Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #29
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxMuscle View Post
I sould have did a forum search first

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183322
Yeah I looked it up too, apparently they won't ship it anymore bc someone on the forum was trying to get each authorized seller to underbid the other.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #30
Bowtie724

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS 2013 ZL1 Camaro
I installed a JL Audio 12" w6 using the sub-thump harness and I love my system and setup. I still haven't upgraded the factory amp but it next on my list.
Bowtie724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #31
Jayrcr3

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
The JL Audio 700/5 is a great amp. It's a little pricey, but we'll worth it. If you don't plan on adding a sub, you could use their 4 channel amp, but you will eventually want a sub, so stick in the 700/5 and add a sub when you're ready.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #32
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
If you want to add a subwoofer right away, then call Jimmy Johns. I hear they deliver subs the fastest...even freaky fast.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #33
Sinister1

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS2
Amp and speaker replacement

I have decided I cannot take the BA soundless system any longer.... I'm going to replace the door and deck speakers with Infinity Ref 6500cx component speakers, use the ******** FARK, Pull out the existing BA Amp and Install a new Excellon 4 channel and tie in the Infinity Basslink. Question though the doors are wired with an existing tweeter. When replacing the amp do you use the exiting tweeter wires or tie into the woofer wires and use 6500 crossover network??

Haven't figured this mess out yet and getting new wires into the doors is going to be ugly as all get out.
Sinister1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #34
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
The stock speakers are good speakers powered by a poor amp. I highly suggest that you change the amp first and use a FARK then decide if you like the stock speakers or not. Trust me, it's night and day... To answer your question I don't know about how the door tweeters hook up but I'd guess they run down to the main door speaker. Regardless if you use the Fark you should be good to go with the rest of the factory wiring.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #35
StealthZL1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Stereo upgrade

The BA speakers are cheap and low quality (made of paper/small magnets) and will eventually blow. I would not upgrade your amplifier without upgrading all of your speakers. The sound will be night and day. Furthermore, you can eliminate the unnecessary center channel 3.5" speaker from the dash.
The BA amp is cheap and low quality too.

I have the JL Audio HD900/5 amp and my ZL1 screams and thumps. I installed a gain control knob in my center console, so I can turn the subs up or down. I have all JL Audio speaker wires, RCA cables, and speakers (6.5" components with separate tweeters in the doors, 6"x9" coax speakers in the rear deck, two JL Audio 12's in the trunk). I removed the crappy flat-sounding MyLink touchscreen and installed a Pioneer AVIC Z150BH. I retained my OnStar, steering wheel controls, and all warning chimes (including back-up sensors). My OEM back-up camera works with my new head unit and I also have Sirius/XM, Pandora, Aha Radio, and navigation. I can also watch dvd's while driving and my iPhone 5 outputs video to the screen (Netflix, YouTube, HBO to Go, video files from iPod app, etc). The sound is spectacular.

Last edited by StealthZL1; 10-11-2013 at 04:32 AM.
StealthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:24 AM   #36
DDoug

Drives: '13 Inferno Orange ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarx82 View Post
That will not cover your existing speakers like others are saying so don't get confused.

For simplicity most are using this setup: JL Audio XD700/5 and the FARK from ********. But most five channel amps will do. The reason most use that amp is because with this you can fit the amp in the factory location behind the carpet in the trunk.

That will get you everything but the subs to start with. If you want to add subs to it then that config will allow you to add it and the only thing else you would need is the sub(s), the sub(s) enclosure, and speaker wire for it.

Here is an old video showing how just changing the factory amp out and using the ******** FARK will improve your audio. Make sure you play it in HD for best results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicster View Post
Here is a link to my stereo upgrade, it was totally worth the time and money sound is AWESOME!!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrcr3 View Post
The JL Audio 700/5 is a great amp. It's a little pricey, but we'll worth it. If you don't plan on adding a sub, you could use their 4 channel amp, but you will eventually want a sub, so stick in the 700/5 and add a sub when you're ready.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
Great! Thanks all!

I'll be getting serious today about the JL Audio amp.
DDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:23 AM   #37
mneal90620

Drives: 2011
I showed on my page or whatever you call it the entire system installed with pics
mneal90620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:24 AM   #38
rvnmaniac

Drives: 2012 M6 ZL1. 2019 Altima.07 FJR1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by mneal90620 View Post
I showed on my page or whatever you call it the entire system installed with pics
Where can this be seen?
Old 07-07-2015, 08:41 AM   #39
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
If only there were a forum dedicated to Camaro audio that had pics n stuff <3
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:06 AM   #40
ghmjgioj

Drives: ford
I thought this thing came stock with a sub. Is anyone. Upgrading just the speakers to get a little more clarity out I it???
ghmjgioj is offline   Reply With Quote