Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-03-2014, 03:37 PM   #15
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGreen View Post
Not one person so much as stopped to acknowledge the issue. Simply drove around on either side.
Yeah... that's a sad indictment on our current society. Most all of us with a few years behind us, have been in a helpless situation like that - if only we would remember how bad it felt, as we drive past someone in the same situation.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:54 PM   #16
EmeryZ28

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
same thing happened to me. I was in my 93 GMC Sierra beater and it just died in the middle of an intersection. People were yelling and honking and being downright rude. Finally some guy somes racing up in an lifted F150 with a confederate flag waving and pulls sideways across the lanes. Gets out, yells outloud, "don't worry everybody I got this!" and then yells at me to get in the "danggum" truck and he proceeds to push me into a parking lot screaming the whole time" don't worry a**holes! just sit there and watch, we dont need any help" obviously in a very sarcastic voice. This guy was easily 65+. He then goes to move his truck, while I look under the hood and see an issue with the battery ground wire. I had a 10 spot on me and tried to offer it to him for his kidness and he said knowing he did the right thing was payment enough and he sped off! It was quite the experience lol

Best part of it, was two days later the morning of Thanksgiving I take the Camaro down the road to grab some last minute stuff from 7-11. As I walk in I notice a kid at the far entrance standing next to his car and on the phone. After waiting in the busy holiday line, I come out and see an older women trying to steer the car, while the kid is trying to push it up the incline into 7-11 while people drive around him and honk. So I ran over and helped him push it into a spot, while others just looked on like idiots. I immediatly had my chance to pay it forward and it was nice. Society has become pretty sad these days!
Old 06-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #17
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Great Job! To all of us that have been there, I know your help was greatly appreciated, and to all of us that have been able to help, it is the right thing to do!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:26 PM   #18
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeryZ28 View Post
same thing happened to me. I was in my 93 GMC Sierra beater and it just died in the middle of an intersection. People were yelling and honking and being downright rude. Finally some guy somes racing up in an lifted F150 with a confederate flag waving and pulls sideways across the lanes. Gets out, yells outloud, "don't worry everybody I got this!" and then yells at me to get in the "danggum" truck and he proceeds to push me into a parking lot screaming the whole time" don't worry a**holes! just sit there and watch, we dont need any help" obviously in a very sarcastic voice. This guy was easily 65+. He then goes to move his truck, while I look under the hood and see an issue with the battery ground wire. I had a 10 spot on me and tried to offer it to him for his kidness and he said knowing he did the right thing was payment enough and he sped off! It was quite the experience lol

Best part of it, was two days later the morning of Thanksgiving I take the Camaro down the road to grab some last minute stuff from 7-11. As I walk in I notice a kid at the far entrance standing next to his car and on the phone. After waiting in the busy holiday line, I come out and see an older women trying to steer the car, while the kid is trying to push it up the incline into 7-11 while people drive around him and honk. So I ran over and helped him push it into a spot, while others just looked on like idiots. I immediatly had my chance to pay it forward and it was nice. Society has become pretty sad these days!
Nice. People just need help sometimes... ALL people. Just do it - lend a hand. Pay it forward!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:44 PM   #19
dirtrd

Drives: '13 SS/RS - 1LE RCT
And reading this story made my day, so a lot of days being made by one mans unfortunate incident and the two people that helped out. Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:16 AM   #20
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
reminds me of a story i heard back in the day. man has a flat tire on the side of a pretty quite road. passer-by stops to help little did they know they were helping a millionaire. a few weeks pass and the passer-bys house was paid off from the simple thing he did.
baum is offline   Reply With Quote