Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-01-2014, 10:32 AM   #43
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver85IrocZ View Post
Nice wheels OP !
Thanks! I'll have them on soon hopefully, just a busy few weeks. 4th, my birthday, Cheyenne frontier days, New Belgium tour, I'm all over here soon.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:34 AM   #44
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Time View Post
Glad your trip to the “A Holes Who Drive in the Left Lane State” was a success.
I’m a habitual left lane driver, but if someone comes up behind me, I move over. Enjoy the wheels!
Definite success! Yeah I definitely noticed, my girl was getting annoyed at me for yelling at them continually lol. I do the left lane too, I drive speed limit + 5 or flow of traffic. If someone comes up going fast I move out of the way. Common courtesy, you don't know why they're in a hurry.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:14 AM   #45
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Lots of idiots here who drive in the left lane. Some will sit on the on ramp until they can go straight to the left, and then go 10 under. People won't pull out into the open right lane if someone is driving in the left. I try to stay out of the left except when I want to pass because the cars in the left get swept by the radar first. Cop will assume the one in the left is going faster even if he isn't.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:30 PM   #46
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteele View Post
My girlfriend got a ticket for being in the left lane while not passing anyone. I could understand if someone was holding up traffic being in the left lane, but if there are more deer than cars on the road, I don't know why this "law" needs to be enforced. Glad to hear you had a good trip though.
It's people like you that make others think it's ok. IT'S NEVER OK TO TRAVER THE LEFT LANE!

I'll be the biggest pick to those that do and I'm not ashamed of it. I'll fly by you in the right lame and then slow down so slow you have to get over to the right lane, and then I go back to going 4 over the limit.

It's never ok to ride the left lane except to pass, GAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! >: (
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #47
notmidlife

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
It's people like you that make others think it's ok. IT'S NEVER OK TO TRAVER THE LEFT LANE!

I'll be the biggest pick to those that do and I'm not ashamed of it. I'll fly by you in the right lame and then slow down so slow you have to get over to the right lane, and then I go back to going 4 over the limit.

You seem very proud of yourself and I guess you should be. Sooner or later your will find an even bigger "pick" that will give you a tap on the rear bumper to thank you for the learnings. Maybe cool it on the "Mad Max" movies for a while, what you are doing is a worse offence ( and more dangerous) than someone hanging in the left lane too long. OP glad your trip went well.
notmidlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:57 PM   #48
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmidlife View Post
You seem very proud of yourself and I guess you should be. Sooner or later your will find an even bigger "pick" that will give you a tap on the rear bumper to thank you for the learnings. Maybe cool it on the "Mad Max" movies for a while, what you are doing is a worse offence ( and more dangerous) than someone hanging in the left lane too long. OP glad your trip went well.
Thanks! Definite success
Old 07-01-2014, 08:55 PM   #49
bdsdnfam
NoJoken

Drives: Synergy Green SS
Quote:

It's people like you who pull in front of others and then slow down that are the reasons we have road rage laws. Driving like that proves nothing and it puts others lives at risk.
bdsdnfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #50
bdsdnfam
NoJoken

Drives: Synergy Green SS
Don't get me wrong, I am a strong believer about getting out of the passing lane once you've passed! But to play chicken and risk the lives of others to prove your point is just plane stupid.
bdsdnfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:10 PM   #51
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsdnfam View Post
It's people like you who pull in front of others and then slow down that are the reasons we have road rage laws. Driving like that proves nothing and it puts others lives at risk.
Amen. I'm not innocent of stupid road play though either. On my way to Texas I had a Comcast van in Colorado tailgating the hell out of me. Mind you in Colorado we don't have the "left lane is for passing" we all just call it the "fast lane." I was driving in traffic and just going with the flow of traffic, there was no openings, it was 530 in the evening. The guy sped up and tried going around me until he realized it wasn't me, it's traffic. So he cuts me off with a few feet to spare like a real A-hole, I had to brake not to hit him. So I sped up, switched to the far right lane, got back over and cut him off myself. I didn't do it like he did, but I did it just to piss him off. In hindsight that was a stupid childish thing, but at the time it felt good. Its okay though, right after that he sped off like an idiot and was pulled over immediately. So I laughed about that for awhile.

I agree with you though and I try my best to not do stupid, road rage things. But, I can't help but get annoyed and mess with people. I hate when people tailgate me and I'll deliberately speed up once they get over to lock them in the slower lanes. If I can get over and get out of your way, I will. But if it's busy and you're just an impatient jerk, deal with it.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:20 PM   #52
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
Quote:

Its not your job to control traffic, all that does is cause road rage and could end up getting someone hurt. You are probably one of the dumbasses that cut off a truck and hit your brakes because the truck pissed you off. Let me just say trucks don't stop on a dime and if you like your living it would be a smart thing to just keep driving and forget about what you left behind you.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:18 PM   #53
ErichSS

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanCamaro View Post
Galveston and Port a. It's horrible.

I was recently in Port A and i think they are using the seaweed to rebuild the sand dunes. Just speculation though
Galveston is also going to use that smelly seaweed and rebuild sand dunes as well.. at least it's good for something i guess!
ErichSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:22 PM   #54
ErichSS

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
Yeah it was horrible lol! But I just went put pretty far and it was fairly non existent there so I enjoyed it than. Sugar land was very nice though. Your highways are idiotic though, especially for out of towners. On the highway, frontage road, highway, frontage road. I guess you either pay for the toll pass or be annoyed. It was silly
haha, there are basically frontage roads for our entire freeway system and for most of our tollway system in Houston. In theory it's probably possible to get almost anywhere in town without touching a freeway, but obviously it would take forever. Thanks to our completely flat terrain, we're able to have these frontage roads everywhere!
ErichSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #55
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichSS View Post
haha, there are basically frontage roads for our entire freeway system and for most of our tollway system in Houston. In theory it's probably possible to get almost anywhere in town without touching a freeway, but obviously it would take forever. Thanks to our completely flat terrain, we're able to have these frontage roads everywhere!
Ha, out of towners! Sometimes those frontage roads help you avoid traffic back ups big time.
CruisingSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:42 PM   #56
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
Don't challenge the left lane drivers in TX..... might engage stand your ground low.

Heck everyone has a gun in the window of the pickup...
TOTAL misconception, that's Louisiana your thinking of! Haha

Don't mess with Texas! It's the "low"!

-Oh, and we can spell too!
CruisingSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote