Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #15
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
...XTS came BEFORE ATS and CTS.

Hilariously enough all the interior tech in ATS, CTS, and SRX is derived from what debuted in XTS.
touche

but that also does aid my opinion in saying that the XTS reminds me of "old" cadillac while CTS and ATS represent the future of Cadillac. Even the outgoing CTS, for me showed me that cadillac is committed to bringing the best cars they can to market. So fen, if I read one of your earlier posts correctly then the XTS is basically a band aid to fill a gap in the line up?
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #16
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Anyways, that is actually a bit less than I expected for this car. IMHO this engine turns the XTS into the car it should have been all along and is the ultimate seperater between it and it's lower sable mates. For what you get, that is not a bad price at all.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #17
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
touche

but that also does aid my opinion in saying that the XTS reminds me of "old" cadillac while CTS and ATS represent the future of Cadillac. Even the outgoing CTS, for me showed me that cadillac is committed to bringing the best cars they can to market. So fen, if I read one of your earlier posts correctly then the XTS is basically a band aid to fill a gap in the line up?
Basically.

Cadillac had three choices.

Kill the DTS and leave a wide open gap at the top of the lineup with no large sedan.

Build the XTS.

Continue DTS production.

They picked the right one. The Omega flagship won't be ready for a few more years. Until then, XTS fills the role very well.

And from what I understand, Cadillac might not stop with a 7-series/S-class competitor...
Old 06-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #18
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Basically.

Cadillac had three choices.

Kill the DTS and leave a wide open gap at the top of the lineup with no large sedan.

Build the XTS.

Continue DTS production.

They picked the right one. The Omega flagship won't be ready for a few more years. Until then, XTS fills the role very well.

And from what I understand, Cadillac might not stop with a 7-series/S-class competitor...
Ok that makes the XTS make a bit more sense now.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #19
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Drives: 07Taho, 11CamaroRS, 12CTSV Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Anyways, that is actually a bit less than I expected for this car. IMHO this engine turns the XTS into the car it should have been all along and is the ultimate seperater between it and it's lower sable mates. For what you get, that is not a bad price at all.
Wow.. we finally agree.
Cmicasa the Great XvX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #20
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmicasa the Great XvX View Post
Wow.. we finally agree.
it's a big world with a lot of ideas and anything can happen haha.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #21
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
for 63k I'd rather have a euro luxury car but I hope this is successful so that can put this in the 6th gen
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #22
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sun View Post
for 63k I'd rather have a euro luxury car
Have at it...

Old 06-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #23
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sun View Post
for 63k I'd rather have a euro luxury car but I hope this is successful so that can put this in the 6th gen
If you took the shield off and put a 3-pointed star or a blue & white propeller on the grille, I don't think anyone would bat an eye at paying $63K for the XTS. The question I've had is whether GM's upmarket move is going to work. It seems like everywhere we turn, a new model is coming out at a new premium price: ZL1, Z/28, CTS, SS, and now the XTS V-Sport. Now, these cars are among the best or the best on the market. I just hope people are willing to pay the price for them.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #24
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
price seems about right to me for 410HP in Cadillac's largest car.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #25
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
If you took the shield off and put a 3-pointed star or a blue & white propeller on the grille, I don't think anyone would bat an eye at paying $63K for the XTS. The question I've had is whether GM's upmarket move is going to work. It seems like everywhere we turn, a new model is coming out at a new premium price: ZL1, Z/28, CTS, SS, and now the XTS V-Sport. Now, these cars are among the best or the best on the market. I just hope people are willing to pay the price for them.
Cadillac, Buick, GMC, and Chevy sales are UP for the year.. People are buying..
Old 06-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #26
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Oh please. Everyone here knows I adore the Impala but the XTS's interior is ridiculously nicer. CUE alone establishes that.
A nice interior isn't worth the money that it costs over the Impala. The Impala is the best car in its segment while the XTS doesn't even have a segment. It's the typical old GM way of thinking. The only thing they got right on this car is the interior. They should have canned the DTS and not put anything in its place. If it isn't worth building, don't build it at all. Kind of like that shitty van thing that chevy is making.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmicasa the Great XvX View Post
I guess the first thing U would have to do is enlighten me on how this car is WORSE than the E-Class outside of the E63AMG.. which is really more of a CTS-V competitor, especially now.

The interior refinements in the XTS rival almost every Eclass I can think of and in reality rival those from the PRE-2014 S-Class with exception to the DESIGNO ones.

With the only real deficiency (HP) now taken care of.. the XTS is a viable LS and A8 alternative in most minds who would actually be shopping for this sized luxo car.

I also have always had issue with Cadillac being looked down on because it shares with other GM brands.. even when those things being shared are EXCELLENT even in the under-brands. IF Benz/BMW had "under-"brands I can bet good money they would be sharing things just like GM and VW do in their upper brands. Personally, after experience with BMW, and second hand experience with Benz... I would buy a BUICK Lacrosse over many of their offering in this size category. More so than in any other line I believe that the German offerings are more about BADGE than real superiority in Engineering these days. For one.. GREAT engineering means "the shit don't break..." just for pulling outta the garage
Let's see.
Price-MB
Interior-Tie
Exterior-MB (opinion)
Powertrain-MB with a 7 speed auto and a TT V8
Cool factor-MB
Handling-MB
The E550 blows this car out of the water in every way possible. The handling is probably the biggest factor since it's AWD on a RWD based platform. Plus with the MB you get a much better dealer network with real luxury dealerships that aren't attached to horrible Chevy dealerships. When it's time for service MB excellent since you don't have these moron Chevy techs working on it. In terms of reliability I believe MB was the highest rated German manufacturer on the last JD power test. I know it's close to Cadillac, but I'm not sure which one ranked higher. This car doesn't make any sense at all. I want Caddy to do well, but this car is just a failure. Stick to making cars like the CTS and ATS.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #27
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Considering XTS sales so far I'd say it was the right move and far from a failure.

And speaking from experience, Mercedes techs aren't the sharpest tools in the shed either. What you pay for "service" is a joke.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #28
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Considering XTS sales so far I'd say it was the right move and far from a failure.

And speaking from experience, Mercedes techs aren't the sharpest tools in the shed either. What you pay for "service" is a joke.
It doesn't matter because in 2-3 years from now the market will be saturated with used XTSs because all the people that bought them will be dead from old age. Oh and GM service is the worst. Ever.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote