Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-04-2015, 05:54 PM   #15
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
I've been noticing within the past couple of posts about this that the rear end of our Camaro's are amazing when it comes to impact (and looks obviously).

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394490

You got a nasty hit for sure, but you'd never guess it by looking at the Ford's front end. You would think it would have been a lot worse!

I guess it all boils down to our Camaro's big ol' butts. [;
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:11 PM   #16
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
OMG OP!! that is horrible. nothing personal, but i dont think i will let your borrow my car. lol. OMG.
you know, if i were you, i would consider another camaro after your is fixed and a different color. not sure of supersition, but 2 early wrecks would disturb me. your car has depreciated so much due to these accidents get diminished value from your ins. company. good luck. hang in there. good thing you are ok . but that car may be bad luck. maybe third time is a charm, but not sure i would risk it. good luck to you.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:13 PM   #17
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Hate to say it but I would sell it because it will never ever be right again, but your gonna take a big hit because of carfax.
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:53 PM   #18
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
I wish I could mount twin mini guns on the front and back
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:59 PM   #19
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
I wish I could mount twin mini guns on the front and back
They would get smashed in the rear before you could fire them off at someone
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:07 PM   #20
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Auto sensing fire. Just like a crash avoidance system. They would fire before the car hits
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:16 PM   #21
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
You might want to hold off on the female drivers.My mom taught me how to drive and she could give any man a run for his money.
This^^ lol my grandmother used to race in the powderpuff stock car races. Seen the women first hand drift around a snow covered corner with a cigarette in one hand and the other Palm steering.
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:17 PM   #22
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
Auto sensing fire. Just like a crash avoidance system. They would fire before the car hits
So that would just kill the driver, then they would instantly floor it because of dead weight... making the situation much worse.

THEN your mini guns would be destroyed lol
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:20 PM   #23
Midlifecysis

Drives: camaro ls v6 auto
and your trade in value now is what?????
Midlifecysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:56 PM   #24
B73

Drives: 2013 2ss rs 1le in Victory Red
id seriously reconsider the genesis coupe idea, it is a BIG step down from the Camaro. I traded in my R-Spec Genesis Coupe on my 1LE and have not ever thought for one second that I gave anything up. Don't get me wrong my Genesis was a great car and I loved it but it wasn't even in the same class as my Camaro in the power or handling department. Sorry about your run of bad luck but going to a Genesis from a Camaro is not IMHO a good idea
B73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:02 PM   #25
xRedsox
Night Fury

Drives: 2016 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by B73 View Post
id seriously reconsider the genesis coupe idea, it is a BIG step down from the Camaro. I traded in my R-Spec Genesis Coupe on my 1LE and have not ever thought for one second that I gave anything up. Don't get me wrong my Genesis was a great car and I loved it but it wasn't even in the same class as my Camaro in the power or handling department. Sorry about your run of bad luck but going to a Genesis from a Camaro is not IMHO a good idea
The Gensis Coupe is more powerful than the V6 Camaro, but not as powerful as a SS. If I could get a SS out of this I would do it within a heartbeat, but that is not an option.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:22 AM   #26
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
That is some awful luck! At least it was the same car, imagine if you had gotten a new Camaro and that was hit.

I can't believe the lady was doing a U turn in the middle of an intersection. Brilliant
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:33 AM   #27
ex-SS-ve

Been there before . To me even though the vehicle was repaired correctly it was never the same . After second accident repair i got rid of it and replaced it with my 2010 SS. Pretty much have to watch every inch of your surroundings to know whats coming or somewhat predict it.
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:33 AM   #28
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRedsox View Post
The Gensis Coupe is more powerful than the V6 Camaro, but not as powerful as a SS. If I could get a SS out of this I would do it within a heartbeat, but that is not an option.
It might say that on paper... but I test drove both my v6 camaro and a v6 genesis coupe on the same day, and the genesis was no comparison to the camaro. the genesis was very slow for the listed 306hp
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote