Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #393
gdj1966

Drives: Chevy colorado
2011 camaro convertible , convertible ,convertible
gdj1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:20 PM   #394
walls

Drives: Infiniti G37S, Suzuki B-King
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty 6 View Post
I would say...

Cooled seats
Painted shark fin
push button start (but it has to be a button, not the one from the corvette. A round button that says "Start")
Dual Zone climate
The grill from Jinx
Cooling ducks for the brakes
Some sort of track package like 1LE or something with stiffer suspension
Smaller rearview mirror
T-Tops (it will never happen but I would love it) I miss that most of all from my '99 Z
Color choice - green
fogs on with halos
DI V8

That is a dream list. I know it can't all happen but these are some things to work towards.

walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #395
LarkVille

Drives: The Larkvillemobile
Gold. Mustang got it right with sunset gold metallic:
LarkVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #396
Van

Drives: 2006 EVO MR - 390 @ wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkVille View Post
To each their own but is all I gotta say to that!
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #397
JJSoCrazy

Drives: 2010 Infiniti G37xS
Send a message via AIM to JJSoCrazy
What I would like to see:

- Rear View Camera
- HUD (w/ nav integrated)
- Cooled Seats
- Auto Climate Control
- T-Tops (this will help dominate the pony car market because no other car has these or anything similar, imagine the marketing in bringing this back!)
- Ambient Lighting (to be featured everywhere like it was supposed to and allow color change like the Mustang so people aren't forced to have either blue or orange when they choose a specific interior color and so it is integrated to the floor lighting, side sills, dash gauges, etc)
- Integrated Antenna
- Parking Brake (change the position and/or the style of it, I am not fond of where it is positioned and it should be shorter and have leather to look classier and less out of the way, looks cheap and quickly put together IMO)
- Additional Interior Colors (Red maybe?)
- Functional Fog lights! (IDK why GM made it the DayTime Running Lights and not operational at the same time )
- Hide Away Lights Option (just like in the old days )
- Iroc Option?
- Raised Hood and More Differentiation (now I had an issue with this because this is what should signify a V6 from a V8, the V8 should only have the raised hood and not just a mail slot to tell the difference, when people buy a V8 they want people to know they have it and it isn't a V6 IMO, when I see them from far away from behind they look very identical and can barely tell the difference in the front, there should be a little more differentiation with the different engine models)
- More Wheel Options (different styles since they all look very similar with the 5 spokes)
- Smart Key, Push Start, & Integrated Door Handles (my STS has this feature and I love it! It is very convienent and a big help when in a rush and the push start is very futuristic! Along with the smart key there should be integrated door handles like the Vette and XLR, it looks classier and less fingerprints lol)
- Painted GFX from factory (I mean come on? )
- Functional Ram Air Hood
- LED Tailights and Integrated Reverse Lights (this may help bring more appeal to the back of the Camaro, I am not too fond of it but it still looks good, however it can look better IMO with these features)

This is pretty much what I am looking forward too and I hope some of these come true because I am going to wait for the 2011 model to see some of the updates and maybe consider a Z28!

Joe

Last edited by JJSoCrazy; 08-01-2009 at 02:17 PM.
JJSoCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:18 PM   #398
armando416

Drives: Camaro 2SS IBM/Grand Prix
Let's see here...trying to stay realistic (yeah, we could all ask for a 600 hp engine, convertible, etc but for a one yr refresh I want to stay within the realm of possibility)...some of these were mentioned before but these to me are glaring omissions that shouldn't add too much to the price...some inspired by my brother's otherwise inferior ;-) Challenger R/T:

1) More color choices

2) Hill climb assist (yeah, if you are good with stick you shouldn't need it. but this was my first MT car in a while, and I admit I was nervous driving the first few times on a steep hill, esp. when someone pulled right up on my ass almost to the bumper)

3) Keyless entry/ignition (how nice would it be to never have to fish for the keys out of your pocket and just grab the door to open it, and push a button to start)

4) Climate control...you don't know how much you miss it until its gone. I hate fiddling with fan speed/temperature dials to get the right temp. Set it at 75 and let the computer do what it needs to do. My Grand Prix has this, why can't the Camaro?

5) No skip shift 'feature' on the MT (I know, probably not going to happen)

6) Removable roof panel ala Corvette

7) Bigger trunk opening (can't it somehow, some way be accomplished? I know this isn't meant to be an SUV but the trunk on the Challenger is a lot more reasonable to deal with. They don't even need to make the actual trunk bigger and add weight...just give us realistic access to the one we have! Plus this would be needed to add #6 above)

That's really all the obvious stuff I have the comes to mind, and I don't think it is asking too much.
armando416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #399
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
To each their own but is all I gotta say to that!

Ughh, that tail end..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #400
76z28

Drives: 1976 camaro
yea, i know you guys wont do this
but a wild 302 that loves to rev
underrated so the mustang guys wont feel left out
say put it at 290 horse again ratted at like 4400
but it revs to like 7000 with 450 horse up there
(with todays standards i know it wont happen)

or a factory installed cam or something

Last edited by 76z28; 08-01-2009 at 05:29 PM.
76z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #401
sdsguy

Drives: 2001 Toyota Corolla S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbodylvr View Post
How about putting it on a diet!
I would love to see a smaller, lighter car, the V8's are close to 2 tons! This thing needs to drop 5 to 600 pounds! There are sedans out there that weigh less than this thing.
Motor wise, the Z28 should be a DI twin turbo V6! 480+ HP, if Nissan can do this so can GM.
SS should be a natural aspirated DI V6 with some tweaks 320 -350 HP. Trust me a lighter better handling smaller SS will still kill any Mustang, Challenger, 370z, or STI on the street.
Then lets get creative here; how about a hybrid Camaro! That would keep this car off the Obama cut list for sure.
Finally for the first time owners, new kids and renters, take the turbo 4 banger out of the cobalt and put it in the base model Camaro!
Keep the look of the car the way it is, it look bad ass just needs to be smaller.
I am sorry to say but V8's are not the future for this car and since GM now stands for Government Motors; a V8 in a car is a sure fire way to get it cut from production.
you are obviously not an fbodylvr if you are recomending half those ideas. the fbody has, and should always be, GM's performance car for the average consumer. if you want better gas mileage, buy a prius.

yes the car should lose weight, but decreasing HP isn't going to help it "kill any mustang..." the 2011 mustang is going to have a 5L M6 with over 400HP/TQ at approximately the same weight as the current body style. the current mustangs are close in 0-60 and 1/4 because they are lighter and therefore have a similar HP:mass ratio. it'll also be getting even better gas mileage. i know motortrend is all into the whole lower displacement with boost, but that's not what the american muscle car is. and wtf is the turbo 4 banger going in a camaro. the camaro is a MUSCLE car, not a ricer. keep the turbo 4 in the cobalt to deal with the civics.
sdsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:13 PM   #402
BadSS

Drives: 08 GMC
Pushbutton start / keyless entry
Spoiler Option - I would like to see something like the high wing but not so high
Park Assist
Full length stripes - over the front facia and over the spoiler
DI V-8
Mail slot delete and offer Transformer style hood
Re-locate reverse lights - Really the only thing I "hate" about the exterior, all the rest are what I'd like to see
Embossed "Camaro" or "SS" on passenger side of dash
BadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #403
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Why why why would you do this? How could you ask us this when this car isn't even out yet?

2011 will blow my mind? So you're telling me the 2010 is outdated already? Great...

Makes me wonder if I am doing the wrong thing buying now, if I hold out for the 2011... I could keep my FJ... UGH! WEll I'll just get what I have now, then get a z28 in 2012, unless that's slated for 2011... I just hope all the cool stuff in the 2011 that's going to blow our minds can be retro fitted?
Old 08-01-2009, 03:26 PM   #404
Lakota Mech

Drives: 03 Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkVille View Post
I agree that gold color would be nice. ford offers a aztec gold on their F-150.
Lakota Mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #405
LarkVille

Drives: The Larkvillemobile
My point is if why does Ford have the swatch closest to Bumblebee's color and we don't, you know?
LarkVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #406
2010 SS
Elderly Man

Drives: Your Local Bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS View Post
Navi and a revised center dash....
+1