Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #29
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
And don't forget, the V8 guys don't have it all either. You can't make the LS motor sound as deep as the old school Chevy small block no matter what kind of exhaust you put on it either.

I had a 1987 Chevy Monte Carlo with a small block 400 engine. The sound is very distinct! It sounded just like this:

DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:55 PM   #30
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
I put the mufflers from a 2013 2SS/RS on my V6 and the sound is exactly what I wanted; a little more aggressive and deeper than the stock. And, at only $200 it was a nice inexpensive way to get a better sound. I agree that ir does not, and never will, sound like a V8, but it is a nicer sound and pleaseing to me. There are many people that don't want the drag strip sound from their V6, they just want a little more of a sports car sound. That's what I wanted and that's what I got. Everybody has their own idea of what they want and it is not necessary for them to pay out for a V8 just to get a little more desirable sound.
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:47 PM   #31
zhangxy9202

Drives: 2012 camaro 2lt/black
Quote:
Originally Posted by trcsr View Post
I put the mufflers from a 2013 2SS/RS on my V6 and the sound is exactly what I wanted; a little more aggressive and deeper than the stock. And, at only $200 it was a nice inexpensive way to get a better sound. I agree that ir does not, and never will, sound like a V8, but it is a nicer sound and pleaseing to me. There are many people that don't want the drag strip sound from their V6, they just want a little more of a sports car sound. That's what I wanted and that's what I got. Everybody has their own idea of what they want and it is not necessary for them to pay out for a V8 just to get a little more desirable sound.
i agree with you
zhangxy9202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:08 PM   #32
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
How did a middle schooler get a 5th gen? Nice parents...
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:28 PM   #33
KeyWil

Drives: 2011 Blk 1LS A6
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by trcsr View Post
KeyWil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #34
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enduring View Post

Just because it is a Camaro doesn't mean that you can magically make the V6 sound like a V8. A modded V6 Camaro will sound the same as any riced out V6 because both cars are still just a V6.
Riced out...I don't think so. There are a lot of great options to get a pleasing performance sound.....sound like a V8 - no. I have yet to see or hear one of our V6's sound like a mazda with a coke can exhaust.
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:46 PM   #35
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkchambless View Post
I have yet to see or hear one of our V6's sound like a mazda with a coke can exhaust.

So you have never heard one with muffler deletes.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:26 PM   #36
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
I just used a clothespin and a wet baseball card in the tailpipe to get it roaring.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:37 PM   #37
KeyWil

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
I just used a clothespin and a wet baseball card in the tailpipe to get it roaring.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:41 PM   #38
KeyWil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkchambless View Post
Riced out...I don't think so. There are a lot of great options to get a pleasing performance sound.....sound like a V8 - no. I have yet to see or hear one of our V6's sound like a mazda with a coke can exhaust.
I agree with you there. In person, I have not heard any v6 Camaro sound that obnoxious. v6 Mustang on the other hand, I have ONCE. It was horrendous. Sure, depending on your setup, you may get more rasp than others but our v6's can sound good too. Just not as epic as the v8.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:10 PM   #39
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
i love how mine sounds. i have the resonated x-pipe with stock resonators and a muffler delete.

Your car sounds great. Not too loud without mufflers?
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:36 PM   #40
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
Your car sounds great. Not too loud without mufflers?
Thanks! Resonated x-pipe plus stock resonators keeps it from being too loud, tho it is plenty loud at WOT.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:27 AM   #41
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWil View Post
I agree with you there. In person, I have not heard any v6 Camaro sound that obnoxious. v6 Mustang on the other hand, I have ONCE. It was horrendous. Sure, depending on your setup, you may get more rasp than others but our v6's can sound good too. Just not as epic as the v8.

I've heard one or two of these in person. It's worse than the video picks up.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 03:45 PM   #42
mcapple

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
The basic idea is that you can't... the basic sound of an exhaust note is determined by an engine and not the exhaust system itself. The exhaust can let certain frequencies in the sound output resonate, or it can mute them, but it can't change how the engine sounds when it's firing. No matter what you do to engine, they will ALWAYS sound like their cylinder configuration. Just like an inline 4 cylinder has a distinct sound, so does a boxer or "H" 4-cylinder, and a V6, and a V8, and a 5-cylinder, a V10-- they all have very distinguished sounds.

If you like the sound better with your pipe and resonator back in, then that's what you should do. But that low, thunderous rumble is unique to a V8-- even if you don't want to have a V8, you can't just make a 6 sound like an 8.
American V8 sounds unique because of the cross plane engine firing order.

What's the distinct sound for I4, V6 and boxter BTW?
mcapple is offline   Reply With Quote