Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-27-2014, 01:38 PM   #71
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I don't want to get into the "is it a panty dropper or a boxer dropper" thing again, but in the real world, at least the little part of it I ride around in, I get nothing but compliments and stares of longing. Unfortunately it's always from dudes instead of hotties, but it is what it is.
Hahahahahahahaha this reminds me of my buddy who came back from overseas and bought a Roush black jack edition new. Kept talking about how many girls he was going pick up. Talked to him a few months later and he said "I have had more swinging D$(ks come up talking to me and asking for rides it's rediculous! I buying another pickup". Lol
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:06 PM   #72
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
I usually always get compliments until one day a co-worker and I were talking. I am nearing 50 and he is about 10 years older than I am. Somehow the conversation we were having at work turned to talking about cars and how ugly my car was and how could an automaker make such an ugly vehicle as that is beyond me and on and on about it. So my reply was exactly what kind of car appeals to you and what looks good. His response "I don't know". I told him "for someone who doesn't have an idea of what a good looking car is that is just your opinion on what you think of it and I really don't give a #@&* about your opinion and what you think since I am the one driving it, I like the looks of it and I am having fun with it. And your giving me a hard time on what I am driving, look at that lunch box on wheels you are driving". He drives about a 20+ year old Ford panel van. He finally said that he like the looks of the 4 door sedans, Buicks and Olds. Go figure!

I myself don't give a crap if others like it or not. There is a reason I bought it and it wasn't to please someone else.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:46 PM   #73
blumaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS / 1977 Trans AM
While I haven't heard anything negative in person, I have noticed on the forums that it's common for the haters to cite the Camaro's weight. My Camaro is a daily driver in a metropolitan area. No friggin way would I be driving a roller skate in that traffic. One of the features I was looking for in my car was the 3850 lb weight. I wanted a tank and I got one. What's that haters? The extra weight makes it slow? Hardly. In stock form it's plenty or power. Need more than that? Just bolt it on.
blumaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:00 PM   #74
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Just plain Jelousy
2021 Wild Cherry ZL1 A10, Sunroof, Data,Red Carbon Interior, Nav, RotoFab Big Gulp , Elite x2ultra, Borla ATAK, Driveshaft shop, full BMR susp, Speed eng. valve covers, intercoolers, ATI , 2650 MAG, DSX lid, 103 NW, JBA shorties, Lingenfelter check, 1le wheels, spoiler and diveplanes, PCV, Big3racing ice tank, [SIGPIC]etc....
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:04 PM   #75
SSweetride

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Rule #1 when reading Internet articles about cars: Do Not Read the Comments. It's where the trolls and morons are. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience. Find any review online of the C7, a car nearly universally recognized as amazing, and you will find dip$hit comments about "government motors" and "low tech" pushrods engines. Drives me bat$hit.

Just ignore it. Go drive your car.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:54 AM   #76
Jose

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS White S/C
I think you started placing pictures and threads on the KIA forum
Old 02-28-2014, 01:16 PM   #77
sasha055

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss Cab
The only hate I read around is the weight, it's always "heavy pig" comment..
However I don't understand why? it's not THAT heavy.. it's only 200-250lbs heavier then GT.. and it's bigger

Camaro SS ~ 3800bls
Mustang GT ~ 3600lbs

If we check European cars we get
Nissan GTR ~ 3800lbs
Audi S4 ~ 3800lbs
M3 ~ 3600lbs
M6 ~ 4300lbs

Even small cars weight a lot
STI ~ 3300-3400lbs
even Vette is at 3200lbs

How come Camaro is a heavy pig? it's a big car, M6 is almost same size and is 4300lbs and it's amazing

Having a lower weight is amazing, however 3300lbs at 420hp is a 997TT area..

Just mu 2 cents
sasha055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #78
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
I've seen two schools of hating, the ignorant and the snobs.

For the ignorant, it is hard to understand why someone would spend all that money/time on a car. Or they understand the "need for speed" but think throwing lots of boost/power into a light, cheap car is the answer (ricers).

Snobs drive "high end" vehicles like s and sr series audi's, m series BMW's, Porsches. They usually have no clue about their own vehicles except that it ".. Is three times the price and four times better..".

For some reason I have noticed a rather large proportion of vette owners fall into this category too which is sad.

I will concede that gen 5 camaros have issues (my biggest gripe is cheap interior materials) it is still a fantastic car for the price. Glad that "the big three" haven't forgotten about the blue collar middle class.
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:54 PM   #79
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha055 View Post
The only hate I read around is the weight, it's always "heavy pig" comment..
However I don't understand why? it's not THAT heavy.. it's only 200-250lbs heavier then GT.. and it's bigger

Camaro SS ~ 3800bls
Mustang GT ~ 3600lbs

If we check European cars we get
Nissan GTR ~ 3800lbs
Audi S4 ~ 3800lbs
M3 ~ 3600lbs
M6 ~ 4300lbs

Even small cars weight a lot
STI ~ 3300-3400lbs
even Vette is at 3200lbs

How come Camaro is a heavy pig? it's a big car, M6 is almost same size and is 4300lbs and it's amazing

Having a lower weight is amazing, however 3300lbs at 420hp is a 997TT area..

Just mu 2 cents
Most that complain about weight don't realize it's partly due to all those safety systems Chevy has in it. I've replaced my entire heads and exhaust system with stainless works, wheels are now forged so that is a little weight savings.
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #80
Ed Sanborn

Drives: 2013 rally yellow camaro SS/RS.
Location: Located in North Carolina, Asheville Camaro is licensed in Alaska
Sometimes people will say hateful things when they are jealous!
Ed Sanborn is offline   Reply With Quote