Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-24-2015, 06:53 PM   #127
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
Your definition of "good neighborhood" must differ from mine. I wouldn't even waste my time looking at a house that was under a HOA's thumb, wouldn't want to live around that sort of people either.

if you want to live in an area with crime, low property values, or old run down small houses than you could find something without an HOA. but around my area if it's nice, the people who live there will have formed an HOA to keep it that way. your pretty hard pressed to find a place without one unless you want to live on a main road.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:59 PM   #128
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
If that little kid is crying all the time, I say that someone needs to call child protective services and have them look into it. Sounds like a possible child abuse situation to me.

Also, look around the neighborhood.. there has to be other violations. Report them. If the HOA collects money, have them looked into by the state. By law, they must keep detailed records of all expenses. Keep the HOA busy with other problems.
Fight fire with fire.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:05 PM   #129
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
if you want to live in an area with crime, low property values, or old run down small houses than you could find something without an HOA. but around my area if it's nice, the people who live there will have formed an HOA to keep it that way. your pretty hard pressed to find a place without one unless you want to live on a main road.

Then I'd just have to find another area to live or farther out of town I guess.

I don't need this kind of neighbor
Old 01-24-2015, 07:07 PM   #130
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
around here if you want to live in a nice neighborhood you don't have a choice. any neighborhood you would want to live in has one.
Thats sad, I would have to move then , I could not bear to live under all those rules and regulations . I guess if you cant move away your screwed . But I would tend to think 30 miles down the road there has to be a nice place that doesnt force the residents to live under such scrutiny. If not then Virgina is a nice place to visit.
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:08 PM   #131
trackwhore

Drives: 06 Z06
That is crazy... I have never had a problem with any of my piles. But I can also drive at Laguna Seca 90db days. I live around a HOA but do not have one. They built my house when the market was high in 07 and crashed. Never built any of the houses. Closed up the models till 2013 and I bought one. Now they are building all around us. Different developer.
trackwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:15 PM   #132
MRREVINTO7

Drives: 14 1Le --14 chevy ss sedan 07shelby
tell him to Eff off and if he comes on your property you will blacken his eys and remove his teeth for him ..the pussifaction of America !!!! loud exhaust ..this ass hat doesn't know what a problem is ..my woman gets murdered execution style with 3 others and leaves a 5 year old with no mom by an asshole robbing a store for oxy and i get to find them !! thats a problem not 80 decibel noise for 8 seconds ..people have nothing better to do than mind everyone elses business...my car has long tubes and nPP exhaust with a big cam and its not that bad ..my neighbor has 4 harleys so what a little noise here and there ....this guy is starting his car and leaving not reving and doing burn outs ..tell him next time the land scaper comes by to complain about the mower too cause its a hell of a lot louder and longer duration than the car passing .while we are at it next time an airplane goes over his house call the faa Too!!! your a better man than i ...i do respect people and am curious but something just are that way and you have to deal with it ...ask me to push my car out ..tell him to get his kid too wear hearing protectors like you were at the gun range!!! done ranting just thankful its not me ...shit like this is just agravating to me such petty freakin non sense!! oh and next time it thunders tell him complain to god its too loud!!!!
MRREVINTO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:16 PM   #133
TxBandit911
Call Me"Doc"

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE BLACK
These people must have really boring lives.....so much better stuff to worry about in life then a car that makes a little noise when it passes by. Having high flow cats will not make it "that" loud....

I lived in a development for a while, it was nice. Neighbors didn't give me shit, came over often, and were nice. All the while I drove a '00 WS6 with a retarded cam, LTs, 3"duals, no cats, and 16" Dynomax bullets dumping at the rearend. You could hear my car start a few blocks away.....

There are cool places out there...not always easy to find. I know people that get hate mail for stuff like placing the trash can on the wrong side of their driveway on trash day....this entire situation is pretty pathetic IMHO....
TxBandit911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #134
Red2014SS

Like I said.. if that kid is crying all the time, someone needs to call child protective services and report it. Sounds like abuse to me.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:37 PM   #135
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
So when they have an earthquake is the father going to yell at the earth saying its rumbling too much? A little noise will not hurt anyone, we hear it everyday day and night. It's only a few seconds and then it's gone no harm no fowl. As long as the car is legal don't even worry about it let the person yap their mouth off eventually this person will get tired and move on to something else.
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:41 PM   #136
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
yeah they're all a bit different, but if he's already getting letters from them, they clearly think he's violating something.
The pissy neighbors could be the reason for the letters if they are saying something to the HOA...
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:51 PM   #137
Chevy_cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
So when they have an earthquake is the father going to yell at the earth saying its rumbling too much? A little noise will not hurt anyone, we hear it everyday day and night. It's only a few seconds and then it's gone no harm no fowl. As long as the car is legal don't even worry about it let the person yap their mouth off eventually this person will get tired and move on to something else.
legality doesn't really matter if its against HOA rules. It's not the police he's dealing with, its control freak neighborhood assosiation.

You guys telling him to just ignore it or tell the neighbor off are going to cost him a pile of fines or his home.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:55 PM   #138
Red2014SS

Quote:
legality doesn't really matter if its against HOA rules. It's not the police he's dealing with, its control freak neighborhood assosiation.

You guys telling him to just ignore it or tell the neighbor off are going to cost him a pile of fines or his home.

It may not be against the rules though. All it takes is for one jerk to call the HOA and complain, and they'll fire off a letter without even checking to see if the complaint is legit. His car didn't sound that loud to me. It certainly not as loud as a lawn mower or leaf blower.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:00 PM   #139
Chevy_cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
It may not be against the rules though. All it takes is for one jerk to call the HOA and complain, and they'll fire off a letter without even checking to see if the complaint is legit. His car didn't sound that loud to me. It certainly not as loud as a lawn mower or leaf blower.
thats true, but none of us really know what their rules are. He needs to go over it with a fine tooth comb and find out exactly what they're saying is a violation before knowing how to proceed. Without knowing what he agreed to, its hard for any of us to really give advice.

But people have been foreclosed on for more silly stuff than modified car exhaust
Old 01-24-2015, 08:00 PM   #140
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
The OP never said what's exactly in the HOA so for now should not really worry about what this person is crying about. My guess that it isn't even mention in the HOA and this person is trying to control what should or should not be allowed. If that's the case which I bet it is, I would tell them to pay for my inspection if he wants to be that nit picky.
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote