Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #15
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by acatlover13 View Post
This is what we came out to find after our dinner at a local Mexican restaurant. This Infiniti G37 is my daily driver and we were not in the Camaro, or I might have gone wicked crazy on this guy. Thankfully we were able to find one of those dream extra wide spots and hug the right side as no one "should" park to our right. This guy decided he needed both spots, and couldn't believe that we were upset!!!! (He was still close to his truck when we discovered his intrusion and commented on his stupidity)
This pic is just absolutely mind boggling. My GOD what is wrong with people!!!
Old 05-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #16
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Heck......I parked carefully next to a new mustang today, respected his space and he respected mine, but sometime while I was inside the store, the Mustang took off and someone else parked in his spot, and it was sitting on the line and about a foot from my car in a mini van, I looked for door dings but found none because I couldnt figure out how they got out of their van without dinging my car, didnt find no ding, however later in the day I parked somewhere else and got a door ding on the same door......I was so pissed, now I got two dings on the same door!, now I gotta find a good PDR guy locally.....
Old 05-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #17
CCS71
LFX to LT1

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty 2SS M6
He/she was probably one of those kids who could never color inside the lines.

Interestingly enough, I can identify with the OP because I have a rather obese coworker who doesn't maneuver well when placed in small spaces (read: she has to swing her car door WIDE OPEN, with reckless abandon). I make sure I never park next to her for that reason.
CCS71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:53 PM   #18
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
If you are one of those people who take pride in your vehicles its a real pain in the ass from all the land mines out there to damage your vehicle. The all about me society and screw everyone else really does suck at times.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:57 PM   #19
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
You guys will love this
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRP30mhqmnQ
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #20
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Cant win , There is always some jackass . Look at that scratched up piece of crap , They don't care and some do it on purpose . The worst is when you have a huge parking lot and park the farthest away as possible and some guy parks right next to you just to get a rise .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:04 PM   #21
bowtie67
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Regina look at the plate on the front of his truck. Do I need to say more!
2002 Camaro 35th Anniv. Conv.
1991 Camaro Z28 350 Auto
1967 Camaro SS396, M4 Conv. Highly Modified
1967 Camaro SS396, M4 Coupe
2008 Buell 1125R
bowtie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:14 PM   #22
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie67 View Post
Regina look at the plate on the front of his truck. Do I need to say more!
Oh yea....we saw that. It 'splained a lot....LOL!!
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:14 PM   #23
BlueStreakHouTX

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMY1LE View Post
How many times do you come out to something like this ? I park in the last spot right against the curb to allow room on the passenger side for those flying doors that most people don't seem to care about and this idiot has to pull in right beside me. Tires on the line !! and check out the damage to the side of their car !! Looks like they normally park by feel, this never ceases to amaze me
This is inevitable!!! You have a mint car that you take extreme measures to protect from sociopaths that drive beaters and they act like it gives them license to park over the line and beat the daylights out of your car like it is theirs...
BlueStreakHouTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:41 PM   #24
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
7th day of ownership with my 1LE. I'm on a road trip with the family and my brother-in-law's family to Boston. BIL meets up with a friend of his and goes out drinking. His wife asks me to go pick him up at the bar and bring him home safe (she really just wants me to make sure he keeps his Driver Information Center out of other females).

I agree to give his friend a ride to the train station since it was 20-something degrees out. When I get out to my car, there is another vehicle parked next to me on the passenger side, but an empty space on the driver's side. I open the driver's door all the way and tell the friend to climb in and go sit behind the passenger seat (I have long legs so there is very little room behind my seat). He mis-reads what I'm telling him to do, and he walks around the car to go climb in the passenger side. I say, "No dude, come around this side." but he doesn't hear me. As he starts to climb into the back from the passenger side, he thrusts the passenger side door open right into the car next to me. The thud was deafening and he didn't even blink an eye, just kept trying to climb into the back. Thankfully that car was already beat to hell, and he didn't do much in the way of visible damage to my car.

I flipped out and yelled, "Phil, what the fack?" and that got his attention finally. Was truly clueless as to what the problem was. As I inspected the door, he was asking my BIL what I was doing looking at the door. My BIL knew I was not to be toiled with at this point in time and didn't respond.

Yesterday, I'm seeing some family friends related to my BIL and SIL and although they hadn't seen the car since I got it in April, they'd heard the Phil story from my BIL who found it funny. So I said, "Yeah, I'm still pissed about that." and my sister in law all of a sudden remembers that two days ago in Brooklyn, she had backed into someone while parking and the guy happened to be in the car. This was the conversation she had with us as she's telling us the story:

SIL: Yeah, I lightly bumped this guy, you know, while parking. And he got all mad and was yelling at me (she giggles a little while saying this).

Me: That's funny? You damaged the guy's car. You can't do that. Whether he has to pay to fix it himself, or simply accept the additional loss of value when he sells the car - either way, you've cost him a considerable sum of money.

SIL: Really!?

Me: Yeah, when we had to have our Subaru bumper replaced because of cracks and scratches from parking in NYC - it cost us $700. The difference in private-sale value between a typical $15K to $20K used car in excellent condition and one in fair condition, which simply means that it's seen better days cosmetically - is often around two THOUSAND dollars.

SIL: Oh. I didn't know. But then how do you guys park?

Me: What do you mean?

SIL: How do you know how close you are to the person behind you if you don't hit them?

Me: I know how big my car is. If there's any chance at all that I don't have enough space, I move on and wait for a bigger spot.

SIL: Oh. (you can see the wheels turning in her head and the confusion as to how she's going to accomplish this)

I changed the conversation at this point because I was furious.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:44 PM   #25
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I think you could have parked a little closer to the curb.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #26
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
I am at a loss for what I see and hear.

Here is just a few. I parked my wifes 2013 VW Turbo, cute little car. I parked it in a corner spot. No other cars in that corner of the lot.

I come out to find a woman that was partially handicapped who could have parked one spot over and been able to get out of her car easily. Nope, she has to park next to my wifes car so she had to try and squeeze out with her disabilities. Nope it wasn't a handicapped spot and nope it did not put her one foot closer to the store. Mirror ding. I saw her do it.

What am I supposed to say to an older woman that is partially handicapped.

Next: parked my Camaro and my son parked way out in the lot, next to each other. We have a deal, we trade outside spots so aleast one of us is protected completely half the time an one of us half protected half the time.

Kids come by with those damn skate boards that 'kick out constantly. This is a huge lot, they could have done their tricks safely away from the car, but nope they had to do it right next to our cars.

Asked them nicely to move away a bit, but nope, "its a free country, you don't own the lot, we have a right to be here." Had to move, I wanted to break their f inn boards but I retrained myself.

Next: Parked again next to my son's C7 Z51 vette. As we are sitting there having coffee some punk walks by and out loud says to his girl friend. "Look at that guy spending so much money for that car when he could be helping other people."

I fear for where this country is headed.

Jim
Old 05-19-2014, 09:07 PM   #27
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Wth. It looks like your curbed your rims...
Old 05-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #28
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubscamaro View Post
Wth. It looks like your curbed your rims...
I appreciate your concern for my rims but I can assure you I didn't hit the curb, yes very close but that is the point of this post. I took the necessary precaution of parking all the way to one side. Rims are perfect !!!