Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #1
Camaro54

Drives: Camaro SS2/RS orange/black stripes
Big Thanks To The Jannetty Team!! From Louisville KY.

Four weeks ago I decided to drive my 2010 Camaro SS from Louisville KY up to CT to pay a visit to the Jannetty Speed Shop 850 miles away. Actually I had a family event in Newport RI so instead of flying I decided it would be a perfect time to drop my car off with Ted for a few days. I called Ted three weeks ahead and went over all the details of what I wanted done which consisted of removing my Maggie blower complete/bag and tag all parts for the next owner/remove my Cool Mist water-meth kit, bag and tag/remove the boost a pump not needed anymore/rewire the twin fuel pumps as needed/replace boost gauge/Install bigger blower (Whipple) since my stroked 416 stretched the Maggie to her limit/re-tune complete from scratch motor and automatic tranny/I requested an increase of hp 50-100 more rwhp than I had. I almost cut the timing too short since I under estimated the time for ordering all the parts. I told Ted I could drop the car off at his place on a Monday afternoon and I'd have to pick it up on the following Saturday around 10 AM. I explained that the car would have to be ready for the long drive back to KY with full confidence I'd have ZERO problems. Ted assured me he could handle all my request. Since I had previous experience with Ted's shop 3 years ago I too felt confident all would go smooth. His team ordered all the parts and kept in touch with me weekly with updates. 3 days before I was to head up they let me know all parts were in and they were ready. The following Monday as promised I showed up in Waterbury CT and dropped my car off at the Jannetty Shop, had a short visit with Ted and Team, rented a car and headed off to RI. Ted reported daily up dating me on their progress and the following Saturday morning as promised I showed up to pick up my car. As Ted too had promised the car was done. It looked great with the new Whipple cleanly installed. All my removed parts were bagged, tagged, and boxed for shipping back to KY. Car drove great on the test drive. It was raining at that time so I stayed mild on the throttle with the wet roads. Ted gave me my copy of the dyno runs of before and after. They showed my car pulled at 599/590 rwhp/tq when I first got there but now was pulling at 686/650 rwhp. That's pretty darn good for a strictly street/daily driver (through and automatic) in my opinion. At that point it was time for me to get back on the road since I had to be back at work early Monday morning and I didn't want to be driving after dark (long drive across PA with a lot of dead deer already on the roadside this time of year). As I had expected the car ran smooth as a ribbon all 850 miles home. And I sure enjoy the extra 100 block hp. I just want to say Thank You Ted Jannetty and Team for working with me and doing exactly what you said you'd do. I'd been in a bad way if the car wasn't done on time or if I'd been left stranded on the way home. I felt very confident from the beginning that this project would turn out well as long as I was dealing great people. My shipped parts were in the UPS truck early the following Monday and are on track to be delivered to me tomorrow. Thanks Again Ted and Team!

Just had to change my signature below...
2010/2SS/RS/6L80E/Mast built LS3 416 Stroker/Black Lable Heads/Blower Cam/Jannetty Tuned/ 685rwhp/635tq/KookHeaders/3"exhaust/Magnaflows/Whipple Blower/10lbs bst/Duel pumps/85lb inj/2 gauge pillar/CAI/RX catch can/Vmax ported TB/Lexani LX15s/Pedders sub F bushings inserts/Pedders sport extreme coilovers/ZL1 sway bars/Hotchkis strut tower brace/Hawk brake pads/stainless steel brake lines/CTV front calibers/slotted rotors 15"/1 pc drive shaft & loop/hidden radar-laser detect/rear louvers/terminator hood/ SS mats/black outs/Bowties/GM GFX kit/blade spoiler/deading matting/wolf art/

Last edited by Camaro54; 11-04-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Camaro54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:44 AM   #2
RBL

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
Surprising that you live in KY and didn't go to KY speed and Bluecat.

