Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #85
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
I can't offer any quarter times but here's a quick comparison at the 1/8 mark. Keep in mind I'm bone stock in this run, I hadn't even chopped the mufflers off at this point. Here's how I was running it:

87 Octane
1/4 tank
Bone stock
Launched at 1200 rpms
Nannies off (obviously)

Also keep in mind I'm in a 2LS with worse gearing for drag. This isn't even my best run. My best slip is a 9.55, I'll dig it up tomorrow unless my wife threw it away

EDIT: One thing I forgot to add, these runs were like 2 months ago in 95+ degree weather. Humidity was around the 40% mark. I let the car sit but my best time was actaully after two other runs.
Attached Images

awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:08 AM   #86
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
So I have a 2011 V6 auto with the 20" Pirellis (like you). I've found these wheels and tires difficult to launch on too. But as others have said , I find the best success when I do what I consider a short to medium burnout and leave the TC on and launch at about 1000RPM or so. Here is a timeslip of a recent run at Sonoma. Oh and you can see if you are single tire or multi-tire burning out by looking at your inner rear wheel tubs to see the rubber build up. On my car it was all on one side. lol

The track prep was not good either at mine (or at least the other cars were leaving chunks of rubber at the line and dudes were lazy about sweeping it up.) Anyway, I had a few decent 60ft times and here is a time slip showing my best run to date. The speed and trap ET I felt to be pretty good considering my somewhat mild bolt-ons.

Hope it helps you see what potential can be achieved...

Oh and I use 91 octane (CA) now after finding my car runs better with it and I get better mileage so it is worth it to me paying a little more. -And I suffer trust me, gas here is a freaking rip off!!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf img018.pdf (105.4 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by markgws6; 10-14-2012 at 03:11 AM. Reason: forgot something
markgws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #87
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
OK here you go. I'm on the right obviously. It wasn't that humid, not enough to make me lose over a second in the quarter, I don't think. Racing at Tulsa. Not super low elevation... my times ranged from 15.76-15.44.

This is against my boyfriend's SS (A6). He was running low 14's, definitely not what the SS is capable of either.
I would try another dragstrip. Hard to believe both of you are that bad a driver or that both cars are that slow.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #88
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Alright, so what gives? I went to the track this weekend. 75 degrees, a little humid but not too bad, took extra weight out of the car, less than a quarter tank of gas. Running a BBK CAI, ported throttle body, ported IM and black ice, with new-ish tires and aftermarket exhaust. I tried running this summer and was getting mid-15's times but I blamed that on how ridiculously hot it was. But my best run Friday night was a 15.44. I should be low 14's and I'm REALLY frustrated.

I'm not spinning; my reaction time is good; I just don't get what the problem is. The only thing I can think of that would be making my quarter times what they are is a CAI that isn't performing very well. Do I need to get a Vararam, maybe? I don't want CAI inc. I don't like how they look. And I can't have an Injen longtube because a lot of roads around here flood in the winter and I drive through water. I don't want to worry about hydrolocking. I got the BBK because it looks amazing under the hood with everything else I've done (chrome and aqua blue) and promised similar gains to other manufacturers. I really don't want to fork out the money for another CAI but it's the only thing I can think of, and this is pissing me off.

Anyone have any ideas? I can post the slips if I need to.

The only highlight of the night was spanking a newer model GTO. The rest of the night I was just getting mad.
Wow I have way less bolt ons than you and running hi 13s with a stick. That being said I have never seen any new camaro that slow. Does your car feel like it gives you a good kick to the back of the seat when you get on it? If so that dragstrip timer may be out of true calibration. Also when you take off do you have unmanigable wheel spin where you have to kind of feather the throttle before the tires lock up? If so then it could be that you need to practice your take offs but still the 15s seem really high even with wheel spin.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote