Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 07-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #13595
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
I am going to go back to Road Atlanta to do another track day weekend with Chin Motorsports, so if anyone is interested let me know.

Right now I am thinking the end of September, which will open for registration the end of July. The Novice group (first time at a track, first time with Chin, first time at Road Atlanta) sells out really quick, so we will need to register as soon as it opens. The cost is around $ 650 for the two day event, which includes a $ 100 instructor fee which is mandatory if you are in the Novice Group. You get more than enough track time, and a couple of classroom sessions each day. The instructor is really helpful, and really accelerates your learning curve on the track. You also have to join Chin Motorsports before you can register.

You can go to the Chin website and get all of the details regarding what you need to bring etc. You will have to change out your brake fluid to a high temp fluid at a minimum.

There is nothing quite like driving your car at Road Atlanta at as high a rate of speed as you are willing....highly recommend doing this at least once.

It will be much more fun if there are at least a few of us there together, so make sure to let me know of any interest, and I will coordinate keeping up with deadlines etc.

David

If only I wasn't broke....
Old 07-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #13596
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
If only I wasn't broke....
Keep delivering those Jimmy Johns subs and you will have the money before you know it.
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #13597
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 6.2 Z71
Quote:
I am going to go back to Road Atlanta to do another track day weekend with Chin Motorsports, so if anyone is interested let me know...
I am interested - especially if any more ACE5 are going.
They just ran RA last w/e but were sold out before I knew about it.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #13598
Southern Comfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
Sup, guys.

I'm kinda fascinated by how well my car did on gas last night. We were up at a horse show in Gainesville GA and came home last night. I followed my mom home in my car as she pulled the horse trailer going 60 MPH down 985/85/285 (due to having blowouts on our horse trailer at anything above 65).

I reset my "avg fuel economy" right as I was getting on the on ramp and didn't do anything to it except check it while driving. As I was going down the interstate at 60 in 6th gear I was getting an average of 33 MPGs and after getting off the interstate and taking the 20 minute drive down back roads I managed to make that whole trip averaging 30.0 MPG according to the thing.

I think it was pretty accurate too because I just barely used a half of a quarter tank. (so 1/8th lol)

Anyways, I just thought I'd share how good the car does when you drive like grandma, but really who could do that when they are on their own?
Draft horses?
Old 07-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #13599
1FOCUSS
ACE5.ORG (Atlanta Group)

Drives: 2011 RS Red Jewel
After watching WestCoast Customs just now.. makes me want to get my car painted with LineX. That camaro was a beast!
1FOCUSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #13600
1FOCUSS
ACE5.ORG (Atlanta Group)

Old 07-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #13601
1FOCUSS
ACE5.ORG (Atlanta Group)

Old 07-02-2013, 08:47 AM   #13602
strokerls1

Drives: 2015 Charger Hellcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post
I know ACE5 has talked about going to AMP, but has anyone made it there yet? A friend of mine recently bought an AMP Kart membership and a new kart. He runs out there once or twice a week, and has even started competing in their monthly kart races.

So he invited me to tag along, and I spent Sunday buzzing around the AMP kart track. This was the first time I had ever even sat in one of these things. It was definitely a great experience. It cost me a few bucks, but it was certainly worth it. I had full access to the kart course (Track A) that runs .85 of a mile with a number of elevation changes, off camber and blind turns. The kart was one of their Yamaha rental units. I honestly don’t know much else about it other than it was enough for me – at least for that one day

Well I think I did ok in my first session - only stalled twice. This model kart has no starter, so someone had to run to my rescue carrying a 25lb portable starter. No one believes it, but the stalls were not my fault. No spin outs – no contact with any signs or tires – just a little off the edge of the track.

In the second session I pushed things a bit harder. The guys gave me a few pointers about each of the turns, so I was ready this time. Except now they are passing me two at a time. I try harder only to spin out to spin out 5 times and stall once more. It is a bit of a rush to spin backwards into a turn while staring at the kart that’s following you. Okay this one was on me, and by now I am getting dirty looks from the rescue crew. Then the black flag came out, and I pitted immediately – just in the wrong pit section. And of course, they had no remote starter there.

Well I thought I was done after the two sessions. But after some lunch in an air conditioned restaurant, I was ready to hit it again. This time they split the track into two courses, so they could simultaneously run the public karts on a separate section. That left us .46 mile (Track B), and now included a second downhill stretch (full throttle recommended) with a blind turn then climbing up to another blind turn left, or straight into the pit wall. These little karts definitely get up enough speed to test your confidence going into the blind turns.

Session three – no spin outs, no stalls, no tire walls. It’s a good thing because I think they would have just left me out there. This time I really focused on getting the right speed into the right line around the turns. Still had some hairy moments coming out of some turns, but I managed to keep it off the grass and pointed forward.

I am thinking about going back for more, so if anyone else is heading up there let me know.
I saw you getting off the spout springs exit on Sunday. I did a double take thinking, "someone is driving my car!" LOL. It was neat to see a 1le from everyone else's view. Mine has been in the shop going on a month now...
strokerls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #13603
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Quote:
I am going to go back to Road Atlanta to do another track day weekend with Chin Motorsports, so if anyone is interested let me know.

Right now I am thinking the end of September, which will open for registration the end of July. The Novice group (first time at a track, first time with Chin, first time at Road Atlanta) sells out really quick, so we will need to register as soon as it opens. The cost is around $ 650 for the two day event, which includes a $ 100 instructor fee which is mandatory if you are in the Novice Group. You get more than enough track time, and a couple of classroom sessions each day. The instructor is really helpful, and really accelerates your learning curve on the track. You also have to join Chin Motorsports before you can register.

You can go to the Chin website and get all of the details regarding what you need to bring etc. You will have to change out your brake fluid to a high temp fluid at a minimum.

There is nothing quite like driving your car at Road Atlanta at as high a rate of speed as you are willing....highly recommend doing this at least once.

It will be much more fun if there are at least a few of us there together, so make sure to let me know of any interest, and I will coordinate keeping up with deadlines etc.

David
I'm interested.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #13604
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
Quote:
David
Thanks David. Timing just isn't right for me now. However, I will want to do this one day. Please keep posting when you do any track days.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #13605
blake2010ss

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs
Send a message via AIM to blake2010ss Send a message via MSN to blake2010ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokerls1 View Post
I saw you getting off the spout springs exit on Sunday. I did a double take thinking, "someone is driving my car!" LOL. It was neat to see a 1le from everyone else's view. Mine has been in the shop going on a month now...
The 2nd shop??

416, AGP 6262, E85, Cam
blake2010ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #13606
Southern Comfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokerls1 View Post
Yeah, I was just getting home from AMP - trying to beat the rain.

They still painting yours? Geez, they need to wrap it up!
Old 07-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #13607
RJsCamaro

Drives: 2011 1SS,RS Camaro M6
Just saw one of our members in Milton just now while I was working. It was a black RS V6 with red stripes. Was wondering if he would see this
RJsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #13608
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
What do you guys think of the front end of the camaro in the new transformers movie?

Tags
atlanta, club, diane is great., free josh, j.t. is awesome, mti locks not rocks your car, mti rocks, mti rocks your mom's house, yep yep