Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-05-2014, 06:15 AM   #29
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbow89 View Post
Um or he could be right cause your cars illegal and most likely annoying there's a difference from a nice exhaust and no exhaust.
There's always this one jackazz trying to tell people what to do too their car.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:25 AM   #30
Freyguy08

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
At least he was courteous enough to leave you a note instead of keying your bright green paint.

I wouldn't call a note that starts with "Hey asshole" courteous but that's just me lol.

Comin' in hot!
Freyguy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:37 AM   #31
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
I can understand the guy being put out if you are "noise polluting" in public with an illegal set up. It's kinda like pulling up to a light next to a guy with oversized subwoofers shaking the ground with obscene rap music and his windows down to make sure everyone can't miss him. It's very anti-social, in-your-face, Look-at-me (selfish) behavior. The fact that many here get a kick out of that contributes to the stereotype of the Camaro driver. At least he was courteous enough to leave you a note instead of keying your bright green paint.
I have to agree. While I have put aftermarket exhaust on my Camaro (just axle-backs) because I felt the factory ones didn't do it justice and look like crap, I see no enjoyment in having a car so loud (or smelly ) that it prompts others to leave such a note.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:43 AM   #32
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGunn187 View Post
...it didnt even cross my mind a stranger would take time to write this.
And that's the thing - it never crossed your mind how offensive (to both hearing and smell) that your car is to others. Not to mention illegal. You obviously don't care about others... it's all about you. Not cool.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 12-05-2014, 06:50 AM   #33
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMING EAGLE View Post
Just another a-- h--- trying to relieve us of the freedom our country allows...
Our country doesn't allow illegal exhaust systems. In many instances there are noise ordinances and limits. OP's exhaust exceeds the limits that "our country allows", yet he ignores it. If others express their displeasure with that (which, by the way, our country does allow), he shouldn't be surprised by it.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:24 AM   #34
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
What I love about all the environmental Nazis, or any other Nazi that wants to police the universe, is they think nothing of the annoying crap they do like let their dog crap on my lawn, run over my mailbox and take off, let their cat roam around my yard, etc.

They are so worried about the cow who gave his life for the leather in our shoes, but what about the 8 year old Malaysian kid working in the sweat shop. He needs his $2hr an hour to survive. Should we put him down instead of the cow.

They advocate policies that contradict each other and are often mutually exclusive. Half the population of the Earth would have to disappear for their ideas to work. They should volunteer to be first.

I have two LS powered vehicles with modified exhaust, but the loudest thing I own is the Dodge Diesel and it's stock.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:43 AM   #35
EmeryZ28

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
That would be framed and on my garage wall!

I am running no cats and the smell is barely noticable.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:51 AM   #36
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Honestly, I only recently realized what smell people are talking about. I came up driving big carbed muscle cars and when people talked about a raw fuel smell, I was expecting something really harsh. The little whiff you get every once in a while is noting compared to blowing the power valve on a Holley.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:52 AM   #37
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
People who leave notes like that are sad. I've never had that happen but I have had notes left in my mailbox before. I would probably react the same, immediate disgust then a little chuckle with an eye roll. No harm done.

It's like they wanna prove they are as big of an a-hole as you are, except they are all spineless about it.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:58 AM   #38
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
I sorry op, you can't fix stupid. I would love to catch the idiot leaving a note on my car hehehe, Not bragging at all but I'm constantly at the gym with 5.4 bmi and yes I am ripped. Now of coarse I probably would not have physically done anything to him but yes I would most definitely had given him a good scare lol.

Its so weird on the other hand though because I can almost guaranty you that my cammed catless ss with stainless works retro chambered exhaust (3 inch no mufflers) and full headers is louder than your car. I seem to get nothing but thumbs up and compliments never any negative crap. No offense op but this is why I could never live in california again. After dropping out of college in 05 and moving to Houston Tx, I'm still mad about not doing it so much sooner.

Hope you find the shit who left that and give his prius driving ass a good scare lol.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:09 AM   #39
OUTATIME

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I'm just glad it wasn't worse like getting your car vandalized. When you realize someone is angry enough to "do something" about it, think about what they COULD have done vs. what they did do.

I personally love loud cars, but the reason I didn't get a full header setup and opted for just an axle back was because I didn't want to draw the negative attention of someone like this who put a note on your windshield. It's painful that I don't have a loud car, but more painful if worse happens to it.
OUTATIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:26 AM   #40
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:

I scare him with my muscle.

OP, be glad it was just a note.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:30 AM   #41
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
And that's the thing - it never crossed your mind how offensive (to both hearing and smell) that your car is to others. Not to mention illegal. You obviously don't care about others... it's all about you. Not cool.
fyi... there were muscle cars before there were cats
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:35 AM   #42
KICKER

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS WHITE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Does the opposite side of that envelope have his address on it?
If you can figure out how to read that bar code, I think it gives the ZIP+4.
That should narrow it down pretty good.