Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-04-2015, 09:05 PM   #15
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rag Top View Post
I am doing a 2014 L99 to LSA conversion with a kit from Andy at ADM/LSA Conversions. The performance shop that is installing this would like a starting point to begin the dyno tuning. He prefers SCT tuners and would like an MTF file to begin with.He is concerned that the stock L99 tune will not be any good as a starting point. Andy does not use SCT tuners and cannot help. Some guys on this forum may have already gone thru this so I hope to gain from your experiences. Can anyone help me out and provide a starting point tune (stock ZL1 ?)in a MTF file ?
I spoke to Andy ad ADM and my complete conversion kit went on order Tuesday. I am having a local speed shop (registered Magnuson installer) install the LSA kit as well as a CAI intake and Stainless Power long tube headers with high flow cats into the already existing 2.5 inch Solo Performance Mach XL j pipe exhaust.I love the Solo exhaust, NO drone at any speed but hit the gas and she growls nicely. The AFM is a little annoying but that will be tuned out when the LSA goes on.
I recently sold my 2011 Mustang Convertible and got a low mileage 2014 Red Camaro 2SS Convertible L99. The Camaro is much more sophisticated, fun, and better looking car !!! I have been following this forum for the past 2 weeks and been doing my homework for a supercharger conversion. After much looking over the aftermarket options ( Edelbrock, SLP, Magnuson, Whipple), I found the thread on an LSA conversion and I was hooked. My thinking is it is better for resale and reliability to go with an OEM conversion rather than the aftermarket systems.I am not looking to drag race but want more useable low end power and the whine of a supercharger. I know all the aftermarket options will make more power but for me the LSA conversion seems to fit my needs best.I just want to be confident I can show a new mustang 5.0 my Camaro tail lights.
I am having it dynoed before and after.Stock I am thinking 320-330 HP and after probably ~460 per Andy.That is probably the best I can expect keeping the stock pulley, L99 cam with VVT and 2.5” exhaust.
Top down weather is JUST around the corner, I gotta get the LSA conversion DONE !
Roger
It IS awesome! Believe me! You're going to LOVE it --

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:36 AM   #16
racesloth
Dan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
Ready to order the conversion kit from ADM - just need to get through on the phone to go over some details first. A little difficult from the UK...

2010 IOM SS
YSI-B, Pat G Cam, Ported CTS-V Heads, ARH LTs MBRP 3" exhaust
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=ysi
racesloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:27 AM   #17
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Email me your details

We have a dept setup for orders,it is best to email admperformance@gmail.com if you have qustions

Once that is done your order can be put in through the website - lsaconversion.com
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:47 AM   #18
Sack Rat 2SS

Drives: Silver SS/RS, Man 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by racesloth View Post
Ready to order the conversion kit from ADM - just need to get through on the phone to go over some details first. A little difficult from the UK...
Wow, a moded and blown Camaro in the UK. Very cool. Maybe I missed it but are you going to do the install yourself? Either way, good luck.
Sack Rat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:26 AM   #19
racesloth
Dan

Got the ebay supercharger finally...

Looks to be low miles. Very little dirt/grime on the outside and minimum blowby on the inside with very minor rotor wear. There is a 1/8-1/4" pulley play in the snout. I will disassmble for inspection, porting, solid coupler and repacling front rotor bearings at a minimum. I will attempt to document with many pics... Happy to get started. I will be doing most of the work myself...

2010 IOM SS
Old 05-04-2015, 02:08 PM   #20
racesloth
Dan

Pulled the snout off.

It was easy just used a nail pry-bar and the fat end of a 1/2" long extension and wedged the bar/extension end behind the ear that hold the re-circ valve then tapped it gently with a small hammer - just a slow wedge - it came off in 30 sec. No need for large pry bar. The coupler is shot. It has a white plastic shim on the back some initials and the date 10-17-2011. So I assume 2012 ZL-1 since it has the NPP nipple on the snout There is no bearing play on the snout shaft and no damage on the seals it turns smooth and quiet. The rotor pack looks good too. I am still going to pull it to inspect and repack the front rotor bearings with grease. So far a good eBay deal for $550.

2010 IOM SS

Last edited by racesloth; 05-23-2015 at 05:15 AM.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:57 PM   #21
ddaman922

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1SS M6
Can't wait to find a good deal on a blower. I vow that I will not spend more than 550 shipped. Can't wait to see more!

ADM LSA Conversion, ADM FPCM, 2.75 pulley, ZL1 fuel pump, FAST 89lb injectors, NGK TR7IX, Roto-fab intake, Stainless Power 1 7/8" long tubes w/o cats, NPP, Elite catch can, LG G5 Coilovers, Hurst shifter, GM strut tower brace, 1LE steering wheel, MRR 228 wheels, Nitto Invo 275/315.
Tuned by Lashway Motorsports 575rwhp 528rwtq.

ddaman922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:48 AM   #22
Blackkaz04

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Pulled the snout off.

It was easy just used a nail pry-bar and the fat end of a 1/2" long extension and wedged the bar/extention end behind the ear that hold the re-circ valve then tapped it gently with a small hammer - just a slow wedge - it came off in 30 sec. No need for large pry bar. The coupler is shot. It has a white plastic shim on the back some initials and the date 10-17-2011. So I assume CTS-V originally or early ZL-1. T here is no bearing play on the snout shaft and no damage on the seals it turns smooth and quiet. The rotor pack looks good too. I am still going to pull it to inspect and repack the front rotor bearings with grease. So far a good eBay deal for $550.
Subscribed since this used to be my car! Can't wait to see what you come up with Dan.
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 05:26 AM   #23
racesloth
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackkaz04 View Post
Subscribed since this used to be my car! Can't wait to see what you come up with Dan.
Thanks. The car has not had a single issue, it runs great. Got the tune tweaked for the gas over here is all. But I can't help modding whatever I have. The car is a blast over here and loud. I got kicked off of Silverstone after 3 laps because their limit is 103db on the driveby and the Camaro was 114db! Adding the ZL1 supercharger to have a little more to play with the Porches...

When I go to car shows people take more pics of my car than the Supercars. People pull out their cameras and film you when you pass them on the highway. The 5th gens turn heads here in the UK...

2010 IOM SS
Old 05-23-2015, 11:45 AM   #24
ilir14

Drives: Camaro ss 1le
I just did Lsa Conversion couple weeks ago, Andy at ADM did the Conversion and i got to tell you i am thrilled by his build i couldn't ask for more you will be Very happy with the conversion
ilir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:52 PM   #25
racesloth
Dan

ilir14,

Yep I am going to source everything from Andy and use the same set up you are hoping for 620rwhp... I have the stock SS rear gear

2010 IOM SS
Old 07-22-2015, 02:20 PM   #26
Blackkaz04

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Thanks. The car has not had a single issue, it runs great. Got the tune tweaked for the gas over here is all. But I can't help modding whatever I have. The car is a blast over here and loud. I got kicked off of Silverstone after 3 laps because their limit is 103db on the driveby and the Camaro was 114db! Adding the ZL1 supercharger to have a little more to play with the Porches...

When I go to car shows people take more pics of my car than the Supercars. People pull out their cameras and film you when you pass them on the highway. The 5th gens turn heads here in the UK...
Great. I bet the bright orange helps turn heads too. Looking forward to seeing the outcome.
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:46 AM   #27
racesloth
Dan

Project on hold for a bit since I owe Uncle Sam $$$ in taxes this year. Seems I made too much money. Funny though it seems I am always broke....

2010 IOM SS

Last edited by racesloth; 12-10-2015 at 07:57 AM.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:29 AM   #28
racesloth
Dan

Spoke with Andy at ADM yesterday about some of the options he steered me right on some of the options I was thinking about - getting ready to pull the trigger...

Just ordered the BTR Stg 1 PD camshaft ground on a Cammotion 8620 core - looking forward to the boost...

Dan

2010 IOM SS