Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
Babich9

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
2014 strut tower brace

I've seen some guys polish out their strut tower brace. I really like it. What products or how did you guys go about it? Also going to plasti dip my front chevy emblem for now until I get a grill. I heard there are 4 clips that hold it in place. How/best way to go about it so I can save some time? Thanks
Babich9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
I took off my front chevy emblem and front SS emblem to plasti-dip them. If you take off the metal plate just inside the front of the hood, you can reach down and get access to the back of the chevy emblem...I don't know if there is an easy way to get those 4 clips, you just have to keep trying and hope your fingers don't fall off in the process. Getting it back on is very easy.

If you want to dip the front SS emblem, that's a little different, since you can't really get to the back of it the same way as the chevy emblem. I released the clips from the front using a pick tool, then to get it back in place my wife to held the inside bracket in place (through the opening created by removing that plate...her arms are small) while I pushed the front part into place...not terribly difficult, just a little extra work compared to the chevy emblem.

This week I am going to dip the chrome strip that runs across the front...tried to do it once already while it was on the car...with a lot of tape...and didn't like how it turned out...so...I'm' taking the front fascia off so I can completely isolate the part and paint it. (I would remove the chrome strip entirely but I think it would leave a noticeable gap...will see once I actually get it apart).
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
Babich9

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Ya post some pics when you do that! Thanks!
Babich9 is offline   Reply With Quote