Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-26-2014, 09:05 PM   #71
Midlifecysis

Drives: camaro ls v6 auto
Its only a car so it can be replaced but loved ones can't..........Looked real bad in the photos i am so glad everyone's ok
Midlifecysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:32 PM   #72
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Its copy pasted from a website about how speeding doesnt really save any time.... Dont go try using me as a scapegoat cause you threw out a nut job comment bro. Have a great holiday guy....
Nut job comment , Just called you out like you did to me first and backed it up with the facts , Something you haven't done except ,1-telling us Camaro owners how speed doesn't save time , 2-that his tires were cold and need warmed up and , 3- the tires equipped with the Z aren't for road travel , All 3 either wrong or you have no way of knowing , Then you come up with some cute little comment like your boyfriend Tool . Enjoy your Holiday and spend more time reading up on the Z-28 so you don't come off as so ignorant .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:42 PM   #73
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Nut job comment , Just called you out like you did to me first and backed it up with the facts , Something you haven't done except ,1-telling us Camaro owners how speed doesn't save time , 2-that his tires were cold and need warmed up and , 3- the tires equipped with the Z aren't for road travel , All 3 either wrong or you have no way of knowing , Then you come up with some cute little comment like your boyfriend Tool . Enjoy your Holiday and spend more time reading up on the Z-28 so you don't come off as so ignorant .
I never called you out... I never said anything above that you're talking about above. And now youre being homosexual. Youre on a roll man. You want to go for the trifecta and throw racism out there too? I dont need to read on the z28, because I simply never ever commented about it. You are disillusioned and freaking out over people poking fun at you. Now for some reason you picked on me, who called you on your shit... You are sadly left looking silly for doing so. Calm down.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:46 PM   #74
SPDKILLS

Drives: SS 1LE (Black on black)
OK guys lets stop the bickering, infighting and "brotherly love" and get back to what we are really all here for..............CONDOLENCES FOR THE Z28.
SPDKILLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:48 PM   #75
Gee
Silver Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDKILLS View Post
OK guys lets stop the bickering, infighting and "brotherly love" and get back to what we are really all here for..............CONDOLENCES FOR THE Z28.
True my bad, but I really dont know what hes going on about... Cheers, see yall at C5 fest. RIP Z28
Old 12-26-2014, 11:25 PM   #76
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
hahaha..... Lmao...
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:30 PM   #77
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Gee is here to help ! You better play nice! hahaha....
Old 12-26-2014, 11:33 PM   #78
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Yeah I agree. Reading these comments is very disturbing. So many ASSumptions. I really am glad that they are alive and hopefully they recover fully. Only femur breaks Ive heard of(emt for a bit) are very serious accidents. I really hope speed wasn't involved and if so, this should be a HUGE wake up call to him and those nearest and dearest to him. Its NEVER worth it to get there 1 minute faster.

Side note:

Before we can begin the calculations let me put out one very important assumption in place. All calculations are based on constant speed going from point A to point B. Of course in the real world no one drives at constant speed but it is much easier to calculate speed and other attributes of a moving object. Doing the calculations in the real world would require monitoring all the variables involved when we are traveling from point A to point B such as traffic movement, acceleration and deceleration rate intervals, rest stop breaks, etc. But I do not think any of this really matters because all the drivers on any given highway are generally affected for miles by the same variables more or less. So the time saved with respect to other drivers on the same highway probably is insignificant as my calculations will show in the two scenarios presented below.

Some of us know the following simple physics equation to calculate constant speed, “Speed = Distance / Time” or as words “speed = distance divided by time” but we need to calculate “time” in this case. We already know the speed and distant, therefore, we must rearrange the equation to calculate the “time” required to transverse the 100 mile distant. The new equation is:

“Time= Distant / Speed” or as words “Time = distance divided by speed”

Driver A: Time = 100 miles / 65 mph = 1.54 hours so 1.54 hours = 92 minutes

Driver B: Time = 100 miles / 75 mph = 1.33 hours so 1.33 hours = 80 minutes

now subtract the two times to get the difference in the arrival time between the two drivers.

92 minutes - 80 minutes = 12 minutes

Results: Driver B would only beat Driver A by a measly 12 minutes after driving 100 miles.

The another way of looking at this, if Driver A drives for 1 hour at a constant speed of 65 mph he would have driven 65 miles while Driver B at the speed of 75 mph would have driven 75 miles. The two drivers would be 10 miles apart in one hour. In terms of distance that is a lot but in terms of time they are less than 10 minutes apart. That is not much time difference when Driver A finally reach the 75 mile mark. It would be less than 10 minutes later for him.

Looking back at the first scenario, if you wish to determine how far apart the drivers are when Driver B reach the 100 mile mark here are the calculations.

Calculations:

We already know Driver B would have driven 100 miles at a constant speed of 75 mph in 80 minutes. Also we know 80 minutes equal 1.33 hours. All we need to do is determine how far Driver A would have driven in the same time at 65 mph from the same starting point.

First we have to rearrange the constant speed equation to calculate distant this time.

Speed = Distance / Time

Rearrange the equation to calculate distant. Therefore Distance = Speed X Time.

Results: Distance = 65 mph X 1.33 hours = 86 miles

Therefore, Driver A is 14 miles behind when Driver B reaches his destination at the 100 mile mark, but in terms of time he is only 12 minutes away and Driver B was doing all that speeding for 80 minutes and consuming more gas in the process just to save 12 minutes.

Now I can apply these calculations to a must longer distant like 1000 miles by simply multiplying all our results from Scenario 1 by 10 using the same speed as before for Driver A and Driver B.

Sourced from :http://melpor.hubpages.com/hub/Do-Dr...ally-Save-Time

Thanx! For going out your way to help us!
Old 12-26-2014, 11:39 PM   #79
xcgbzghxgh
Account Suspended

Drives: ford
both alive. one broke a femur, and one had to be air lifted. winter haven florida.
xcgbzghxgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:02 AM   #80
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

hahaha... That's too funny!
Old 12-27-2014, 12:44 AM   #81
thkfast

Drives: '14 Red 2SS/RS/LS3
It's amazing how truly GREAT HANDLING cars don't HANDLE GREAT for everyone in every circumstance! A Z-28, like all track oriented cars, require a skilled driver's total concentration when driven at 10/10.

On the subject of speeding, here's how I see it...

"Gramma" and I both leave on a 700 mile trip. She drives 60 mph, I drive 75 mph. Assuming we both take equal time for pit stops, after 9 hours, I'm 135 miles ahead of her and she arrives 2 hours after me. That's why I speed.

I hope the driver and passenger recover fully and learn a valuable lesson.

thkfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 03:39 AM   #82
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
live oak +1, trust fund kid - 0 -
Attached Images

snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 06:34 AM   #83
Gee
Silver Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Thanx! For going out your way to help us!

Ha, anytime man! I thought it was interesting. According to the math, it will never save you much time and only wastes gas. Don't get me wrong, I cruise at 70-75 on a 65mph Highway(dont tell my mom)like the next guy, but 80 and above is kind of asking for trouble and now apparently pointless.

Old 12-27-2014, 06:40 AM   #84
Gee
Silver Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
We recently had a 160 mile each way trip.

I stuck the cruise right on the 65MPH limit. Most cars were driving 70.
It was kind of a protest as our legislators were arguing about raising the limit to 70.
I figured it would take an extra 12 minutes for the trip.
Since then they did change the limit to 70. And everyone still drives 70.

Did I ever tell you about the time I drove 25 in a 25 on a 4 lane main drag during rush hour? Everyone was racing around me. Had an LEO come up behind me and I watched him look at me, his speedo, me, his speedo.
I guess he couldn't decide if I was dangerous.

Two weeks later that street was posted at 30.
Haha, thats funny as hell. Isn't that a b, youre suspect for speeding AND driving the exact speed limit. Love it.