Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-10-2014, 11:12 PM   #1
AZ5G
AZ5G

Drives: 2010 Transformer Ed. 1SS M6
You Make The Call

After 7 deployments, 3 as a Marine, and damn proud, 4 as a private contractor, not so much, 3 ex wives, 6 wounds, two stars, one silver, Lots of BRAIN DAMAGE, LOL, Since I'm never going back, The
Bee needs some motor....Would you guys go with a TSP, or equivalent, long block stroker, 416/429, or would you add the components to your, in my case, bitchin', stock block.....I seem to have this, albeit, temporary, large lump of cash and, GOD DAMN, I've missed my car....My ultimate goal is to have a 200 mph door slammer....It's going on the lift this weekend for the suspension, carrier, trans upgrades and I'd sure appreciate any motor input y'all might have. I apologize for the ramblin', but it sure is good to be home......Semper Fidelis....AZ5G
AZ5G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:21 AM   #2
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
If I had a garage and tools, I'd build a boost friendly stroker with a forged bottom end, aftermarket heads, and a custom cam myself. I'd top it off with a FAST intake manifold.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:29 AM   #3
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ5G View Post
After 7 deployments, 3 as a Marine, and damn proud, 4 as a private contractor, not so much, 3 ex wives, 6 wounds, two stars, one silver, Lots of BRAIN DAMAGE, LOL, Since I'm never going back, The
Bee needs some motor....Would you guys go with a TSP, or equivalent, long block stroker, 416/429, or would you add the components to your, in my case, bitchin', stock block.....I seem to have this, albeit, temporary, large lump of cash and, GOD DAMN, I've missed my car....My ultimate goal is to have a 200 mph door slammer....It's going on the lift this weekend for the suspension, carrier, trans upgrades and I'd sure appreciate any motor input y'all might have. I apologize for the ramblin', but it sure is good to be home......Semper Fidelis....AZ5G

Thank you for your service...
Wow, 3 ex wives? That IS a lot of brain damge
I got married once and it damn near killed me.

If I had a choice, and money was not a factor, I would have a built 416/427, all forged internals built and balanced/blueprinted for a SC.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:30 AM   #4
Late Model Racecraft

Drives: 98 Camaro Race Car 3.96 @ 202 MPH
I stumbled upon this thread. If you ever need help with your build I could get a excellent setup for you together and charge you cost to do it to help you out. Let me know if there is anything that Late Model Racecraft can do for you
Late Model Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:07 AM   #5
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
It all comes down to how often you want to go 200mph. Are you just wanting to say you have a car capable of going high speeds or are you actually going to do it A LOT. We have SEVERAL members making more than enough HP to go that fast on the stock block. Is this going to be something you're going to want to drive everyday? A twin turbo setup will make as much HP as you want to make. If you want more, just up the boost. If you blow the stock motor, build another, swap the turbo system over and go at it again.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:44 PM   #6
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Throw a set of twins on it, make 600-700rwhp and be happy.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #7
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
Please no flames . If you want a 200 mph door slammer ,and you have a large chunk of cash . Your best bet is a C7 ,a Camaro can make the power but it will not be stable at 200mph,if it could even do it . It sounds like you have gone trough a lot of crazy shit in your life and deserve what ever you want/can afford . Sell the Camaro and buy a C7 and enjoy . And thank you for your service to our great nation.
Imagine yourself in a C7 or C7/ZO6 going down the road at 200mph with the limiter off grinning from ear to ear . If anyone deserves it , it would be you . Life is short go and enjoy what is left.

Last edited by GONIF; 04-11-2014 at 04:25 PM.
GONIF is offline   Reply With Quote