Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-16-2009, 04:42 PM   #29
smhss

Drives: '11 Silverado, '10 Camaro 2SS...
Send a message via Yahoo to smhss
Quote:
Originally Posted by derin11 View Post
LOLOLOL, just bought the Turtle wax scratch and swirl remover and it took out everything including the hairline scratch
Thank goodness! I know how you are feeling right now!
smhss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #30
third1
speed freak

Drives: 2015i Cadillac Escalade,10 IOM 2ss
Mine was deliver with a door ding
Current:2015i Cadilac Escalade,2016 Lexus RC350,2011 CVO StreetGlide cammed,tuned & loud. 2010 IMO/IO,custom stripes,GFX,sunrf,solo exhaust,JBA shorties,rotofab,Jannetty tune,Pfadt,JLw6 Audison&Hertz,7/4/09 2GIFKIEJ6A9123779Del 7/10/09
Former Camaros 72 LT1 Z28, 86 z28
[SIGPIC]
third1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:14 PM   #31
oilman63
rjt ordered 10-15 2ss

Drives: 2010 2SS badass camaro
nics & scratchs

If you plan on driving it. Plan on nics & scratchs.But try minimizing them.Parking lots suck.Some people have no respect for other peoples stuff.Some people are jealous and ignorant.They can't have something nice so why should others.These types are few,but they do exist.road debri is everywhere,coming out of tire treads.Keep a good distance between you and the vehicle in front of you,especially trucks.Pick your parking spots carefully.I usually don't park real far away ,a little out and I try to park next to cars that seem to be well cared for.or on the end ,especially by like a curb,I get close to the curb .but make sure the curbs not high enough to hit bottom of door when you open it.basically parking lots suck.I took my son to the doctor the other day.Well his doctor's known the car's been coming for some time.well he comes out to see it.bamm big touchy feely guy.Run his hand down the side .My son he's quick he's like finger prints really stands out on that color.No apology just like oh how great the car is bla bla bla.Can I sit in it.So what do ya say.Oh how do you ajust the seat.My drivers seat.Oh I love the gaugesAll the while touching everthing in sight.I mean like caressing it .Dam when we left we had smudges and finger prints all over the car.I felt like she was raped.Now let me tell you what.Let someone do that to the paint when it's filthy and see what kinda scratchs are left behind.This shit with people touching other peoples cars drives me insane.We've already broken my 2 1/2 year old grandson of touching other peoples cars and motorcycles.enough said Check him out on you tube first time seeing pop pops new camaro.
oilman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:46 PM   #32
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
When your 2 way pager beeped you went outside to catch them?
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:51 PM   #33
5thGenCamaroChick
Hey y'all :)

Drives: Rosalee
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
I scraped my hood with the end of my leaf blower.

I thought it would be a good idea to blow the water off of my car and scraped the hood with the end of it.
I thought I was the only one who thought of that!
5thGenCamaroChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:53 PM   #34
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
Dude WTF?

Stop parking it where you park it
Install a webcam where you park it
Sit for a day and catch the jerk who's hitting it

No way would anyone stand for this crap
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #35
surferbarney

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 1999 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by derin11 View Post
LOLOLOL, just bought the Turtle wax scratch and swirl remover and it took out everything including the hairline scratch
I was gonna say that I use the turtle was rubbing compound for deeper scratches and polishing compound for lighter scratches. They work great but it looks like you already found that out.
GFX Package
Pre-Ordered 1/19/09
2000 4/9/09
3000 4/24/09
3300 5/4/09
3400 5/9/09
3800 5/15/09
Delivered 6/2/09!!!!!

VIN 2G1FT1EWXA9110199
surferbarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #36
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
It's always hard to see those first dings and scratches on a new car of any kind. It's been my experience that the harder you try the worse things happen....to me any way.

Like the time I had a 91 S-10 Ext Cab brand new, drove it for a week and then went out of town to work for a month and half leaving the truck at home. Get home, excited to be home and driving my new wheels and one of my best friends drives by in somebody else's beater and lobs a half can of beer over head and hits the passenger door. so much for friends

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:20 AM   #37
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
I feel for you guys and can sure identify with you. Fortunately for me my car is far from a new pristine car and has plenty of touched up nicks and so forth, definitely a driver! But is is amazing just how many people, it seems most, just don't get the "Don't Touch" thing. My family and I went to Carb Day at Indy this year and GM had asked for my car the be there for the week, not under a tent and not roped off, I declined. However since we were going to be there and I had the GM person's cell number I figured I give her a call and see if we could park in the GM display, they'd have a '67 to display for the day and I'd have a close, cool parking space.
On one hand it was very flattering how popular the car was with the fans, on the other people were leaning on it/touching it etc., etc. all day having their pictures taken and so forth. After watching a while from the wings I did get my "Please Don't Touch" signs out of the trunk and put them on the car. Funny thing how signs seem to instantly render people illiterate! While I was standing right there some guys little kid was grabbing the top of the door trying to pull himself up the side to see inside, he did eventually stop him. Of course I wasn't near the car a lot of the time. Our club President was there and said he had seen some girl crawl up and lay on the top boot to get her picture taken, said he'd have yelled at them if he'd known for sure it was my car. I was nearby when some kid opened the door and was going to sit in it until I yelled over "What do you think you're doing!?!??!" He said "What, you can't sit in it?????" That was the only time when I was near the car and said something, rest of the time I just sort of bit my tongue since I did choose to bring it there and didn't want to be a d*ck and spoil their enthusiasm at seeing the car.
Here's a picture:
Attached Images

MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:40 AM   #38
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
all bad stories, but unless you let it sit in garage its going to have battle damage.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:05 AM   #39
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
Get some duct tape and wrap a towel around the end of the leaf blower, maybe? I mean, it's not a WD-40 problem, so it's got to be a duct tape problem.
LMAO!
Old 07-17-2009, 10:10 AM   #40
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
I just got back a few weeks ago from a 1500 mile road trip...two rock marks on the front and one on the side...not much you can do if you plan to drive everyday.

I hate it too but that's the life of a car! I do go out of my way to park away from everyone though...I will not put her in the "normal" parking spots!!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:11 AM   #41
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
I blame city folks. Podunkville, Iowa doesn't have these kinds of problems.
I disagree...got most of the door dings on my "commuter" G6 when parking at our most rural university campus when I had to drive over to teach there. Farm trucks and cars don't mix well!

My solution is just park at the end of the parking lot and walk...even in the rain...also making sure I'm uphill from ANY cart dropoff or popular place to dump carts.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #42
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
I scraped my hood with the end of my leaf blower.

I thought it would be a good idea to blow the water off of my car and scraped the hood with the end of it.
Just how many bad things start with "Watch this..." or "I think I'll..."

We've all been there one time or another.