Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-20-2014, 08:06 PM   #15
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@******** View Post
You'll likely get screwed on this. Hopefully not, but paypal and ebay are always skewed in favor of the customer. He probably blew it up and the easy way out is to say it doesn't work. This ensures he gets all his money back, which really bites. This is precisely why I quit carrying the metra dash kits and double din radios.
Yep trust me as a small business owner it's soo easy for a buyer to fraud the seller and keep the merchandise while the seller is out hundreds even thousands of dollars. It's sad but true "AS IS NO REFUNDS" mean nothing for Ebay or PayPal.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:08 PM   #16
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Yup, you'll get the unit back after the buyer gets refunded(via tracking#s given). Same thing happened to me(as a seller), douchebag clearly dropped the item and broke it, and even after numerous info ebay/Paypal exchanges, I'm the one stuck w/ a now broken item.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:25 PM   #17
Storm T
Can't slow down

Drives: 2013 SS Dusk Edition (Insain Bolt)
Paypal = Soup Nazi
Storm T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #18
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Unfortunately you are probably scrrewed. Stick to the terms you sold it under and DO NOT agree to him returning it to you under any circumstances. Ebay will always find in the buyers favor, if you can, transfer the money out of your paypal account. If they force a refund on you then of course get your mylink back.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:40 PM   #19
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Damnit, you guys have me scared. What happens when I get this unit back and it's damaged physically? I sold it in perfect condition...
Old 08-20-2014, 09:45 PM   #20
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
Damnit, you guys have me scared. What happens when I get this unit back and it's damaged physically? I sold it in perfect condition...
Then you open a claim against him.

It sucks. The dealership I work for has stopped selling on ebay via paypal for similar reasons.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:58 PM   #21
Knockoutpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
Then you open a claim against him.

It sucks. The dealership I work for has stopped selling on ebay via paypal for similar reasons.
I contacted paypal, again 3rd or 4th time today, asked all my questions. They say they're going to require documentation from 3rd party people who have done the install to verify it's not working, next i'm going to request them to get documentation from the dealership to verify they reprogrammed it.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:40 PM   #22
magiaone

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Conv. Summit White
The fact he waited 20 days is also a problem. I had a similar situation where the buyer waited 7days before saying that it was defective. He opened a case against me but they found it in my favor because who knows what he did with it during that time. Good luck and hold ur ground.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:09 PM   #23
Knockoutpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiaone View Post
The fact he waited 20 days is also a problem. I had a similar situation where the buyer waited 7days before saying that it was defective. He opened a case against me but they found it in my favor because who knows what he did with it during that time. Good luck and hold ur ground.
I'm always going to state, the vehicle had 12000 miles when the unit was pulled, at the time it was still under warranty until removed, don't you think I would have had it replaced under warranty instead of selling a damaged item that was covered under a warranty?
Old 08-21-2014, 01:18 AM   #24
No Excuses
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
PayPal always sides with the buyer during a eBay transaction. Ebay has the buyer protection program so a lot of scamming is done. Just happened to a friend of mine. Good luck.
No Excuses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:00 AM   #25
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
I had one of these situations which initially was found in favor of the idiot buyer, but when I got the item back it was flashed with bad (hacked) firmware. Took pics of the issues, then fixed it (flashed back to stock firmware), then resold it. Sold within a day. Delivered within 3, day 4 was left positive feedback. On day 5 I emailed paypal with this new evidence, was promptly refunded the amount they TOOK from me.

I reminded Paypal that they aren't judge and jury and next time I would sue them for taking what wasn't theirs. Doesn't sound like they heeded the warning.

Last edited by stoopid; 08-21-2014 at 05:18 AM.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:05 PM   #26
Knockoutpie

I have forwarded this thread to PayPal for evidence, saying the Vin is married to the car and must be reprogrammed, purchase of after market parts is required for this too work, and if it ever were broken, then I would have replaced it under warranty, but now I cannot since I removed it from my vehicle. Anything I or you guys can do to help my case would be great. This unit wasn't made for the car he's putting it in, and it's his fault. He knew the challenge he was taking on, and is now accusing me of selling a bad unit. Gah, this is too frustrating.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:08 PM   #27
Knockoutpie

I'm also not going to be editing threads due to changing the time stamp on it. I'm just scared seeing how it looks like the buyer always wins..
Old 08-21-2014, 12:16 PM   #28
Knockoutpie

Here is a thread stating what must be purchased in order to get this item to work, notice how he says he must be reprogrammed and wires must be purchased for it to work, if it is not reprogrammed, then it will not work!