Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #29
jonnyb

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
Maggie all the way!! And if you can pick one up used even better!
Yeah because they upgrade to Whipple LOL
Old 11-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #30
Ocmert
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
Don't do it.
You will f... up your car.
Buy a corvette instead.
Ocmert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 02:55 AM   #31
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
The Edelbrock Eforce will add around 100 HP over a stock engine. Ask any installer/vendor. I would be surprised to hear if anyone says otherwise. It has more torque at low engine speeds than any other blower in this class. OEM looks and reliability. It is silent and efficient (as long as you can keep your foot out of it ) It is worth the money and I would not hesitate to buy one again if I ever need to.

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:03 AM   #32
mylftft

Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
The E force is the lowest power producing blower on the market, period! Ask any shop, it hits a wall & won't go beyond it! Horrible design, doesn't matter that it uses the same rotors, ask around to people that install them all, it's the truth!
Old 11-06-2014, 09:01 AM   #33
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Agreed, much better choices. No reason to pay more for a blower that will limit you.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:53 PM   #34
camarossdusk
whippled 5th gen

Drives: 2013 camaro ss
been going on on stock parts with my whipple except for fuel system since may but i dont race it at the track until get suspension and better clutch.
camarossdusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:03 PM   #35
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I installed the E-Force in 2010 on my 09 SS. It had 414/rwhp at the time with LT headers, hi-flo cats, ported intake and tune. After the install it was at 546/rwhp. That's 132/wrhp gain.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:46 PM   #36
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocmert View Post
Don't do it.
You will f... up your car.
Buy a corvette instead.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:46 PM   #37
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ ЄlĄmĄиąŧøя ™

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Be better off doing heads and cam than that blower. Much better options out there.

D1SC Procharger 932/758 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:24 AM   #38
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Few things to consider.. If your going to be happy with 500 RWHP (6 to 7ish PSI) then buy the eforce kit or any kit with stock injectors that come in the kit. This will be the same performance as a big cam, headers, and intake. You will quickly get bored with the power and tired of beating stock cars or you will get tired of being beat by the guys with blowers from factory (mustang roush, Shelby, or ZL1) they will crush you cause these wise guys do a cheap pulley change, injectors and a tune...you will be like man I just spent 7k and your feelings will be hurt..

With that said buy a race version like the eforce with no tuning or injectors cause the injectors are maxed at 6 to 7 psi. hence you just wasted about 600 bucks.. And no need for there tuner because to get the most you need a professional tune on your car.

If you get the newer eforce (stronger idle/tensioner arm and different design to help heat soak), ZL1 pump, and the 2.75 pulley you will make 650RWHP at the wheels before the car gets hot.. To stay at that performance or when the car is hot and to add a little more power you can get meth kit by Alky Control with a tank mount storage. This will keep you at the 650 mark when hot and do about 675 when the car is on the cold side.

This will put you at 14-15ish psi.. If you do headers you may drop a psi or 2 but pick up 20 something HP from better flow, If you do a blower cam you will pick up 50 hp

Now the Joker that said do a Cam will get about 490 RWHP total and ya he will be cheaper but that's it for power unless he does NOS.

If your worried about warranty at all you may consider a SLP or GM blower some dealers will warranty it if you buy from them and they install.. Same with there hot cam ect..

Just don't make the mistake we all make on the injectors get a kit with out them.. get 85lbs or so or ID 850s Don't pay twice..

If this is a budget thing then you can consider NOS and a LS9 cam a lot people have had luck with that combo.. You will pick up about 20 hp from cam swap and you don't have to mess with changing springs out. You can ask someone here what is safe I figure they will say proper tune and safely 150 shot.

I have the 3.25 pulley eforce, CNC heads and BTR cam and in summer dyoned 657rwhp with slippage.

I can tell you that Eldelbrock has the best customer service in the world.. I told them I had early kit and they upgraded the stronger tensioner for free. I developed a vacuum leak they replaced the whole blower snout, changed all the bearings and lubrication for free.. this after running 65k and meth and a smaller pulley which voids the warranty. There was never even a question if it was covered..

Hopefully I can redyno today and see how much the tensioner helped and now that there is no vacuum or boost leak.

I'm happy were I'm at right at 10psi which seems to be fairly safe with LS3 bottom end.. But, I'm gathering short block parts as we speak..
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:29 AM   #39
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingr69 View Post
The Edelbrock Eforce will add around 100 HP over a stock engine. Ask any installer/vendor. I would be surprised to hear if anyone says otherwise. It has more torque at low engine speeds than any other blower in this class. OEM looks and reliability. It is silent and efficient (as long as you can keep your foot out of it ) It is worth the money and I would not hesitate to buy one again if I ever need to.

-Mark.
I agree totally but, just in case you do want wine changing from 3.50 to 3.00 is perfect just a little hint of noise!
Old 11-07-2014, 08:34 AM   #40
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Maggie Maggie Maggie...LOL! .....did i say Maggie....lol?!!!
Old 11-07-2014, 09:02 AM   #41
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
I installed the E-Force in 2010 on my 09 SS. It had 414/rwhp at the time with LT headers, hi-flo cats, ported intake and tune. After the install it was at 546/rwhp. That's 132/wrhp gain.
This is why I like turbos so much. Stock 2014 car dynode 375rwhp bone stock. Added turbo kit (no cai, no tb, no headers, no ported intake) it made 800rwhp. That is a 425rwhp gain. Cost was less than blower/headers/cai.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:07 AM   #42
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
This is why I like turbos so much. Stock 2014 car dynode 375rwhp bone stock. Added turbo kit (no cai, no tb, no headers, no ported intake) it made 800rwhp. That is a 425rwhp gain. Cost was less than blower/headers/cai.
How long did it take you to install?

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber