Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-04-2014, 03:06 PM   #29
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbubbaklein View Post
lots of opinions, let Dodge pull up the info off of the crash sensor and discuss deployment criteria with the driver.
the chances of dodge getting involved are somewhere between slim and none. no lawsuit, no fatalities or serious injuries. they'll offer their best opinion and move on.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:18 PM   #30
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
Glad your daughter is ok, hope the same for the there's also.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:20 PM   #31
Need4speed_motorsports

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
That is very unfortunate, Thank god she was safe.
Need4speed_motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #32
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
product investigationj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
the chances of dodge getting involved are somewhere between slim and none. no lawsuit, no fatalities or serious injuries. they'll offer their best opinion and move on.
all manufacturers investigate serious alleged product defects, the driver needs to call their customer assistance and discuss the situation with them. GM calls the investigation a 1241 investigation.

Again the driver needs to initiate the call and investigation.

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:55 PM   #33
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Sounds like a law suit to me. Guy I know had an Audi tt and totaled it when he hit a pole, no broken bones but his face was really messed up stitches looked bad. Well the air bags didn't deploy and he talked to Audi and they ended up settling before court, I think he got 100-150,000 something like that.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:57 PM   #34
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
One of three things
  • Defect
  • Under weight rating, but I don't think that usually applies to the driver
  • Going less than 35mph at time of collision
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:17 PM   #35
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
more than 3 things

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
One of three things
  • Defect
  • Under weight rating, but I don't think that usually applies to the driver
  • Going less than 35mph at time of collision
How about angle, the rate of deceleration, how relatively soft the sheet metal was in the area of contact.

It is a supplementary restraint system. It works in conjunction with the belts as well as the crumple area designed into the vehicle.

The crash sensor holds all the information necessary along with the drivers description to determine if further investigation is needed.

If the bags were not needed to protect the driver why would you want the expenses associated with their replacement. Remember if the driver is not positioned properly in an angle collision, the bags can cause injury. Side bags as well as curtain bags are used in angular impacts.

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #36
jd10013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbubbaklein View Post
all manufacturers investigate serious alleged product defects, t
no, they don't. the key word there is alleged. NTSB and NHTSA are the ones that would probably investigate. there are simply too many legitimate reasons and factors to cause the airbags not to deploy. if they investigated every instance of airbags not deploying in an accident (there are hundreds of thousands of them a year) they wouldn't have any time to make cars. if it were something serious like a fatality, or if there were a lawsuit the had to fight then they might.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:27 PM   #37
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Glad your daughters ok.. I think it's funny all these people are talking lawsuits. You can't rely on airbags to keep you safe, you have to rely on your safe driving! Not all my cars have airbags and I do just fine.. it's not dodges fault if I drive one of there cars into something.. I've been pulling cars in and out at our shop every day for 17 years and you'd be amazed how many airbag lights are on (no airbag deployment) and most people don't even care.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #38
jd10013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
Glad your daughters ok.. I think it's funny all these people are talking lawsuits. You can't rely on airbags to keep you safe, you have to rely on your safe driving! Not all my cars have airbags and I do just fine.. it's not dodges fault if I drive one of there cars into something.. I've been pulling cars in and out at our shop every day for 17 years and you'd be amazed how many airbag lights are on (no airbag deployment) and most people don't even care.
in VA you can't pass an inspection with an airbag light on.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #39
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Glad she is okay. Now she can drive the safer and more fun car.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:35 PM   #40
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
We are extremely blessed.. Today has been a crazy day.. My wife and I are wondering if another sports car is appropriate for a 20 year old.. It's tough because I have worked very hard to try my best to give my kids many things that I didn't have growing up.. I know things happens.. Just can't stop thinking about how worst it could have been.. So much going through my mind.. Thanks for everyone's well wishes and insights... So appreciated!!!!.. Absolutely love this forum!!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:24 PM   #41
Ringo701

Drives: Ashen Gray 2012 2SS/RS L99
Glad your daughter is okay. I can relate to some of what you are going through. My daughter (same age as yours) was in a crash (not her fault) last November. She ended up in the hospital by way of ambulance. Looked/sounded a lot worse than it was. She was mostly bumped and bruised. Car (Honda Accord) was totaled but did its job protecting her and her passenger. Cars can be replaced.
Ringo701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:47 PM   #42
No Excuses
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I would suggest a Honda Accord or Civic just my 2 cents
No Excuses is offline   Reply With Quote