cars.
kmthor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #36
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZL1 View Post
Better than c6 corvette handling, with back seats. I had a c6 z06 before the Zl, the Zl is easier to drive /turn at the limit.
Really?

I run with a club that is made up of mostly C6 Z06s. They are nothing to be triffled with. They are considerably lighter than a ZL1. Stock they put about 440 to the rear wheels which is less than the ZL1. And the rubber on the ZL1 is larger.

Now I have never ridden in a ZL1. So please don't get the wrong idea. I just want to hear more aobut the comparison? Because if you are right it would make the ZL1 even more attractive!

However, I would be looking at a Zl1 to keep up with the group I mentioned. We now have a third in the family, and I need a back seat.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #37
DJ-Silver 2SS
Ah DJ-IOM ZL1 haha

Drives: 13 IOM ZL1 M6 & 10 SIM 2SS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-Silver 2SS
Bought mine for both. I go racing and I go to shows and cruises, oh and it's a daily driver.
2013 IOM ZL1 #002415 Born 09/13/12
2010 SIM 2SS/RS #005549 Born 05/02/09
DJ-Silver 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #38
roSSco
∞ Smiles per mile

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Summit White A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post
Really?

I run with a club that is made up of mostly C6 Z06s. They are nothing to be triffled with. They are considerably lighter than a ZL1. Stock they put about 440 to the rear wheels which is less than the ZL1. And the rubber on the ZL1 is larger.

Now I have never ridden in a ZL1. So please don't get the wrong idea. I just want to hear more aobut the comparison? Because if you are right it would make the ZL1 even more attractive!

However, I would be looking at a Zl1 to keep up with the group I mentioned. We now have a third in the family, and I need a back seat.
I had 2 Z06s before I got my ZL1. I agree they feel like they drive better. The lap times might not show it, but the ZL1 feels like you can approach the limits easier.

It also rides softer in Tour mode. The suede insert seats hold me in place like velcro. In fact, it makes getting in and out a bit difficult. The seats in the Z06 were one of my peeves. Fly into a corner hard and get pressed against the door - not so good.
roSSco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #39
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
I like to look good and go fast.....................So both!
Old 06-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #40
W2WSS

Drives: 13 ZL1
too many garage queens on this site. Get out there and enjoy your car.
W2WSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #41
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I put a response, it was close, then I thought about it...

I bought it for show, then I drove it and found out it would go, so
Old 06-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #42
kalamajama

Drives: 2012 ZL1 2002 Silverado, 2010 Prius
It's the baddest street legal Camaro ever produced. Wife says no to picking up babes or I would. So it ain't for the show. By the way this gal sold me the car and I thought I would never get in the car...LOL
Attached Images

kalamajama is offline   Reply With Quote