Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-03-2009, 10:03 AM   #15
SicSix6
The Demon Photographer

Drives: 2010 1SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbrankxx View Post
I was watching a YouTube video of Seaside Heights, NJ and on their boardwalk they have a 2010 Camaro SS but as you can see from this screenshot I took its got a white SS logo in the *MIDDLE* of the grill and it has the halo headlights that you would get with the RS package (so it should be *RED*). This is truly weird....

Here's a pic:

And here's the video in case you're interested. It's very briefly shown keep in mind at the 5:51 mark:
So what is the confusion??? How many other SS's from the factory do you see with the SS logo where the bowtie is supposed to be? SO with that said the SS on the grill is not a factory option , rather something added by SLP for this car. Hopefully SLP will market that SS emblem for the public.. I have to ask what in the hell brought you to watch that video...... 2 seconds into it I was like

1SS IOM LS3, GM 4-pack guages, SLP SS Front Emblem, Roto-Fab CAI, Solo Performance Mach X Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Throw Shifter
SicSix6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #16
surfaholic

Drives: 1989 jeep wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltespd View Post
I love this grille. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
hey ltespd

where did you find this picture i like the headlights can you post the link please???

or the company that does them

thanks

surfaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:45 PM   #17
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
to be honest, I like the bowtie better than the SS sign.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #18
Ltespd

Drives: 2010 SS, 2006 SC Saleen
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfaholic View Post
hey ltespd

where did you find this picture i like the headlights can you post the link please???

or the company that does them

thanks
This is where I got it. I don't think they're produced yet.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16922
Old 08-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #19
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicSix6 View Post
So what is the confusion??? How many other SS's from the factory do you see with the SS logo where the bowtie is supposed to be? SO with that said the SS on the grill is not a factory option , rather something added by SLP for this car. Hopefully SLP will market that SS emblem for the public.. I have to ask what in the hell brought you to watch that video...... 2 seconds into it I was like
wtf the chick is hot though
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #20
Grimmjow
6th Espada

Drives: 05 Mustang (Screaming Yellow)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomjohn View Post
Do you have to be there in person to win?
According to the website. No you don't have to be. Which is good because I just got back from Jersey 2 weeks ago.. I'd go back for the car in October tho.

The interesting thing tho is THAT picture in our topic is totally different than the one from the http://www.slponline.com/win_2010_camaro.asp website. Different stripes and what not. Who knows which one you would actually win, but either way.. free (but according to Dane Cook not ABSOLUTELY free) is still fine.
Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #21
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Everyone has their own opinions which makes us be able to have our unique Camaros. I personally love the SS in the grill. I'll definately be doing something like this. However, I've been a First Gen SS owner for almost 25 yrs now and I like the fact that the new Camaros resemble the '69.

I hope someone comes out with a complete SS badging kit that will replace the front and rear bowties with and SS badge as well as have an SS badge to go under the Camaro on the fenders (just like the '69).
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote