Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-01-2015, 11:37 AM   #1
Bashton

Drives: 2010 Nickey Camaro Stage III
New MODERN MUSCLE Section for Chicago Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals show MCACN

NEW MODERN MUSCLE SECTION TO BE ADDED TO MCACN SHOW FOR 2015

There is no doubt that the primary focus of the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show will always be high horsepower examples of the finest and rarest 60’s and 70’s original Muscle Cars and Corvettes. Where else would you find a row of Hemi convertibles, ZL1’s, Boss 429’s, Stage 1 Buick’s or Super Duty Pontiacs? Seeing even one of these cars at any show is always a treat, but at MCACN, you know you will likely have the opportunity to see more of these cars under one roof than anywhere else in the world.

With that being said, nobody can deny the “rebirth” of the Muscle Car era that we are enjoying right now. I mean, who would have ever thought that you would be able to go to your local Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealer and drive out in a 707 horsepower Challenger Hellcat, or maybe to the Chevy dealer to pick up a 650 horsepower Z06 Corvette? And what makes it even better is that these modern day marvels have all the creature comforts and safety features we love, and they are comfortable to use as daily drivers. Extremely fun daily drivers, of course!

This year we are pleased to announce we will be hosting a special area specifically for Modern Muscle cars. This area is not for the typical shiny red Gen 5 Camaro with a nice set of wheels, but is limited to the best of the best in tastefully modified high horsepower examples. Think Nickey, Roush, Callaway, Hurst, Saleen or Mr. Norm’s, or perhaps something you are taking to the next level. There will be spots for just 36-38 cars total, with three separate blocks with just 12-14 cars in each. One block will feature cars from General Motors, one for Ford products and one for Mopars. What this means is we are going to be very selective, and I am sure these spots will fill quickly! Cars can be judged as either Street Stock/Modified or in our intense Day 2 Concours program. This is not for average street drivers, but the best of the best.

If you own a prime example of Modern Muscle and would like to be a part of the world’s largest all indoor specialty show devoted to Muscle Cars, Dealer-built Supercars and the finest and rarest Corvettes, please send specs, photos and information to me at bashton426@gmail.com. Space is extremely limited and we are holding strictly to the 12-14 cars per brand theme, so if you are interested, let me know right away. Please note; once these spots are filled, we will not have room for expansion! Response has already been strong, with close to half of the GM spots already filled!

We are always looking for ways to keep our show fresh, exciting and family friendly. No matter what brand you like best, we strive to make sure your MCACN experience is one that makes you want to come back for more, year after year! The show will take place Saturday, November 21, from 9 am – 9 pm, and Sunday, November 22, from 9 am – 5 pm.

Looking forward to seeing you soon, and THANKS for the continued support.

Bob Ashton
MCACN, LLC
Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
www.facebook.com/MCACN
Bashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:01 PM   #2
schwartzeneger

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Tintcoat
Does it cost anything to attend this event?
schwartzeneger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:22 PM   #3
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Very cool.

Hope to see one of our Camaro5 forum members in that small group.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:53 AM   #4
thkfast

Drives: '14 Red 2SS/RS/LS3
This show is a MUST DO! Absolutely mind blowing perfect 10/10 super rare muscle cars from the 50's,60's,70's and 80's. Stuff you never see. It's a massively huge indoor event, your hips will be aching after walking around looking at everything. If you are patient and read the info boards by each car or visit with the owners they tell some great automotive stories. They even have special guests who give presentations that are worth sitting through. Mark your calendars for November 21 & 22, 2015!

thkfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:19 AM   #5
Bowtie-Bri

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convt.
This is a very special and unique show. If you love both old school and new school muscle cars, this place is like muscle car heaven. Been there many times and it seems to get better every year!
2013 Nickey Stage II Camaro SS Convertible #10.Black w/ Red leather interior. No Weeds Elec. Diverters, CNC ported heads, custom grind cam, upgraded fuel injectors, ZL-1 fuel pump, V-Max ported TB, Red Magnuson Super Charger with rear cog drive, upgraded rear axles good for 1400Hp, 3:45 gears, Tremec 6 spd., Pedders adj. coil overs, Phadt ZL-spec swaybars, 800Hp at the crank, 670RWHP, 613ft.lbs. torq. @ 11lbs. boost. SOLD!!!
Bowtie-Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:47 AM   #6
Callaway Chris

Drives: Callaway Corvette
Bob,

As always, your show continues to grow w/ good ideas such as this. Thanks for recognition of Callaway in your area. Much appreciated, and if I can help, please drop me a note. Thanks.
Callaway Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:38 AM   #7
Bashton

Quote:
Originally Posted by thkfast View Post
This show is a MUST DO! Absolutely mind blowing perfect 10/10 super rare muscle cars from the 50's,60's,70's and 80's. Stuff you never see. It's a massively huge indoor event, your hips will be aching after walking around looking at everything. If you are patient and read the info boards by each car or visit with the owners they tell some great automotive stories. They even have special guests who give presentations that are worth sitting through. Mark your calendars for November 21 & 22, 2015!
Thanks for the kind words. We work all year long to keep our show fresh and worthwhile, no matter what aspect of the hobby you like best. We will again host over 550 cars and 200+ automotive (only) vendor spots.

This announcement has been very well received, and we have already filled over half of the allocated spots with some really awesome cars!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 04-06-2015, 09:39 AM   #8
Bashton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie-Bri View Post
This is a very special and unique show. If you love both old school and new school muscle cars, this place is like muscle car heaven. Been there many times and it seems to get better every year!
Thank you, Sir!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 04-06-2015, 09:42 AM   #9
Bashton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaway Chris View Post
Bob,

As always, your show continues to grow w/ good ideas such as this. Thanks for recognition of Callaway in your area. Much appreciated, and if I can help, please drop me a note. Thanks.
Thanks Chris!

It has been a pleasure and an honor to have both you and Reeves at the show over the past years, and hope you will both be able to join us again this year.

Hmmm...maybe we need to organize a Modern Muscle "Roundtable" discussion?

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 04-06-2015, 07:46 PM   #10
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Just emailed to try and get my car in!
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS K&N Blackhawk Cold air intake, Hawk Performance Ceramic pads, BAER drilled and slotted rotors, Side louver black faded inserts, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MSD Spark Plug Wires, Texas Speed 1 7/8in Headers and cat back, High Flow Cats, 3 inch X-Pipe, Speed Dawg shift knob, Tuned by Nickey. And oh, its My first car.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_L...5jF6EQEoKDNQ2g
BurnedRubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:01 AM   #11
Bashton

Wanted to give a "heads-up" on this. We have already filled more than half of the allocated spots for all three brands. Ford is leading the way, and we have seven of the 13 available GM spots now filled with some really prime examples of Modern Muscle.

If you would like to be a part of our first ever special section devoted to Modern Muscle, please don't hesitate, as once the 13 spots per brand are filled, there is no room for expansion! Please e-mail pics and list of mods to me at bashton426@gmail.com for consideration.

THANKS;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 04-30-2015, 12:20 PM   #12
Bashton

Looking for a few more for this new area. The response has been great and we have a really nice and diversified lineup. We even have a 600+ horsepower Cadillac CTS-V coupe that I wish I owned!

I am sure this area will be sold out well in advance of the show, so if you are thinking about it, don't hesitate! Questions; bashton426@gmail.com

Thanks;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 05-05-2015, 02:57 PM   #13
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
What a great opportunity to show off your 5th gen!
NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:08 PM   #14
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Can't wait for the show! I've attended the show many times and am looking forward to displaying my Camaro in the show!
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS K&N Blackhawk Cold air intake, Hawk Performance Ceramic pads, BAER drilled and slotted rotors, Side louver black faded inserts, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MSD Spark Plug Wires, Texas Speed 1 7/8in Headers and cat back, High Flow Cats, 3 inch X-Pipe, Speed Dawg shift knob, Tuned by Nickey. And oh, its My first car.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_L...5jF6EQEoKDNQ2g
BurnedRubber is offline   Reply With Quote