Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 04-21-2014, 10:08 AM   #1
Camaro the Hun
Shake N Bake, Baby!

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
2014 2SS Camaro - Gas Cap, Kickplates, Locking Lugs?

Hopefully I've posted in the appropriate space on here. First time ever on a forum.

Anyway, was hoping somebody could assist. I was looking for a locking gas cap but am having difficulty locating one. Thus far I have only found one a Napa that is rather generic and I was hoping for chrome or something similar. When I visited the Camaro mall there was a locking fuel cap door but it looked like a major pain in the ass to install. Any thoughts? Has anybody tried to install the locking fuel door? Any leads on a locking cap?

Second, I received a gift of kick plates but they are not the self adhesive ones. Since the thought of throwing epoxy on my vehicle freaks me out...anybody have any like these or advice on application?

Finally, I did get the locking lugs for my vehicle. Is this something I can just put on myself with a lug wrench or should I utilize a power lug "wrench"?

My vehicle is a 2014 2SS Camaro.

Appreciate any assistance you might be able to provide.

“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
"May God have mercy on my enemies because I won't." General Patton
Camaro the Hun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #2
jglew82

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS LS3
Check out this thread regarding the gas cap: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194569

As far as the kick plates, I'm surprised they didn't come with adhesive backing! Personally, I would use some good 2-sided tape that is thin enough for the doors to close so you don't have to physically "glue" them down.

You should be able to install and remove the locking lugs with a lug wrench, depending on how tight they are installed and how strong you are
jglew82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:19 PM   #3
Camaro the Hun
Shake N Bake, Baby!

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
AWESOME! Texas to the rescue again! Now I'll just have to figure out that tumbler on the cap that other person posted. Appreciate the reference link.

Reference the kick plates, I might just buy some with the adhesive on them and put these on Ebay. LOL! I'm too scared to mess up my little Hun. Thanks again for your advice!

“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
"May God have mercy on my enemies because I won't." General Patton
Camaro the Hun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:18 PM   #4
jglew82

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro the Hun View Post
AWESOME! Texas to the rescue again! Now I'll just have to figure out that tumbler on the cap that other person posted. Appreciate the reference link.

Reference the kick plates, I might just buy some with the adhesive on them and put these on Ebay. LOL! I'm too scared to mess up my little Hun. Thanks again for your advice!

Good luck!! Those tumblers aren't too terrible. Just takes some patience and close attention to the instructions. I used to do those on Fords all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jglew82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel door, gas cap, kick plates, lug nuts