Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #43
a.morblu

Drives: 2011 Sinister SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Sorry but if your modding with the intent of having the car win a trophy and not doing it to reflect your personality your doing it wrong. The way I see it is the trophy is just icing on the cake after your hard work.
I've never won a single trophy. I go to several charity events a year. I went from a Harley to a Camaro and before I only rode in rides with people I liked and for worth while causes. Much the same with shows. My bike was every part a bit of me and now the Camaro is too. It's the "Your Camaro is great" comments that are my trophies. However an actual award would be pretty nice too.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #44
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I enter specifically for great parking!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #45
Lawdog1911
ZL1 Dreamin

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2010 2SS (RIP)
I entered a show once, the Car shop who put on the show took home most of the trophies. Didn't seem right.

Matte Black Jeep GC SRT8 20 inch wheels, SRT8 Sway Bars, Custom Hood, black Plasi-dip Custom Cross Road Runner Stripes and decals, Custom Rear Diffuser, Plasti-dip rear black out Panel. Halo Fog lights.

Please Help if you can Paypal: icanbe_reached@hotmail.com
Lawdog1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #46
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Not many trophy shows around here now, but getting the engine cover wrapped with a cool Camaro themed photo works well, as does painting various parts of the car. The paint is cheap at about $5.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #47
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdog1911 View Post
I entered a show once, the Car shop who put on the show took home most of the trophies. Didn't seem right.
A lot of them are that way.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #48
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Cleanliness is what judges look for more than how much aftermarket stuff you bolted on your car.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #49
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
My trophy is my keys
Old 09-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #50
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
Cleanliness is what judges look for more than how much aftermarket stuff you bolted on your car.
He, he, he, I once won a trophy with the bugs plastered all over the front of my car from cruising in it the night before. The car that placed after me was washed and cleaned for 3 hours and was spotless. (I think they are still a little pissed about that one because they invited me to the show. I still feel bad about it.) I don't usually do car shows unless there is a good cause for the entrance fee. I would rather spend my time at the track. But, again, for a good cause I will clean her up, time permitting, and show up and put on a good face for it. But once the show is done I will usually get in trouble for peeling out of there or powersliding out of the parking lot.

Point here is do what you like to your car. As the saying goes, "opinions are like @sshole, everyone has one" and what you like a judge may or may not so just make yourself happy.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:28 AM   #51
Black Beast

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
It all depends on who's doing the judging. So far I've only won with actual judges. Every other time it's been spectator voting and the flashier the better. Just make it to as many shows as you can so you can get an idea of what it takes. And don't forget to do something different and stand out. Good luck out there!
2010 Camaro 2SS, 2.9L Whipple S/C, 1 7/8 Kooks headers high flow cats, 3" kooks exhaust, ARP head bolts, GX9 Cam, ZL1 fuel pump w ADM pump module, Fuel Rail, 63 lb injectors, Lifters, Springs, Rx catch can, ZR1 Clutch & Flywheel, K&N intake, Dyno tuned 708RWHP
Black Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:34 AM   #52
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
I enter specifically for great parking!
+1
$5-10 reg fee= no door dings. Just fingerprints from little kids and old men, lol

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote