Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #29
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
It wasn't an accident. Accidents are unavoidable. This was absolutely avoidable had the other driver been doing their job and paying attention.

Call this what it was: a wreck or collision.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:05 AM   #30
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
My post in another thread, speaking of diminished value. I'd seek damages for it if the car is to be repaired. Sorry for you loss...

I have a buddy that got a hit to the rear in his CTS-V recently and succeeded in getting diminished value $. His dealer said that anything they buy or take on trade with a carfax reported damage incident get deducted 50% of the damage cost from the value.

Look at it this way:

You find car "A" and car "B" wherever while shopping. Car "A" has a spotless record, car "B" has had a $12k collision repaired. Which car are you going to buy, if the price is equal and all other variables are on par? The only incentive that is going to persuade you to buy car "B" is if the owner can tell you it's $5k cheaper and convince you the repair is sound. That's not even enough for some folks to buy it.

This keeps the owner from suffering that hit for an accident that was not his own fault. He was made less than whole, financially. For most of us, our car is the second largest investment we make. You have to protect that.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #31
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Glad to hear you are ok!

Make sure you get yourself checked out! Just because it doesn't hurt now, doesn't mean it won't in a few days. I'm sorry to see your 1LE like that, it's a shame

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:17 AM   #32
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Glad you are ok, and hope upi get this figured out quickly!
Old 03-21-2014, 10:45 AM   #33
Mannsiam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Ok accident was a bad word but by definition 99.9% of crashes are not accidents then. Because everything is almost avoidable. So no one here goes 1 mile over the speed limit if you hit something its not an accident you were speeding or you were following to closely or you were changing a radio station or something. I agree the OP needs to get reembursed for his car and any money already invested but to sue for mental anguish because of losing your dream car is stupid. Or suing just to sue to get money is stupid. I guess I just have integrity, if i wasnt seriously injured and they paid for everything I would be happy that it was covered and I was ok. And as for 2013 being hard to get becaue of the refresh. There are quite a few out there for sale even new 2013 that have not been sold yet.

Yeah Im a Chevy Guy. 11 Silverado, 12 Malibu, 14 Camaro 1LE
Mannsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:00 AM   #34
sdmbdad71

Drives: 2013 VR 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP
Thanks to all of you for the posts, there is some good information contained within them.

I am very pleased with the way the car handled the impact.... it proved to be very solid.

It's too early for me to know how everything will play out in regard to the car, I don't have any real information on the extent of damages. Part of me wants her fixed, but I'm also hating the idea of having a repaired track car that may not be capable of running at the track.

I'm will accept what the law allows for in my case. I'm not necessarily the litigious type and am not looking for anything outside of being made whole, if that's possible.

Really the whole situation is just unfortunate.

I will update when I have more information in regard to repair/replacement of my car. No matter what, I will be driving a Camaro when it's all said and done.
sdmbdad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:13 AM   #35
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
As long as he is made whole to pre-collision state, that is what the law and process should provide. If not, litigation is the only avenue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannsiam View Post
Ok accident was a bad word but by definition 99.9% of crashes are not accidents then. Because everything is almost avoidable. So no one here goes 1 mile over the speed limit if you hit something its not an accident you were speeding or you were following to closely or you were changing a radio station or something. I agree the OP needs to get reembursed for his car and any money already invested but to sue for mental anguish because of losing your dream car is stupid. Or suing just to sue to get money is stupid. I guess I just have integrity, if i wasnt seriously injured and they paid for everything I would be happy that it was covered and I was ok. And as for 2013 being hard to get becaue of the refresh. There are quite a few out there for sale even new 2013 that have not been sold yet.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:01 PM   #36
Mannsiam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
^^^^^^ Agreed

Yeah Im a Chevy Guy. 11 Silverado, 12 Malibu, 14 Camaro 1LE
Mannsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #37
BLK1LE

Drives: 2014 Black 1LE SS
Sorry about your car, glad your ok!!
BLK1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:37 PM   #38
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:

+1
Old 03-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #39
Dave1222

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS/RS
Diminished value is something you can fight for and win depending on where you are. I was rear ended in my of my last cars and received an additional 3k in "diminished value". IF I were you, however, I would want the car totaled.
Dave1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:04 PM   #40
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
One of my biggest fears.Too bad the IDIOT didn't die!!!! Probably sounds harsh,but im a hater,i hate stupid people.They way i figure it is,this world wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the losers and idiots of society that we had to worry about,and in my defense of being so ...to the point.I have been driving for what about 35 years and i have never hit anybody,accidents are avoidable,the idiots just need to pull their head out of their ass!
Old 03-21-2014, 03:18 PM   #41
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Well said! And for all of you on here that have never made a mistake, you are the first I have ever met. Pleased to meet you!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #42
1LE Captain

Drives: 2014 Red Rock 2SS 1LE RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
As long as he is made whole to pre-collision state, that is what the law and process should provide. If not, litigation is the only avenue.
Pre-collision state is that his car was worth X. Now that it was damaged it will reduce the value of the fully repaired car to Y.

X-Y=Z You should accept nothing less than your car repaired to original state and $Z.

You should ask local LEO's to pull the persons cell phone record to see if they were texting or talking on the phone. If they were there might be some serious charges due here.

An no I am not a Lawyer, but I am married to a damn good one.
1LE Captain is offline   Reply With Quote