2012 L99, whipple, Roto-Fab, Stainless Power headers, ZL1 fuel pump, cat delete.
RBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #3
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Same experience here with JRE. It was worth the drive.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:58 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro54 View Post
Four weeks ago I decided to drive my 2010 Camaro SS from Louisville KY up to CT to pay a visit to the Jannetty Speed Shop 850 miles away. Actually I had a family event in Newport RI so instead of flying I decided it would be a perfect time to drop my car off with Ted for a few days. I called Ted three weeks ahead and went over all the details of what I wanted done which consisted of removing my Maggie blower complete/bag and tag all parts for the next owner/remove my Cool Mist water-meth kit, bag and tag/remove the boost a pump not needed anymore/rewire the twin fuel pumps as needed/replace boost gauge/Install bigger blower (Whipple) since my stroked 416 stretched the Maggie to her limit/re-tune complete from scratch motor and automatic tranny/I requested an increase of hp 50-100 more rwhp than I had. I almost cut the timing too short since I under estimated the time for ordering all the parts. I told Ted I could drop the car off at his place on a Monday afternoon and I'd have to pick it up on the following Saturday around 10 AM. I explained that the car would have to be ready for the long drive back to KY with full confidence I'd have ZERO problems. Ted assured me he could handle all my request. Since I had previous experience with Ted's shop 3 years ago I too felt confident all would go smooth. His team ordered all the parts and kept in touch with me weekly with updates. 3 days before I was to head up they let me know all parts were in and they were ready. The following Monday as promised I showed up in Waterbury CT and dropped my car off at the Jannetty Shop, had a short visit with Ted and Team, rented a car and headed off to RI. Ted reported daily up dating me on their progress and the following Saturday morning as promised I showed up to pick up my car. As Ted too had promised the car was done. It looked great with the new Whipple cleanly installed. All my removed parts were bagged, tagged, and boxed for shipping back to KY. Car drove great on the test drive. It was raining at that time so I stayed mild on the throttle with the wet roads. Ted gave me my copy of the dyno runs of before and after. They showed my car pulled at 599/590 rwhp/tq when I first got there but now was pulling at 686/650 rwhp. That's pretty darn good for a strictly street/daily driver (through and automatic) in my opinion. At that point it was time for me to get back on the road since I had to be back at work early Monday morning and I didn't want to be driving after dark (long drive across PA with a lot of dead deer already on the roadside this time of year). As I had expected the car ran smooth as a ribbon all 850 miles home. And I sure enjoy the extra 100 block hp. I just want to say Thank You Ted Jannetty and Team for working with me and doing exactly what you said you'd do. I'd been in a bad way if the car wasn't done on time or if I'd been left stranded on the way home. I felt very confident from the beginning that this project would turn out well as long as I was dealing great people. My shipped parts were in the UPS truck early the following Monday and are on track to be delivered to me tomorrow. Thanks Again Ted and Team!

Thank you Phil, a Pleasure dealing with you as always.

My team Thanks you as well.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:03 PM   #5
Camaro54

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Thank you Phil, a Pleasure dealing with you as always.

My team Thanks you as well.

Ted.

Hey Ted, be sure and tell everyone how much I enjoyed doing business with all of them. I'm sure I'll see You and them again some day. Always something new to do on my car. Going to order your new cats for supercharged equipped soon.
2010/2SS/RS/6L80E/Mast built LS3 416 Stroker/Black Lable Heads/Blower Cam/Jannetty Tuned/ 685rwhp/635tq/KookHeaders/3"exhaust/Magnaflows/Whipple Blower/10lbs bst/Duel pumps/85lb inj/2 gauge pillar/CAI/RX catch can/Vmax ported TB/Lexani LX15s/Pedders sub F bushings inserts/Pedders sport extreme coilovers/ZL1 sway bars/Hotchkis strut tower brace/Hawk brake pads/stainless steel brake lines/CTV front calibers/slotted rotors 15"/1 pc drive shaft & loop/hidden radar-laser detect/rear louvers/terminator hood/ SS mats/black outs/Bowties/GM GFX kit/blade spoiler/deading matting/wolf art/
Old 11-05-2014, 07:07 PM   #6
Mikes fast ss
Slowhawk Built

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro54 View Post

Did you and Mike Norris have a falling out. If I remember correctly you were doing quite a bit with him.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:10 PM   #7
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBL View Post
Surprising that you live in KY and didn't go to KY speed and Bluecat.
I was thinking the same thing...

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #8
Camaro54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes fast ss View Post
Did you and Mike Norris have a falling out. If I remember correctly you were doing quite a bit with him.
No. Mike and I are doing fine. Great group up in Indy. My son was graduating from Naval Officer Training up in Newport RI so I decided it would be a great time to revisit Ted on my way to Newport. The Jannetty Team has always been my first choice. Sure wish they were closer to KY. Raymonds/Norris is closer to me and my second choice.