Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-20-2014, 11:41 PM   #43
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Only get what you'll be happy with (within your budget). Sounds like you want a Camaro and it's within your means...
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:41 PM   #44
KTMracing09

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xp0gam3r View Post
Affordable new and used cars these days...

There, fixed it for you
+1
And IMO if you like the 5th gen camaro, get it. You won't be disappointed. My dad bought me my camaro when I was 16/ still in high school and everyone awed over it. The v6 has plenty of power for a first car. I always parked in the back of the school parking lot and it was never bothered the 2 years I drove there. As for snow, where I come from when theres is a significant amount of snow on the ground, school is closed anyway and these aren't that bad of a car to drive in snow with the right set of tires. I am now 19 and the car is still immaculate. If you treat it right, it'll do the same for you.
KTMracing09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:26 AM   #45
mynetdude

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Silver
My first car was a Ford Ranger; had it 6 months until I shredded the tranny; then my first car I got with debt was my Daewoo wagon (its a rice burner alright :P) I had that car for 4 years until it was wrecked by a non licensed non insured idiot with a baby but I got the tickets and my insurance jacked cuz of that accident so I make it a religion to avoid that particular intersection where I got hit :P

I am glad I had a pickup truck, it taught me a lot in 6 months; I had a pickup truck when I had that wreck luckily so I didn't need to buy a car right away but I eventually did and got me a Ford Explorer; then sold my pickup.

Since then I've never had any accidents and have gone through 2 other vehicles since and 2 years ago I started driving less cuz my eyesight couldn't handle the rain. Now that I am selective of when, where, what I drive I do pretty decent but I have never had the opportunity to drive when I was 16 (and in some ways I am glad I didn't), I started driving when I was 21 HOWEVER...

My brother had a 1990's Pontiac sunburn (sunfire?) he rolled his during the first rain of the season doing 70-80mph in a 55mph zone on rural road he totaled that car he barely lived through that one he made quite a mess at the accident site and spent his 18th birthday in the hospital.

My point is; don't drive something you can't handle; he now drives a 2001 Honda Civic with 4cyl that belongs to me.
mynetdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:02 AM   #46
ONE-MEAN-2SS/RS
Blackwidow

Drives: 2014 2ss rs black
if you want a Camaro get one the v6 I have 2013 1lt has 323 hp right from the factory also had a v8 a 94 formula firebird with a 1lt engine they only produced 289 hp a v6 you can mod and its. still quick people see you driving down the road their not looking to see if you have a 6 or a 8 cylinder their looking ar the fact that thiers a Camaro coming and their sweet looking going down the road.

ONE-MEAN-2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:34 PM   #47
Decepticon1069

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1 LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
So my parents made a deal with me that I could choose my first car but the max price can only be $20,000. It's apparent I'm not getting a V8 (I probably shouldn't have one at the age of 16 anyway.) So, should I go for a V6 Camaro and invest in it? (Such as appearance and performance mods.) Possibly trade it in for a V8 down the road? Or go with some modded rice burners such as a 350z, WRX, or Evo?
It'd be sic, but I wouldn't do it. Even a V^ is too much power for a 16 year old. I was 20 when I bought my 1LT V6 in 2013, and trust me, 323hp is a lot more to handle than what people say. If I had the V8, I'd probably have killed myself by now lol. Anyways, if you're hell-bent on a Camaro though, a V6 is fine. You don't even need any mods truthfully, they're amazing.
And don't buy a rice burner, they ****ing suck.
Decepticon1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #48
mynetdude

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticon1069 View Post
It'd be sic, but I wouldn't do it. Even a V^ is too much power for a 16 year old. I was 20 when I bought my 1LT V6 in 2013, and trust me, 323hp is a lot more to handle than what people say. If I had the V8, I'd probably have killed myself by now lol. Anyways, if you're hell-bent on a Camaro though, a V6 is fine. You don't even need any mods truthfully, they're amazing.
And don't buy a rice burner, they ****ing suck.
did 107 last night on a 1/2 mile stretch VS a Camaro Hennessey yep V6s are plenty!

My brother rolled his V6; so yes sometimes V6s are too much I've never had a 6cyl until I bought my first F150 (which had a straight 6) my first V8 was when I bought my first F350 PSD 7.3L Gotta love that V8 power you're gone like no tomorrow.
mynetdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:52 PM   #49
jdsblueray2013

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ssrs Blue Ray
Send a message via Yahoo to jdsblueray2013
My 2nd car when I was 16 was a 1982 Camaro Z-28, got it in Dec of 82. I went from driving red 73 buick appolo with a 350 in it, to driving the Z-28, big difference. That was quite the rush driving to school on the 1st day! Never will forget that car!
jdsblueray2013 is offline   Reply With Quote