Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-11-2015, 03:01 PM   #1387
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
i want this, but i want it to work:/ ba system sound issue are what scare me.
Cms3717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 03:10 PM   #1388
Scooter18155

Drives: 2010 ss/rs 6 speed manual
I have this installed in my car. The system looks great. One thing I noticed so far is when I had It together not bolted in it sounded great. I bolted it in and still sounded great but didn't have it aligned very good so took it apart again. Now I have it aligned good but I am getting some fuzz noise. I think this is due to the wires bunched up squeezed into the back. There isn't much room back there. I never did the rca mod and don't think it's necessary at all my system isn't overly loud and I believe my fuzz noise could be fixed if I could clean up the wiring some to get everything to fit better.
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Scooter18155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 03:16 PM   #1389
Scooter18155

The spacers between the dash and the brain is deffinately necessary. Found it hard to get washers in there to stay put while starting the bolts in. So is what I did was took an ordinary washer and stuck some 3m double sided tape to it. Poked a hole in it for the screw and put that between the brain and dash with the 3m tape on dash side. This will do 2 things for me it held the screws so I didn't have to fumble with them and the tape should hold washer in place so next time I take it out and reinstall the washers should hold there
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:27 PM   #1390
Scooter18155

There is deffinately issues with this system as I can't seem to get the center console USB port to work. It seems to work to charge things but useless to stream music. I can plug phone or the hard drive directly to the USB port in back of unit and will work great. But the minute I hook up the Jensen center console USB port adaptor or any type of cord between the unit and phone or hard drive data sharing don't work. I've tried the Jensen USB port that came with it a usb male to usb female cord. And I tried a USB to usb mini cord directly to the original camaro USB port with no luck on any of them. I want the 1tb hard drive for music and such but want to be removable so I can take it out to hook up to computer to install music onto it instead of messing around with sd cards.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:37 PM   #1391
Scooter18155

So my next plan is to find a longer cord for the hard drive and have the hard drive sitting in glove box hopefully that will work. I deffinately wouldn't recomend this system to anyone who is not willing to play around with it or doesn't have any patience. It is plug and play to an extent but the extras like USB center console cable is really making me pull my hair out. I am also getting a check parking assist error message but I think that could be due to not installing the rear camera yet as I only get the message when I go into reverse. I just don't have much time to mess with the system right now so as I get more time I'll mess with other aspects of it.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:46 PM   #1392
Scooter18155

I am the third owner of my particular unit can't seem to get navigation to work. Don't think it has North American maps don't know if it is due to prev owner possably uninstalling them or what's going on there but lim (the guy I talk to from company that makes these) does try to help and thinks if I return system to factory (programming) I'll get the maps back as all units come from factory with them. Lim is very helpful and tries to help out but there seems to be language barrier issues as I get the impression he doesn't understand me completely at times.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:00 PM   #1393
Scooter18155

Without the center console USB port working this system becomes quite limited with options. To have it hooked up to the phone network for 3G/4g service need USB port to plug into. The hard drive needs USB port the web camera that is advertised to use with Skype etc uses USB port and obviously sharing music stuff via phone takes usb cord. There is only 2 on back of unit and 1 would have been taken up by center console and second would have been for 3G/4g. So would have had to swap out hard drive and web cam with center console USB but that's not possable it seems like so I'm not even messing with center console USB port. Doesn't hurt my feelings really as with the hard drive is probably never use it anyways but I am not going to eliminate hard drive ability to have the center console USB port simply for charging reasons. If the 3G/4g will work with the center console hooked up I may do that but if it won't work for music I highly doubt it would work for that.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:42 PM   #1394
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Scoot when I had the system I never hooked up the NAV or the USB. I just had it in like u to get a feel for it and if I was going to stick with it I was gonna mess it with some more.

The previous owner I know had Nav working as he sent me pics. I hope you get it all straightened out.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 06:54 PM   #1395
Scooter18155

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYouOne View Post
Scoot when I had the system I never hooked up the NAV or the USB. I just had it in like u to get a feel for it and if I was going to stick with it I was gonna mess it with some more.

The previous owner I know had Nav working as he sent me pics. I hope you get it all straightened out.
Not a big deal I'm not trying to play blame game just not sure what the deal is with the navigation the gps is working it's just there is no map all I should have to do is get maps from somewhere.

I gotta admit this is a little overwhelming at the moment with the USB center console thing not working at least how I thought it should.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:04 PM   #1396
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Has a lot of potential, but I didnt want to mess with it and didnt fit into my custom interior plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter18155 View Post
Not a big deal I'm not trying to play blame game just not sure what the deal is with the navigation the gps is working it's just there is no map all I should have to do is get maps from somewhere.

I gotta admit this is a little overwhelming at the moment with the USB center console thing not working at least how I thought it should.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:12 PM   #1397
Scooter18155

Yes it has a lot of potential I think they need to make it with 1 more USB port on the back and a USB port on front would be nice too instead of sd card. I don't see the sound issue most are complaining about. The first time I had it bolted in I didn't have any fuzz noise the second time I got fuzz noise leads me to think it is possably the wires crunched up behind it causing issues. There wasn't any fuzz noise when I was using it not bolted in either.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:12 AM   #1398
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

Has anyone thought about a POWERED USB hub? this might help with a couple issues. The extra amperage may assist with communication issues, as well as the problem of the head unit running out of power for external HDD and causing issues.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:23 AM   #1399
Scooter18155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cms3717 View Post
Has anyone thought about a POWERED USB hub? this might help with a couple issues. The extra amperage may assist with communication issues, as well as the problem of the head unit running out of power for external HDD and causing issues.
I havent tried it but thought about it for a few minutes. I know they make them for house use not sure if they do for automotive use. I know they make USB ports plug into cigarette lighter ports. But don't know if they make what your referring to that plugs into another USB port and hooks up to 12v power that will allow for data transfer. To be completely honest I didn't bother looking to see if one is made. The room behind the unit is so tight as it is without adding more stuff to the mix. Would probably have to run that to either glove box (easiest and shortest choice) or center console just because it won't fit behind unit.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:31 PM   #1400
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

I have made usb power for automotive before. Funny thing, most wall warts for USB drives are at 12v to begin with