Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-03-2015, 06:05 PM   #1
zogster

Drives: 2014 RRM ZL1 M6
Mylink Issues

So for the third time in the past two weeks today I had some issues with Mylink or the screen. The screen just seems to get frozen on the Mylink screen that displays at startup

Normally I start the car, put the car in reverse, and the backup camera's picture displays on the screen. When this issue occurs, the backup camera doesn't display. When I push the volume/power button for the stereo, nothing happens.

Only fix is to shut the car off for a minute or two and restart. I went to the gas station on the way home and when I started the car back up after filling up, the screen worked as it is supposed to.

Any history on this? I've read some threads with issues on Mylink, but nothing like what I am experiencing where basically nothing works.

Anything to try before taking it to the dealer?
zogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:32 PM   #2
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
My unit has been malfunctioning since day one, similar issues as yours. Originally the dealer was going to give me a new unit. GM stopped them and called me telling me that the problem was a minor one that could easily be fixed by reprograming the unit. The unit has been flashed 4 times, and still having problems. The parts manager told me they would resolve this issue, I asked him to replace the unit. He said "I will try".
CreeperRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:04 AM   #3
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
Sometimes on startup, my fan indicator is froze and Mylink will not send radio station information to HUD. This seems to be a fairly common issue. When this happens, I turn off the ignition, remove the key and open the door. I count to 60. Then I restart and everything works. I know this isn't the way an expensive system should work. But I don't think GM has a fix for it and it appears that Mylink issues are the norm.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:40 AM   #4
Pork Chop

Drives: M6 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji276289 View Post
Sometimes on startup, my fan indicator is froze and Mylink will not send radio station information to HUD. This seems to be a fairly common issue. When this happens, I turn off the ignition, remove the key and open the door. I count to 60. Then I restart and everything works. I know this isn't the way an expensive system should work. But I don't think GM has a fix for it and it appears that Mylink issues are the norm.
I have had the exact same issue on my 2013 since day one and the dealership does not have a solution to the problem. Supposedly the firmware is up to date. I have learned to live with it but it sucks.
Pork Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:16 PM   #5
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
It does suck. My Nav told me to make an illegal u- turn and the it took me down a one way street in the opposite direction. LOL. Dropping off my car at the dealership Monday.
CreeperRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:16 PM   #6
zogster

Drives: 2014 RRM ZL1 M6
Well I decided to play around with some things. I unplugged my iPod and so far I have had no more issues. I'm thinking I will give it a few more days to make sure I have no issues and then update my iPod as it is definitely an update or three behind Apple's latest. If that does not work and there are still issues, it will be taken to the dealership.
zogster is offline   Reply With Quote