Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
The FEELS thread

C5 doesn't seem to have a FEELS thread, so I thought I would start it off:

Quote:
feels = A wave of emotions that sometimes cannot be adequately explained.
Share any stories (personal is okay as well), videos, or news articles you'd like that hit you in the FEELS. It can really be anything you want and you can use this thread to vent or get some ideas for anything going on in your life.

There will be judging here.

Let's start it off with the following video. The kid in the video is dyslexic and has been failing math. His dad has been tutoring him. The kid brings home his most recent math scores and captures the moment:

Last edited by Iwantone2; 10-23-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Iwantone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Feels fluffy bunny... great dad!

Now the other end of the spectrum.....

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 10-22-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

It doesn't matter who you are, this one will hit you right in the FEELS:

Old 10-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post

This one gets me EVERY time.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #5
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
I think punched was more like it Iwantone2. That is a day I'm never looking forward to. I live and die by my pups.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

I agree PIPE...anything related to pets always gets me :(

This next video isn't very recent, but holy crap did it get me:

Old 10-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
Mr Twisty

Old 10-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #8
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Ok I'll bite, this story from the other day. It caught my full attention with the following:

"His diseased kidneys were slowly failing him. One after another, people offered to donate one of theirs. But those good intentions — always foiled, never the right match — no longer raised his hopes.

It was his senior year at Brownsburg High School, the last year the doctors thought he would live, when he met a girl with a brand-new Camaro at a car show.

He and his best friend tagged along with her to the carwash. She let him drive the Camaro; he ended up scuffing one of the rims.

Chelsea Clair, then 22, had never met Kyle Froelich, then 19. But she had heard his story through a family friend and had already volunteered to help raise awareness for his cause."

On that very first day they met, without really knowing why or what it would mean, she said to him: “I’m going to give you my kidney.”

More below and a surprise ending of sorts:
http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...ect-match-more
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #9
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Dang...very much feels on both of the stories above :(

These videos always get me:

Old 10-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #10
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post

I have to put down Baby, our dog for the last 14 years tomorrow when I get home. This just hits all the feelings going through my head the last few hours. She will catch all the squirrels were she is going!!
Old 10-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #11
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Feels fluffy bunny... great dad!

Now the other end of the spectrum.....

I'm sorry, did she say she needed to see if her purse had burned up, that's pretty awesome.

For the rest of the stories though. Good sharing. I must have bit into a pepper while I was watching them, uhem, yep, bit into a pepper. It's like watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition when it was on. Pretty tough to watch some nights.

Last edited by 2012-1822; 10-24-2013 at 02:06 PM.
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #12
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I'm sorry, did she say she needed to see if her purse had burned up, that's pretty awesome.

For the rest of the stories though. Good sharing. I must have bit into a pepper while I was watching them, uhem, yep, bit into a pepper. It's like watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition when it was on. Pretty tough to watch some nights.
Yep, both boys died, and all she was worried about was her welfare card in her purse
Old 10-25-2013, 10:00 AM   #13
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
I have to put down Baby, our dog for the last 14 years tomorrow when I get home. This just hits all the feelings going through my head the last few hours. She will catch all the squirrels were she is going!!

That definitely does hit the feels, and I'm very sorry that you will have to put your friend down. Reminds me of when we put our dog Toby down and holding his small body in my hands when he passed.

Dogs and all animals are so amazing and they'll always remember us:

The following clip is from the Futuruma episode, Jurassic Bark. On my other forum, you cannot mention that title without being called an A-hole. They cut off the dialog in the clip, but Fry says the following while holding Seymour,

Quote:
I'll never forget him. But he forgot me a long time ago
The last command Fry had given Seymour was to wait for him in front of the pizza place:

Old 10-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #14
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
Hate to hear that. We just had to put one down in early October. Two weeks before he appeared fine. One week before they said he had stomach cancer, but we caught it early so we'll see if surgery can help. Over that next seven day he lost weight and threw up blood and they said nothing could be done.

That was Joey, I bred him back in 2003. His momma(she was my baby that slept with me every night and went everywhere with me) had died birthing him and his litter mates. We kept the whole litter. His two sisters are still with us. Joey was the family favorite though. Real special to everyone. He lived with my mom most of his life, took care of her. Actually had to run off potential intruders a couple of times from her house. And he was real good at it to. 50 lbs of black lean, musclular dog and a deep bark coming at someone in the dark tends to make them ass and elbows the other way real fast. Don't get me wrong, he never bit anyone and he was a sweet heart. I always enjoyed him coming to visit when my mom would need me to dog sit, even though one of his sisters has always lived with me, he was still nice to have around.