Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-20-2014, 01:22 PM   #85
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyTen2SSRS View Post
So where is the best price for these with cats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Shipping quote may change an otherwise already low starting price. In no particular order of preference, PM vendors like Tyler at JDP, Apex Motorsports, Juiced1, Jannetty Racing (JRE), and a whole host of others. Go to the commercial classifieds section of this forum, knock yourself out pm'ing them.

There is also the tuning end of it, if you are willing that is, so factor that into your final bill as well. Some vendors offer remote tunes with their package deals. Others don't, but do offer a lower starting price point...
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:42 PM   #86
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyTen2SSRS View Post
So where is the best price for these with cats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Apex ships crazy fast. I'd go with them.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:50 PM   #87
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Maryland speed had a great package price w HFCs.. That's where I bought mine...
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:02 PM   #88
RADREVX

Drives: 2012 SS
juiced motorsports rocked on price and Jason has great customer service!
RADREVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:28 PM   #89
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
I bought my headers with a complimentary tune from JRE, I had them in hands within 24 hours after placing the order, so they are super fast. I don't have top notch dyno access around here, so since I had the X4 handheld unit, I decided to make full use of Ted at JRE. I'm planning to data-log and nail the tune in, since I'm done with my bolt on mods for 2014.

I can vouch for APEX as well, as 45thanniversary2SS mentioned, they are SUPER fast, I have bought a few parts from them as well, and will continue to deal with them.

I have ordered stuff from a couple of other vendors on here, always no complaints all in all.

It's great to see, looking from the above posts everyone is having good and speedy service from their vendors.

Can't go wrong with any of these guys, it all depends on your tailored needs.

Competition is fierce in the auto industry and auto parts world, so make full use of it.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #90
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
IMHO , if they make about the same power ,fit well, don't leak and last 4 or 5 years they are a great deal ,no matter where they are made and what they are made of . If they do the job without problems for under $700.00 with HF cats it's a good deal .I believe 5 years from now they will have proved to last and preform , no one will even think about bashing them . I for one am very pleased with my SP headers ,and would recommend them to anyone. Stainless Works has hit it out of the park with the SP line of headers . They understand the market ,and have delivered in spades.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:37 PM   #91
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
IMHO , if they make about the same power ,fit well, don't leak and last 4 or 5 years they are a great deal ,no matter where they are made and what they are made of . If they do the job without problems for under $700.00 with HF cats it's a good deal .I believe 5 years from now they will have proved to last and preform , no one will even think about bashing them . I for one am very pleased with my SP headers ,and would recommend them to anyone. Stainless Works has hit it out of the park with the SP line of headers . They understand the market ,and have delivered in spades.
+1
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:54 AM   #92
ddaman922

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1SS M6
I'm waiting on my SP's from Maryland Speed with the cat delete. Couldn't beat the price shipped! Should be here today, there was a small issue though. I got an email from UPS stating that a train derailment has delayed my expected shipping time! Crazy...Being a car guy I immediately just thought of the condition of my headers and not the safety of anybody involved in the train derailment. I do hope nobody was injured however.
ddaman922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:41 AM   #93
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaman922 View Post
I'm waiting on my SP's from Maryland Speed with the cat delete. Couldn't beat the price shipped! Should be here today, there was a small issue though. I got an email from UPS stating that a train derailment has delayed my expected shipping time! Crazy...Being a car guy I immediately just thought of the condition of my headers and not the safety of anybody involved in the train derailment. I do hope nobody was injured however.
Perhaps the engineer was ..............http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...71667212,d.cGE
Old 08-24-2014, 04:05 PM   #94
oc2ssrs

Drives: 2ssrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnls1camaro View Post
Just installed stainless power headers and I must say they are the best fitting and quality headers I have ever installed! Not one single issue, had tons of room beside the steering shaft. 1 7/8, off road connection pipes,headers bolts , anti seize, o2 ext. All for $492 shipped to my door(4th special), did I mention my car sounds badass. I know people say you get what you pay for but I believe I got really good quality with these.
Who did you get them from for that price and was that with cats?
*3.6 Jannetty Pulley*CAI Intake*
*Elite CatchCan*VMax Throttle Body*
*Stainless Power LT w/HF Cats*ID 85's*
*Eibach Pro Kit* *VIS Racing Terminator CF Hood & Trunk*Eibach Pro Kit*
oc2ssrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:32 PM   #95
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Maybe there is a Labor Day sale coming up for these from one if the vendors? Anyone know any anything yet. SP headers will be mine!
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:57 PM   #96
ddaman922

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1SS M6
I love my SP headers! No cats are a little raspy, but she sure does scream at WOT!!!
ddaman922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:55 PM   #97
DevilDawgSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I have what turns out to be the Stainless Power headers. I have compared them to Pfadt Tri-Y's (I know you can't get them anymore), Kooks, and ARH. The quality of the welds are not as good. I also observed on my own set that the steel had "dimples" in it, which I was assured would not affect performance or life at all.

They are 304L stainless steel, which means it is lower carbon, which results in better welding. In the end, if I knew Chinese manufactured headers were going on my car, I wouldn't have gone with them.
DevilDawgSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:57 PM   #98
DevilDawgSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
^^^^^^^i guess that's why the ROW (rest of the world)wants to ban made in America GMO garbage to feed our kids with?

Don't get me started, there two sides to this equation, and I can tell you right now, hypocrisy reigns supreme.

Humans were born with a natural talent to finger point.
It's not an exceptional talent trust me.

Yes what some of what you write is true.

Back to SP headers, this does not apply.
Guess that's why we shouldn't be using GMO's, huh?
DevilDawgSS is offline   Reply With Quote