Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-16-2014, 02:58 PM   #1
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
A-hole threw a beer at my car

I was driving down to the bar last night when some guy coming in the other direction hung his arm out the window and waited for us to get close to each other, then flipped a beer can right at my car as we passed each other.

Luckily enough, the guy had shitty aim and the can cleared the roof of my car by an inch or two, but still sprayed beer all over my windshield.

I was immediately furious, and turned around to chase the motherf#$%er down. While I was catching up to him I called 911 and told the dispatcher the license plate number and description of the truck. She told me to pull over and wait for an officer to arrive so I could file a complaint. So I did. I didn't really want to, I wanted a piece of the dude's ass, but there were 2 more guys in the back of the truck and at least 2 more guys in the front of the truck. So, it was probably in my best interest not to do anything stupid since I was alone.

Anyway, the cop finally shows up and tells me there's not really much he can do since there wasn't any damage to my car, but said he would go to the address on the registration and scare the guy. No telling if he did that or not, but I felt a little bit better that he said he would try to find the asshole.

It kind of ruined my night a little bit and made me get to the bar just as the triva game started, instead of being my customary 1/2 hour early to socialize. But my team ended up winning trivia for the night and won $100 in gift cards to Buffalo Wild Wings.

So all in all no harm, no foul, but it just goes to show how stupid some people can be.
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:10 PM   #2
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
A-hole threw a beer at my car

Glad you were smart about not perusing them anymore. No telling if they had a gun or what. Bro this world is more filled with A$$holes more so then sensible people. It's ashame .

But that's just the world we live in. And the funny thing is I bet if you were to have caught up with him and confront him. He would probably rather fight you about the matter as oppose to just saying sorry.... My bad ! Sometimes you just have to let people be ignorant man.

Congrats on the win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2014, 03:10 PM   #3
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
Wow I would be super pissed too man! But you did the right thing in the end. Guys like that, their time is almost up.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:00 PM   #4
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
I wouldn't have been so nice. However if you wanted to screw that guy (which you should have) not chase him down but follow him tell the cops he almost hit you swerving into your lane while he threw the beer at you. Get his ass busted for DUI.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:11 PM   #5
goinggone14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS / RS
Seriously - nothing they can do about it? There was an open container of alcohol in a moving vehicle. That's against the law.
goinggone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:18 PM   #6
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by goinggone14 View Post
Seriously - nothing they can do about it? There was an open container of alcohol in a moving vehicle. That's against the law.
They have to witness the guy actually driving. If the guy was already home, they can't press DUI charges.
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:32 PM   #7
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
It got to be a pretty common thing where I was growing up to throw bottles out of the window (usually empty - "waste not, want not" and all that) at passers-by on the highway through town. I caught one to the helmet on my 4-wheeler once. I was NOT happy.

This was some of the small town BS that made sure I moved as soon as I was financially able to do so.

Glad there wasn't any damage, OP.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:54 PM   #8
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I recently heard about a guy who was out riding his motorcycle when some a-hole threw a bottle of Gatorade (or similar) at him. The rider happened to have a Go-Pro going, he swung around, pulled up next to the guy, and said, "Just letting you know... I got you on video, and I'll have your ass for it!" The rider got the hell away.

The rider filed a report, tried to press charges. However, the judge threw the whole thing out, saying that the RIDER was "inciting violence" by telling the a-hole that he was on video, would be busted, etc.

So, yeah... even when it's clear as hell what happened, and have an a-hole on freakin' video, you could still be derailed by an a-hole wearing a robe... and in spite of the fact that the only real way to mete out justice is to do it yourself, it's still not always the SMARTEST thing to do. YOU can end up in jail.

Sometimes in life, you just have to accept that a-holes will be a-holes.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #9
BDBiker

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
One more reason why I have no use for cops. I have video of a guy on a tractor destroying my property and when I called the cops they said it was all 'hear-say' since they did not witness anything. When I showed him the video, he said that if I found out who it was, he would go talk to them. When I told him I wanted to press charges and have him pay for the damage to my property, he said flat out that I was dreaming. We live in a strange country when the low-life society can walk over the honest hard working people and the cops do nothing.
Glad no damage was done to your car, you would most likely been in the 'hear-say' category and nothing would have been done by the cops to force the guy to pay for damages just like me.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:34 PM   #10
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Throwing something at a moving vehicle (or being hit) is a serious, serious, situation.

In general, throwing an object (can, bottle, a coin, or anything else, for that matter) at a moving vehicle is a felony in (I believe) every State.

A thrown "substance", on the other hand, is most often considered a misdemeanor.

I commend you on not pursuing these a-holes. I might not have exercised your level-headedness at that moment.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:39 PM   #11
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
wow just shows take action and open a can of whoop ass lol.. im too old for whoopin people and u showed good sense.. good thing it happened before you went into bar... lol
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:56 PM   #12
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Unreal annoying for sure. You were right, never, ever get into it with more than one guy at a time (same does not apply to girls, especially in Las Vegas ).

Cops are about useless everywhere these days, unless they get you for speeding.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote