Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-10-2015, 08:46 PM   #1
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
Arrow Need advise on starting my own car show

Intro: I have really enjoyed car shows over the years. I am sure many of you gear heads do too. That is why I am looking for pointers and advice here.

Since owning my 1LE I really have enjoyed entering into car shows. The people you meet and the friends you make are awsome. I dont do it for winning awards as my car is unique and sporty but there are so many nice cars out there very deserving. (But just to say I have won a couple of plaques and drawings and even a meal or two at resteraunts). But I really enjoy the car community in this environment.

In my area there are dozens of shows all summer. But not one of them cater to modern muscle. All of them are mixers Instead.

A couple of friends and I desire a modern muscle show. And we have decided to move forward with having our own for that target market.

I am hoping to find suggestions pointers and insightful experience suggestions in this endeavor from the amazing group here at Camaro5.

Thank you for any and all input.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:11 AM   #2
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Probably the one thing about hosting a car show would be the insurance policy. I have an old Mustang, I've only taken it to one actual show. Paid 30.00 to have people stroll by it.

I'd look into starting small, maybe talk to a strip mall or box store and ask if you could have a cruise in, would be a little less formal, but the store(s) could possibly see a boost in sales that day?

In Topeka, we have a local weekly car cruise that is for everyone. It's packed each week.