Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #43
zl1bro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 SIM AGM mono stripe
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah677 View Post
Well I am glad this was posted before I pulled the trigger. To me if it is just a matter of time then I guess I will not be pulling the trigger – which is extremely extremely disappointing to me. However I wouldn't underestimate good old American Ingenuity in terms of attacking this problem. If it can be done with the computer it can also be undone with the computer. There are some extremely smart guys out there who can figure this problem out and get us an answer. For example maybe it is reasonable to run dual CPU s Both running at the same time and gathering the same amount of data so that the mileage and so forth matches. The only probleom I see right off the bat is that if you switch back to the original untouched CPU will the Car run in order for you to get it to the smog control center and will it run well enough so that it passes smog test. However these are questions for the brainiacs. I think CA is a big enough market to make this problem worth attacking
Why don't you simply do a pulley and CAI? Good for 50-75rwhp. Inexpensive and easy to reverse for smog. No tune required. Check out Jannetty Racing.
zl1bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #44
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briand069 View Post
From the response that ARB gave that is what my feeling is. This is why I have held off doing any tune for even a gear change until I know what to expect. What I don't know and didn't ask is what happens if you fail.
If you fail the test , you can't get the sticker , there for you couldn't drive legally after your present tags expire , simple huh !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #45
Briand069

Drives: 1997/1969 Camaro's
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
If you fail the test , you can't get the sticker , there for you couldn't drive legally after your present tags expire , simple huh !
No, not simple. If you fail what does it take to pass? Is there a fine for tampering with emission equipment? I would guess it's like any other failure and you have to restore back to factory but in the case of the ECU does the OEM then have to reprogram it? I've asked these questions and I'm waiting a response from ARB.