Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-26-2014, 08:11 AM   #57
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasedgod View Post
That article was bad, but the comments below it make it look like a damn work of art.
This^ makes me wonder if people actually read the article
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:58 AM   #58
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
Many tests VS. others show that the GTR holds it ground when up against $250 000+ european sports cars and that comparing it with the Z28 is somewhat ridiculous. Firstly, it is $40 000 more than the Z28 here in canada. If you were to invest 20K more into the Z/28 I am sure it would be a faster track car. The GTR is simply a great car at being fast. I have pushed a friends GTR hard and it simply is not exhilerating or challenging to drive in any way. I also find it to be very ugly.
I dont think any car on the market for under 100 K can beat the looks of a Z28 ZL1 or C7, except for maybe M series or Jag F R series cars. Just my opinion..
Another note, try to beat a Z/28 on the track with anything from the factory under 75K. Add a camshaft and LTs to this beast and I cant imagine the track performance gains.
For those that think 75K is unreasonable, try to buy brembo ceramics, forged wheels and Trofeo R tires for under 20-25K gluck.
GM is simply making amazing top end cars.
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:07 AM   #59
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
The Z28 looks sweet! Camaro for me!
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:08 AM   #60
pgviper

Drives: 67 Pro Touring Camaro
Send a message via AIM to pgviper
I think alot of camaro guys are forgetting that this is an ls7!!!

If you haven't checked out corvetteforum or z06forum then you should because the must have mods are obviously intake/heads/LTH/cam/exhaust/tune. That combo can net you close to 550 rwhp.

550 rwhp in the z/28 would be INSANEEEEEEEEEEE and at the same time would not disrupt the weight balance at all. Now THAT would be a track monster for a grand total of $85k.

I don't think the GTR would be able to handle the z/28 at this point.

As for the review as is, what other outcome did you guys expect. THe GTR is a monster, engineering marvel. The dual clutch auto and awd alone put this car in a different class. Let alone the HP deficit that the z/28 has.
pgviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:12 AM   #61
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
uhhh go team
Old 03-26-2014, 11:24 AM   #62
Mcarltonjr

Drives: 2013 F150 STX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
I read the article and saw the video, and this is not only the only comparison where a C7 has been compared with a GT-R, it's also the only comparison I've ever seen where a car that runs 11.30s and traps 120mph in the 1/4 has a lower straight line speed then a car that runs low 12.40s and traps 113. Something was clearly wrong with that GT-R, otherwise a Z51 C7 is faster then a ZR1 and a Z07 Z06, which we all know that is not the case. Don't wanna be a Debby downer, but a C7 besting a GTR around a track or at the strip is definitely not the norm, and if anyone thinks the two cars are on an even performance metric is just fooling themselves. I do appreciate the link. Just for reference, the GT-R has run a 1:19 on that particular track configuration.
Still impressive to see a base vette have decent numbers in comparison to a super car. By no means is the vette on the same level BUT gm is still putting out cars that are starting to see track numbers in comparison or close to these super cars.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:59 AM   #63
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
pgviper has got the recipe!
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:39 PM   #64
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
Pretty sure they have both done laps at the same venue already though?
i cant really speak for anyone else...but to really compare two cars they need to be done on the same day by the same driver. otherwise a lot of factors come into play. just my .02
Old 03-26-2014, 01:16 PM   #65
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
i cant really speak for anyone else...but to really compare two cars they need to be done on the same day by the same driver. otherwise a lot of factors come into play. just my .02
Exactly this^^^^^

And it goes for all comparisons because anything other than that is just speculation.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:54 PM   #66
pgviper

Drives: 67 Pro Touring Camaro
Send a message via AIM to pgviper
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro500 View Post
pgviper has got the recipe!
pgviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:27 PM   #67
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcarltonjr View Post
Still impressive to see a base vette have decent numbers in comparison to a super car. By no means is the vette on the same level BUT gm is still putting out cars that are starting to see track numbers in comparison or close to these super cars.
Not taking anything away from the Corvette, I've always been a fan of them. I remember when the C5 Z06 came out and dusted the then king of the hill 911 Turbo in pretty much every performance metric. Corvettes have always been the performance bargain, and with the C6 Z they became super car killers. That being said, in that test, the GTR ran 5 seconds slower then what it ran before. Did the C7 beat it? Yes, in that specific test it did as there was something clearly wrong with the GTR as the testers admitted. Now when the C7 Z comes out, I think it will be game over. Especially looking at the fact that the C6 Z with the Z07 package beats the GTR, I don't think the C7 Z will have any issues with anything short of a few top end super cars. GM is doing great with the Corvette and Camaro as of late, and they are really making some world class cars. I wish Ford and Dodge would get on board and make some Corvette competitors. We'll see how the S550 Mustang turns out, but I am very underwhelmed with what I see, and it made me love my car even more.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:41 PM   #68
Mcarltonjr

Drives: 2013 F150 STX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Not taking anything away from the Corvette, I've always been a fan of them. I remember when the C5 Z06 came out and dusted the then king of the hill 911 Turbo in pretty much every performance metric. Corvettes have always been the performance bargain, and with the C6 Z they became super car killers. That being said, in that test, the GTR ran 5 seconds slower then what it ran before. Did the C7 beat it? Yes, in that specific test it did as there was something clearly wrong with the GTR as the testers admitted. Now when the C7 Z comes out, I think it will be game over. Especially looking at the fact that the C6 Z with the Z07 package beats the GTR, I don't think the C7 Z will have any issues with anything short of a few top end super cars. GM is doing great with the Corvette and Camaro as of late, and they are really making some world class cars. I wish Ford and Dodge would get on board and make some Corvette competitors. We'll see how the S550 Mustang turns out, but I am very underwhelmed with what I see, and it made me love my car even more.
I knew you werent taking anything away from the vette. I just think its impressive. Every gtr fanboy is stating compare it to the cars of the same price value. I didnt know price determines what a car can compete against. lol