Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-05-2015, 07:57 PM   #43
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
I get that the immature, ego stroking types are jealous of my car, but it says a lot about todays society that it happens SO MUCH, i find myself taking backroads so i can enjoy drive.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:13 PM   #44
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertypilot View Post
I see you're from the "streets of Philly." If that's true (and you're not from like, Doylestown) then no one's racing the "streets of Philly." The condition of those roads you'd lose a wheel. Front street or Island Ave, sure. But anywhere downtown, no way man. Although I've always wanted to blast down Kelly Drive.

I've had people try to race me, I usually oblige. I was smoked by a porche and by the Cherokee V8 once but everyone else, pick ups, Mustangs, a Grand Prix once, I usually beat out. Just red light to red light stuff, nothing serious...
Nah I've only been here 6 months. I used to live in the open roads of Missouri, ahhh the good old days...
Homeless Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:07 AM   #45
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Be careful, those new 6.2L Silverados and Sierras will give your LT a run. My Dad has one as his DD. It moves!

2014 Silverado 6.2L PERFORMANCE (C/D EST):
Zero to 60 mph: 6.3 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 14.9 sec
That's pretty far off what a Camaro can do no? The Silverado has to weigh 5000 lbs and has no weight in the rear end.
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:15 AM   #46
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTRS777 View Post
All the time...

and this... some are pretty scary powerful too
And pretty heavy. My Ram 3500 produces over 700 lbs of torque, but it weighs 8000 lbs too.
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:43 AM   #47
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post
That's pretty far off what a Camaro can do no? The Silverado has to weigh 5000 lbs and has no weight in the rear end.
Not too far off from a V6 (which the OP has). It wouldn't be a slaughter by any means.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:58 AM   #48
CLEAN

Drives: '19 Stingray '22 MB GLC 300
Interesting that there are so many race attempts w/ the Camaros. I'm driving a GS vette now, and only one time has it happened, some guy in a BMW M something. I do have people pace me all the time though, just checking out the car I guess. I was actually guilty of that myself yesterday, a gorgeous CRM ZL1 convertible was next to me and I stayed w/ it just looking. Maybe they thought I wanted to race? lol
Old 02-09-2015, 10:20 AM   #49
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
Nah I've only been here 6 months. I used to live in the open roads of Missouri, ahhh the good old days...
Oh ok. Philly's a great town man, anything you're interested in you can find a place to do it in Philly. I will that some of the opportunistic types aren't so nice but they're are by far and away the minority. Almost everyone is super nice, just don't mind how they look. LOL!! Seriously every place you go will probably have your next best friend.

Sorry for getting a little off topic. Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

I had a guy in a very poorly painted home job matte black slammed something or other with a couple fart-can mufflers try to race me on 95 on the way into Philly on Friday night. I didn't give him the time of day. About a mile later, under the 3 consecutive tunnels, there were 2 ricers, nice ones though, that were having some fun on the near-empty highway. They could have been straight out of Fast n' Furious - so was the scene: city-scape, night time, lit tunnels, tinted windows, it was awesome. I joined in the fun for a little bit - not racing just getting on it a little and changing lanes and stuff. I got a thumbs up out the window as they took the exit. I knew where they were going in those cars. I'm a little old for that stuff these days but it was fun while it lasted...
Libertypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:30 AM   #50
2LSCamaroSTL

Drives: 2LS Black with IO stripes
I've had a 2SS Camaro that was amazing looking catch up to me in the highway and turn and look at me and laugh and he hits the gas and prolly got to 90 or so....only got a v6 :/ However, the worst was a dodge ram diesil truck that kept racing up and get ahead and would smoke me out and keep repeating till I sped off..
2LSCamaroSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:39 AM   #51
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I had an EVO the other day get behind me in a one lane road and keep stepping on it then braking right behind me. Got annoying considering it was residential, I just decided to block him diagonally for a good 2 minutes or so. Prick deserved it, kept flashing his lights and honking as he did it.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:06 PM   #52
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
lots of that ricky bobby stuff around here. enticing until that first close call then never again. I watched a GTI go airborne over a whoop-dee-do one day - luckily he landed straight and kept control. probably my favorite was out trolling the tourist hell zone over the holidays. a guy with NY tags had the whole family in his Malibu and was revving his motor next to me at a light. I wasn't the least bit interested other than watching him squeal away under green and I continued watching as he went like a bat out of hell right into the Sea World entrance. Hilarious.
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote