Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #155
mynetdude

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Silver
hmm I hope I don't have these problems with my 2014 2LT most of these problems seem to be with 2012-13 but I read this entire thread and only found 1 2014 with a problem so far.

I am surprised direct injection engines have this much trouble; why doesn't GM do a recall and fix these plaguing problems? And I thought I saw somewhere someone pointed out that GM would do a buy back after 4 service repairs for the same issue?

I hope GM doesn't let me down on my new one; I picked Camaro over any other brand as of right now I have 933 miles and bought it less than 2 months ago .
mynetdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:12 AM   #156
Big Dookie

Drives: 2011 LS Camaro, 1994 Camaro Coupe
I have the misfire code constantly when its cold (Below 20-15 degrees). I have contacted GM about this issue. I will post the resolution after everything is fixed.
Big Dookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:49 PM   #157
Dmaxcc6spd

Drives: 71 Camaro SS - 17 Camaro SS1LE
My 2014 1LT RS is throwing codes for misfires as well. P0300 and P0302.
My situation seems a little different. Car has 1600 miles and is 100% stock (except for floor mats which I'm sure the dealer will try to use as an excuse).

I get a flashing CEL under high load conditions such as moderate speed 30-40 mph, high gear(probably 5th or 6th) and low RPM around 11-1200. As soon as I notice the missing condition, I can tip into the throttle to force a downshift and all is fine. If I just continue on, the miss continues and the CEL flashes.

I also notice a slightly rough idle on occasion, but at other times its as smooth as I would expect.

I also have been getting what i consider to be poor mileage. I'm getting about 22mpg, but my driving is mostly interstate and I have been driving very conservatively since it is still so new. My 1998 POS Monte Carlo with the 3.8 V-6 and 185000 miles got 22mpg, and that's with the mystery antifreeze injection problem!

First time I "needed" to buy a car and I get this crap. GM, better wake up. I have owned nothing but GM vehicles, but I was close to looking at something else. If this problem isn't fixed on the 1st or 2nd trip to the dealer I will go elsewhere.
14 Camaro RS (gone - totaled by 8&9 year olds)
17 Camaro 1LE HBM Ordered 02/21 Built 4/24, Delivered 5/4
Dmaxcc6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #158
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
On my dad's truck, his CEL went on. I bought a cheap code reader from O'Reilly and checked it out. The code basically said his fuel was running too rich. The first thing we did was check his gas cap. He no longer had the factory cap on and was using a third party locking cap that also had a huge crack in it. He replaced the cap with a factory cap and the CEL went off.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for everyone else.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:58 PM   #159
moE_09

Drives: 2014 v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynetdude View Post
hmm I hope I don't have these problems with my 2014 2LT most of these problems seem to be with 2012-13 but I read this entire thread and only found 1 2014 with a problem so far.

I am surprised direct injection engines have this much trouble; why doesn't GM do a recall and fix these plaguing problems? And I thought I saw somewhere someone pointed out that GM would do a buy back after 4 service repairs for the same issue?

I hope GM doesn't let me down on my new one; I picked Camaro over any other brand as of right now I have 933 miles and bought it less than 2 months ago .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxcc6spd View Post
My 2014 1LT RS is throwing codes for misfires as well. P0300 and P0302.
My situation seems a little different. Car has 1600 miles and is 100% stock (except for floor mats which I'm sure the dealer will try to use as an excuse).

I get a flashing CEL under high load conditions such as moderate speed 30-40 mph, high gear(probably 5th or 6th) and low RPM around 11-1200. As soon as I notice the missing condition, I can tip into the throttle to force a downshift and all is fine. If I just continue on, the miss continues and the CEL flashes.

I also notice a slightly rough idle on occasion, but at other times its as smooth as I would expect.

I also have been getting what i consider to be poor mileage. I'm getting about 22mpg, but my driving is mostly interstate and I have been driving very conservatively since it is still so new. My 1998 POS Monte Carlo with the 3.8 V-6 and 185000 miles got 22mpg, and that's with the mystery antifreeze injection problem!

First time I "needed" to buy a car and I get this crap. GM, better wake up. I have owned nothing but GM vehicles, but I was close to looking at something else. If this problem isn't fixed on the 1st or 2nd trip to the dealer I will go elsewhere.
I probaly should've updated and said I took it to another dealer. A friend of my dad's is in the service dept and he told me there was a service bulletin about it. I cudnt seem to find it online but he showed me the papers so it's just a programming issue he re progammed it and I've had no problems since
moE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:20 AM   #160
camarodunce

Drives: 2013 camaro
Wow... im having same problem dealership a-holes cant figure out the continued misfires only had vehicle for 8 months.. I was told the mechanics took heads off and soaked them in some type of solvent to dissolve carbon build up.. then two weeks later same crap and now the service adviser states looks like we're going to have to take heads off...yeah my question exactly didn't you do that already... I have an idea lets just piss me off even more...
any suggestions?
camarodunce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:47 AM   #161
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarodunce View Post
Wow... im having same problem dealership a-holes cant figure out the continued misfires only had vehicle for 8 months.. I was told the mechanics took heads off and soaked them in some type of solvent to dissolve carbon build up.. then two weeks later same crap and now the service adviser states looks like we're going to have to take heads off...yeah my question exactly didn't you do that already... I have an idea lets just piss me off even more...
any suggestions?
This:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=chemtool
Old 10-12-2014, 03:14 AM   #162
Pro Bro

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, Garnet Red
Same problem here OP

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376371

Third time dealing with this, the second time they gave me some passive aggressive comment about my bolt ons affecting my engine warranty at the dealership.
Pro Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:29 PM   #163
Big Dookie

Getting near the colder month AGAIN!!!! Hopefully no check engine light this winter!!
Big Dookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:32 PM   #164
Big Dookie

Well, spoke too soon. Yesterday morning.......15 degrees and guess what?????? CEL and a rough start. Here we go again!!
Old 11-24-2014, 10:19 AM   #165
HawtWheels

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible
I bought a brand new 2014 camaro 2lt/rs less than a week ago. 80 miles on it, thought I got the best birthday gift. As I'm leaving the dealer the stabilitrak service notification came on I made a U turn and they told me to make an appt lol.. I had just bought the car.. It took me a week to even get an appt from them because "they are slammed" within that week, my CEL came on and my car has been driving "rough" onstar told me it was a misfire...I now have 400 miles on it and I'm currently at the dealer getting it serviced which they told me it would take 4-5 hrs to even tell me what's wrong.. I'm starting to regret this purchase/ and definitely this dealer
HawtWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:57 PM   #166
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Is my car the only V8 with this issue? I was told to get that upper engine cleaning service every 25000 to 30000 miles . I also blame myself for using NGK Tr 6s they seem to have caused a lot of the carbon buildup I am having. I put the stock plugs back in a few days ago and things seem to be getting better. Today the car warmed up for 10mins without a single light.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 11:56 PM   #167
HTLady00

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
My 2010 2SS has same issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
Is my car the only V8 with this issue? I was told to get that upper engine cleaning service every 25000 to 30000 miles . I also blame myself for using NGK Tr 6s they seem to have caused a lot of the carbon buildup I am having. I put the stock plugs back in a few days ago and things seem to be getting better. Today the car warmed up for 10mins without a single light.
I own a 2010 Camaro 2SS 47k miles that is at a dealer’s service department (since last Wednesday the 31st. I have only owned the car since May 2014.) I dropped it off because it had a third issue on Wednesday with misfire and stability/ traction control error. Thank goodness I decided to pull into a gas station to get off the road after it happened on the freeway because she then stalled.

The car has coded (all lights came on and misfired/ rough run) three times over the last 6 months, the last time was on Wednesday the 31st. The (3) three incidents thus far gives the following:
Misfire on cylinder 4 and tire pressure sensor error.
Misfire on cylinder 4 and stability/ traction control error.

When I dropped it off Wednesday right after the event (to the dealership) the check engine light was on. The car even stalled out as I drove into a gas station to get off the road right after the misfire event. I was 3 miles from a dealership, so I restarted it about 5 minutes later and took it straight to them. Check engine light was still on when I delivered it to the dealership.

The dealership service department says they can’t do anything for me at this time. They said they see the code showing for the misfire on Cylinder 4 and the stability stability/ traction control error. They say they “need to recreate the misfire event” and after they drove it over 60 miles they cannot recreate it. I explained to them that this has happened 3 times in total over the last 6 months, that the code is always misfire on cylinder 4, that it happens at highway speed, about 15 minutes or so into a drive and when it is cold or wet outside if that matters. Also I have noted that the car begins to run rough right before the misfire event. And that she has (a couple times) run a bit rough and has some (lifter knock/ chatter) at times but never when I take it in. I have taken it in to be checked out three times now.

So far -and- the most recent event:
I took it to the dealer on Wednesday the 31st. They did not contact me as promised Friday with news.
I contacted GM and opened a case on Friday after not hearing from the dealer, they told me to work with the dealer but they would be contacting the dealer.

My issue: today Monday the 5th, the dealer called and said to pick up my Camaro because at this time they can’t recreate the issue. I don't understand how recreating an issue that has happened 3 times and leaves codes for misfire on 4 needs to be recreated? Logic dictates that recreating it is not going to tell them anything more than they know now. Misfire on 4. So why? This is my only vehicle. I am afraid to drive my car now. If it stalls on the highway, like it did when I pulled over, I won’t be able to controller her. It will end badly for me at 55 to 60 mph. Any thoughts or help?

Last edited by HTLady00; 01-06-2015 at 12:47 AM.
HTLady00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:34 PM   #168
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTLady00 View Post
I own a 2010 Camaro 2SS 47k miles that is at a dealer’s service department (since last Wednesday the 31st. I have only owned the car since May 2014.) I dropped it off because it had a third issue on Wednesday with misfire and stability/ traction control error. Thank goodness I decided to pull into a gas station to get off the road after it happened on the freeway because she then stalled.

The car has coded (all lights came on and misfired/ rough run) three times over the last 6 months, the last time was on Wednesday the 31st. The (3) three incidents thus far gives the following:
Misfire on cylinder 4 and stability/ traction control error.

When I dropped it off Wednesday right after the event (to the dealership) the check engine light was on. The car even stalled out as I drove into a gas station to get off the road right after the misfire event. I was 3 miles from a dealership, so I restarted it about 5 minutes later and took it straight to them. Check engine light was still on when I delivered it to the dealership.

The dealership service department says they can’t do anything for me at this time. They said they see the code showing for the misfire on Cylinder 4 and the stability stability/ traction control error. They say they “need to recreate the misfire event” and after they drove it over 60 miles they cannot recreate it. I explained to them that this has happened 3 times in total over the last 6 months, that the code is always misfire on cylinder 4, that it happens at highway speed, about 15 minutes or so into a drive and when it is cold or wet outside if that matters. Also I have noted that the car begins to run rough right before the misfire event. And that she has (a couple times) run a bit rough and has some (lifter knock/ chatter) at times but never when I take it in. I have taken it in to be checked out three times now.

So far -and- the most recent event:
I took it to the dealer on Wednesday the 31st. They did not contact me as promised Friday with news.
I contacted GM and opened a case on Friday after not hearing from the dealer, they told me to work with the dealer but they would be contacting the dealer.

My issue: today Monday the 5th, the dealer called and said to pick up my Camaro because at this time they can’t recreate the issue. I don't understand how recreating an issue that has happened 3 times and leaves codes for misfire on 4 needs to be recreated? Logic dictates that recreating it is not going to tell them anything more than they know now. Misfire on 4. So why? This is my only vehicle. I am afraid to drive my car now. If it stalls on the highway, like it did when I pulled over, I won’t be able to controller her. It will end badly for me at 55 to 60 mph. Any thoughts or help?
i'm saying it straight up. From my experience dealers mechanics are handicapped when it comes to repairing this car. Even the guy who changed my brake fluid didn't know if he bled the clutch as well. Take your car to a reputable mod shop, that's what I'm doing. The shop I am going to has modded many Camaros and even told me things the dealers wouldn't know in the next 10 years.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote