Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-28-2014, 06:57 AM   #43
John Deere Boy
I bleed green

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3
These responses are sad. I asked the same question a few years ago and got about the same response. Why is everyone a safety officer on the internet? I disabled the key-door chime on my silverado and it's one of the best mods i've done to it. The chime still works if the door is open while in gear, but not then the engine is off and key in the ignition. All i had to do is cut a wire going to the ignition tumbler.

2011 2SS/RS LS3. Delivered 4/18/11. Solo Axle-back with J-pipes and quads, 35% tint, Yellow trim kit, Showstopper sidemarkers, babied garage queen.
2006 Silverado 3500 6.0, 1993 Pontiac Bonneville SSE
John Deere Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:37 AM   #44
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Deere Boy View Post
These responses are sad. I asked the same question a few years ago and got about the same response. Why is everyone a safety officer on the internet?
I guess lots of people nowadays see being against anything with even a minimal safety aspect the same as being "politically incorrect". Can't be showing a rebellious nature either, y'know . . . everything sanitized for everybody's protection.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:21 AM   #45
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Quote:
These responses are sad. I asked the same question a few years ago and got about the same response. Why is everyone a safety officer on the internet? I disabled the key-door chime on my silverado and it's one of the best mods i've done to it. The chime still works if the door is open while in gear, but not then the engine is off and key in the ignition. All i had to do is cut a wire going to the ignition tumbler.
It was really just the one person. I understand the safety/morality crusader bit when people start threads to vent about how a cop was an ass to them for pulling them over for speeding, revving, screeching, tinting, sub-thumping, and not front-license plating. 9/10 the OP was in the wrong. But on threads like this it just gets to be a bit much.

Last edited by 6bangerBOOM; 04-28-2014 at 08:40 AM.
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:24 AM   #46
SemperGumby
I'll probably offend you

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6
The bongs these cars make is the most annoying part of it. I'd gladly never ever say another thing bad against Hill Start Assist, 1-4 skip-shift, or having to actually hold down the tc button for 7 seconds to fully disable it if only we could not have these idiotic bongs every time you do something in the car.

Each and every single bong is based on something you had to initially do, and then it reminds you that you did it. Did you put the key in the ignition? Well if you open the door with it in there you're going to be reminded that you did that. Turn the lights on to something other than auto? Well hey, you probably won't remember that you turned that dial so let's bong for that.

And just remember that the Z/28 could be that 0.0001" faster if only the nannies didn't require GM to put the single speaker in so that your track-day car could remind you that you put the key in.
SemperGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:30 AM   #47
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
I agree, but if you post technical questions in the general discussion forum expect to get a lot of commentary, unrelated stories, and unsolicited advice. If you ask questions like this in the appropriate technical forum you get a lot better results. The technical forums are there for a reason...
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:41 PM   #48
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
Quote:
Guns kill people... not the person holding the damn thing.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:47 PM   #49
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post
I agree, but if you post technical questions in the general discussion forum expect to get a lot of commentary, unrelated stories, and unsolicited advice. If you ask questions like this in the appropriate technical forum you get a lot better results. The technical forums are there for a reason...
From what I've seen elsewhere, off-topic comments alleging a safety concern are still going to pop up in the technical sections. Well-intended . . . well, maybe in some cases they are, but the "safety uber alles" attitude is so pervasive these days that it's getting hard to have a discussion without it creeping in somehow.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:10 PM   #50
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBreezie View Post
True. Well personally could not tell you or the OP how. It seems like it would be complicated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrcr3 View Post

If you push the tab inside this slot towards the outside of the door, left in the picture, it will stop the chime while your door is open. As was posted earlier, you need to remember and pull on the door handle before you close the door to reset the latch to the open position.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
Winner winner chicken dinner! Thanks for actually answering the OP's question!!!!
Old 04-28-2014, 07:42 PM   #51
John Deere Boy
I bleed green

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3
I'm tempted to try cutting the pink wire going to pin 15 of the green BCM connector.

2011 2SS/RS LS3. Delivered 4/18/11. Solo Axle-back with J-pipes and quads, 35% tint, Yellow trim kit, Showstopper sidemarkers, babied garage queen.
2006 Silverado 3500 6.0, 1993 Pontiac Bonneville SSE
John Deere Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #52
KFH
1SS Victory Red Manual

Drives: 2010 1SS 6 Speed Manual
My 2010 has two Chime volume settings in the configure menu on the radio. I have mine set at the lower setting and I can hardly hear it.

1st Camaro - 77 Type LT Rally Sport, 3 Speed Manual, Inline 6 2nd - 94 Z28, 6 Speed Manual LT1 V8
3rd - 2010 1LT, 6 Speed Manual LLT V6 4th - 2010 1SS, 6 Speed Manual LS3 V8, RX Catch Can, Holley iNTECH CAI, Flowmaster Force II Exhaust
KFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:03 PM   #53
SemperGumby
I'll probably offend you

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFH View Post
My 2010 has two Chime volume settings in the configure menu on the radio. I have mine set at the lower setting and I can hardly hear it.
I've set mine to the lowest setting in my 13 and it's still very loud.
SemperGumby is offline   Reply With Quote