Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-26-2009, 09:00 AM   #15
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Mike View Post
I just had mine done a couple weeks ago, I will get pics up as soon as possible. I went with 35% all the way around, ceramic tint, brand is Llumar. I was very confused when I went in because I wanted it dark, but I didn't want to not be able to see at night, and have cops giving me a hard time. I was told that the tint would appear to be darker on vehicles with a dark interior, mine being black inside I took the guys advice. I couldn't be happier. 35% is a good darkness for daytime, it's like wearing a normal pair of sunglasses, maybe a little lighter even. It still appears to be pretty dark from the outside during the day. At night, when looking in with the car turned off and everything, the windows look very dark, but I can still see out of them just fine, enough to make sure I'm not going to hit anyone or anything. People are still able to see me through the tint at night too, as I've had people give me the thumbs up once I look over because they can see my face. That's good for me because I know the cops will be able to see me fine and not pull me over for my tint being too dark, even though it's illegal to tint the front windows at all over here.

Now for the regular vs. metallic vs. ceramic tint.

Regular tint protects from UVA and UVB rays, and helps reduce heat inside the vehicle (we all know this). Metallic blocks even more UVA and UVB and reduces heat inside even more. Ceramic is basically the same as metallic BUT with one main factor. Metallic tint has been known to cause interference with cell phones and radio signals, therefore ceramic was develped to give the same properties of metallic, WITHOUT the radio and cell phone interference.

Hope this helps. I will post some pics as soon as I find them, I'm at work right now.
I got a price on metalic vs ceramic yesterday, and man was I shocked!
the metalic was 150, but the ceramic was 350-400...is
this normal?
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:57 AM   #16
Whwilson

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
The lowest you can have in Tennessee is 35% on the sides..

Picture of my Camaro with 35% and the Vette with lower than 35%.
Attached Images

Whwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #17
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
usually rear 3 windows you can have as dark as you want. Side is where it varies by state. Tint percentages go as high as 75% i beleive people tint their windshields with these. My advice dont go any higher than 35% or you will get that see through cheap look.