Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-01-2014, 04:13 PM   #1
MadOven

Drives: 2013 Rally Yellow SS/RS
Hellion TT system

Finally looking to bite the bullet on a FI system for my car. I narrowed it down to a twin turbo. I've seen everyone sing about the wonders of the AGP kit, but the speed shop closest to me says they've never touched one. They've only done kits by Hellion. I do like the AGP kit, but I dont know if I want to be the test gerbill for a kit they've never installed. Is the Hellion Kit worth getting? or should I stick with AGP?
Old 04-01-2014, 04:20 PM   #2
Levischilz

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
If they can install the hellion they can install the agp. Lots of us doing the install ourselves. Srsly its not a shop worth taking your car to if they are concerned about not being able to install it. Its a bolt on install lol
Levischilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #3
MadOven

Drives: 2013 Rally Yellow SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levischilz View Post
If they can install the hellion they can install the agp. Lots of us doing the install ourselves. Srsly its not a shop worth taking your car to if they are concerned about not being able to install it. Its a bolt on install lol
It wasnt them who was concerned, just me. I would do it myself but I dont have enough faith in myself, and with being gone to work for a week at a time I'd rather let some one bolt it up and tune it while I am unable to use it anyways.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:31 PM   #4
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
They should try out the AGP TT kit. I guarantee they will like it.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:33 PM   #5
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadOven View Post
It wasnt them who was concerned, just me. I would do it myself but I dont have enough faith in myself, and with being gone to work for a week at a time I'd rather let some one bolt it up and tune it while I am unable to use it anyways.
Hellion builds a great kit and they won't disappear after the sale. They stand behind the product. I wish I had gone with them with my first kit. I also with my kit have the air filters down low and never had an issue. I just do t drive through standing water. Hellion has been around a long time.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:55 PM   #6
camarostar2010

Drives: 2011 SS
I have an ips twin turbo..excellent. love it...but I hydrolocked 1 motor, and almost a second. 2 inches of standing water or more = possible issues. Especially if you car is lowered. Be warned stay away from heavy rain and big puddles.
camarostar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:36 PM   #7
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Have them call AGP. The install is as easy or easier and they may like some of the features more.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:38 PM   #8
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Hellion for the price/power can't beat that!
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #9
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
I completely disagree. Compare what both kits come with. AGP comes with a lot more parts, bigger/better injectors, catchcan, ceramic coating, oil pump timer/filter, etc etc for less money.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:12 PM   #10
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
AGP kit's are extremely easy to install.
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:53 PM   #11
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
I completely disagree. Compare what both kits come with. AGP comes with a lot more parts, bigger/better injectors, catchcan, ceramic coating, oil pump timer/filter, etc etc for less money.
Hellion is $7,500 with ID1000s (less parts is sometimes better) is what I was qouted
AGP wants $12K for a heavier kit??? how is it less money?

I am not trying to argue either just saying what I was qouted when I called both, Hellion has been out for years and I heard about AGP a year ago. ADM trust AGP then it means they are top notch but a lil high for what I'm aiming for.
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #12
digdeep0169

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary
I live in the 505 where John Urist and others Fab the Hellion Kits. Huge in the Mustang community. the product is fantastic!

~ 2012 SS ~
digdeep0169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:28 PM   #13
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
The AGP TT kit is so easy to install...even a caveman can do it. You have a very large support network here and plenty of help if you/they need any assistance.

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:59 PM   #14
crl214

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadOven View Post
Finally looking to bite the bullet on a FI system for my car. I narrowed it down to a twin turbo. I've seen everyone sing about the wonders of the AGP kit, but the speed shop closest to me says they've never touched one. They've only done kits by Hellion. I do like the AGP kit, but I dont know if I want to be the test gerbill for a kit they've never installed. Is the Hellion Kit worth getting? or should I stick with AGP?
I'll let you know in a few weeks when my Hellion kit goes in

I will tell you that their service is awesome. I bought my kit from a forum member, so I was naturally missing a couple small pieces. Jeff at Hellion was very responsive and helpful. He sent me all of the parts lists, instructions, etc... even sold me the missing pieces at an extremely good price (could have tried to gouge me since I had to get them from him...and didn't buy the kit from him).
crl214 is offline   Reply With Quote