Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 02-06-2015, 09:56 PM   #1
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
New Top Time

Went to my Chevy dealer today and showed them the hole on the driver'side from the rubbing against the back trim. Gave me zero fuss, they are ordering it then farming it out to a reputable shop to have it done.

Am very happy with them.....Faulkner/Ciocca Chevy in Quakertown PA.

Wismer's in Souderton will be doing the top, very good reviews for top quality work......we will see.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:22 AM   #2
CAPTAIN46

Drives: 2011 2ss convertible camaro
Keep all your complaints and records, I hope it works out for you. Be sure to check the wind noise after new installation from cords near windows alignment of windows to the top make sure the windows operate correctly, observe the latch plastic panel above drivers and passengers head, have them operate the top for you to ensure the top does not pop out of the guide tracks behind the drivers and passengers rear windows. check the rear part of the top that it is sealed in the rear towards the trunk. Good luck!
CAPTAIN46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:23 PM   #3
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Thanks man, I got it covered. I'm trading her in soon so I want to ensure that it's correct for the next person to enjoy as I have.

[/SIZE]

Old 02-10-2015, 06:09 AM   #4
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Gonna pick up mine today. This top lasted 2 years before a hole started rubbing through at the beltline above the rear right wheel. After 1 month of waiting (Dealer said that GM central told them it needed 1 month to stretch & adjust), I finally tried to put the top down and the windows had problems. SO, I had to take it back again. Now, after 2 weeks, the top shop loosened it up some & the dealer just finished "adjusting the windows".

We'll see how it is. After 1 frame & 3 new fabric pieces, I'm done with this thing & I just want the next guy to get a good car.

I've even been paid over 2K by GM for my "inconveniences" and for agreeing not to go to court in the future over this car. I needed the money at the time, but now I just want the new one to come out so I can get rid of this one.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:43 PM   #5
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

My dealer just called me this morning, my new top is in, I now have to call him to find out when to bring it in to get it put on. So far, so good. They will be providing me a loaner for the duration of replacement time. I'll be calling tomorrow.

[/SIZE]

Old 02-11-2015, 03:48 AM   #6
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Mine looks good, but I asked dealership to give me the frame info. They put it on the receipt that frame info was not available. Told me there's no frame #, etc on the frame. Also said GM told him there's no "redesigned frame". Doesn't sound right.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:42 AM   #7
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
Mine looks good, but I asked dealership to give me the frame info. They put it on the receipt that frame info was not available. Told me there's no frame #, etc on the frame. Also said GM told him there's no "redesigned frame". Doesn't sound right.
You would be correct. Search on my posts. There are "2nd design" frame parts that came online for the late 12s and onward. Those are what you want for the frame rebuild.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:13 AM   #8
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

intensifi - do you have pics of where that squeak was coming from? I only hear it when the top is down, and when i push down on the driver's side arm, it seems like it's coming from a frame junction point somewhere directly below the arm.

Once I fix this squeak, I'm in vert heaven again....
Old 02-11-2015, 10:16 PM   #9
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
intensifi - do you have pics of where that squeak was coming from? I only hear it when the top is down, and when i push down on the driver's side arm, it seems like it's coming from a frame junction point somewhere directly below the arm.

Once I fix this squeak, I'm in vert heaven again....
Sorry. No pics. Put someone in the backseat and drive around with the top down.

Do be aware a squeak in the suspension can manifest itself as coming from the convertible top mechanism. That cavity where the top lives is a big sound amplifier. When the top is up, the space becomes sealed.