Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
emason5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
HELP! A/C Issues!

I have a 2010 2LT RS package Camaro. I am having AC issues with it however.

About two weeks ago I noticed that the A/C was blowing a little bit of water out of the center vents. Nothing too horrible, just a couple of drop.

I immediately started thinking that this may be a Cabin Air filter that wasnt allowing enough air flow and causing the system to lose air flow(which is was randomly) and letting the system freeze up or in a way "clog".

I changed the filter and i thought it somewhat fixed it, (i didnt see water since then)

A few days ago I got into my car and the AC would not get cold whatsoever. Come to find out the compressor was not engaging at all. I get my car back home from work and my father and I worked on it. We checked the Frion and recharged the whole system... still nothign. we then continued to check the refrigerant pressure sensor. we thought there may be a bad connection. we then pulled the correlating relay and switched it with another relay. the compressor still did not engage. We then used a wire and jumped the relay to engage the compressor. Once the compressor was engage and running the ac was blowing cold. we let it run for awhile to let the recently recharged system settle. shut off the car. put the relay back in and restarted the car. the compressor engage and the system worked just fine.... for a day and a half maybe two. once the system started messing up agaain we thought that it may have been that pressure sensor. We replaced the sensor and started the car up and the compressor and it engage just fine! we thought well that was the issues. now here probably about a day and half maybe two days and its isnt working again.

Ive read some places on this forum about it possible be a dirty fuse/ electrical issues, and ive read stuff about the ac not draining properly etc tc.

Can ANYONE PLEASE PLEASE diagnose this or propose a fix?

Obviously the car is out of the three year warranty and I just broke the 50k mile marker so it over the mile warranty as well.
emason5 is offline   Reply With Quote