Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-10-2014, 06:46 AM   #1
jgray1978

Drives: '12 2SS/RS 45th vert, '14 2SS/RS
Rear Defroster Issues

I posted this in the convertible section with no response. I'm hoping that someone in here can assist.

I've got three wires across my rear window that do not heat up. The car is under the B2B warranty until September. I've talked to the dealership about it and they blew me off telling me that they'd need to peel the tint to trouble shoot it. Is there any repair for this or does the glass need to be replaced?

If the glass needs to be replaced, can they do so without replacing the entire top or does the whole thing need replacement.
jgray1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:38 AM   #2
serows1

Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
It sounds like the grid lines may have gotten scratched which is causing what your describing. The tint will have to be removed it test and inspect and it may have been damaged when the tint was installed and that will not be under warranty so be ready for that. I'm not sure if the whole top has to be replaced or not, I'd call a glass company to see.

Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote