Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-28-2015, 10:15 PM   #29
j.curt

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Has anyone been able to find a TPS at a local parts store? I have tried a couple and they say its a dealer only part but yet I can get one off of Ebay for less than $10.
j.curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:20 PM   #30
j.curt

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
I am confused, is the TPS connected to the throttle body or is it connected to the top of the gas pedal?

Thanks
j.curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:25 AM   #31
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.curt View Post
I am confused, is the TPS connected to the throttle body or is it connected to the top of the gas pedal?

Thanks
The TPS is attached to the Throttle Body, the APS (accelerator position sensor) is part of the accelerator/gas pedal assembly ...it's what the VTC connects to.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:55 AM   #32
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice992 View Post
Negative.

Replaced the battery, and that helped with my hard start I was having on cold days.

Thought all was good then it came back randomly a few days later. It will come on randomly, then after a cool down cycle it is fine. Then 3-5 key cycles later the CEL goes away. Can't seem to find a rhyme or reason for it without pulling the code history, so I'm going to take it to Parkway Chevy.
Do you have any mods? Is this just out of the blue that your getting your CEL?
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 02:10 PM   #33
Ice992
Semper Fi

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Do you have any mods? Is this just out of the blue that your getting your CEL?

I've had the following mods for 18k miles now:

BMR 1.5" lowering springs, CAI, Apex scoop, Stainless Power headers & high flow cats, solo Mach XL cat back.

Tuned by Matt @ FSP on one of his trips to Houston.

The stabilitrack/reduced power came out of the blue one day... And of course the CEL comes with it. Was just driving down the highway and it stuttered like I took my foot off the gas completely and then the reduced power. Sometimes it happens within 5 min of starting the car and driving, others 2 hrs into a drive. Once it comes on, idle is lower than normal until I go through a cool down cycle, then it fires up and it's gone.

Always during cold weather though.

Ready to live life on your terms?

-H-Town Camaro Club-
Ice992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:46 PM   #34
camguynj

Quote:

BMR 1.5" lowering springs, CAI, Apex scoop, Stainless Power headers & high flow cats, solo Mach XL cat back.

The stabilitrack/reduced power came out of the blue one day... And of course the CEL comes with it. Was just driving down the highway and it stuttered like I took my foot off the gas completely and then the reduced power. Sometimes it happens within 5 min of starting the car and driving, others 2 hrs into a drive. Once it comes on, idle is lower than normal until I go through a cool down cycle, then it fires up and it's gone.

What CEL code are you getting?
Old 03-01-2015, 05:09 PM   #35
Dimitrim
Dimitri

Drives: 68 GTO 455 Ram Air; 2014 Camaro ZL1
My car, 2013 2ss auto 28,000 miles still under factory warranty, no mods, has done this twice. First time coming home from work 2 weeks ago. Pulled to the side of the highway, AAA hooked it to the dealer. They had it for 2 weeks, drove it every day could not replicate the problem. Gave it back to me Wednesday night. Thursday coming home, same thing happened. AAA hooked it back to the dealer, they gave me a loner car, while they try to figure this one out. I will keep everyone updated with what they come up with.

Dimitri
Dimitrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:45 PM   #36
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitrim View Post
My car, 2013 2ss auto 28,000 miles still under factory warranty, no mods, has done this twice. First time coming home from work 2 weeks ago. Pulled to the side of the highway, AAA hooked it to the dealer. They had it for 2 weeks, drove it every day could not replicate the problem. Gave it back to me Wednesday night. Thursday coming home, same thing happened. AAA hooked it back to the dealer, they gave me a loner car, while they try to figure this one out. I will keep everyone updated with what they come up with.

Dimitri
Were you also getting a CEL ?
Old 03-01-2015, 05:53 PM   #37
Dimitrim
Dimitri

Just like the other guys. Service stabilitrack comes on first. Then it goes in reduced power mode with ABS BRAKE light, traction control light and CEL.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:51 PM   #38
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:

Does not sound like a tuning issue, or something related to your mods. Careful when you take it to the dealer. I wouldn't be telling them your tuned.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:05 AM   #39
Ice992
Semper Fi

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS A6
Stabilitrak/Reduced Engine Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Does not sound like a tuning issue, or something related to your mods. Careful when you take it to the dealer. I wouldn't be telling them your tuned.

The second they hook it to the OBD2 reader to pull code history they will know it's tuned. No hiding it when you're asking for code history.

A couple have chimed in privately, and I'm leaning toward agreeing that it's most likely a TSP issue. Code history should confirm though.

Ready to live life on your terms?

-H-Town Camaro Club-
Ice992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:33 PM   #40
Dimitrim
Dimitri

P1516
P2101
C0242
These were the 3 codes that presented themselves. They replaced the throttle body under warranty. Drove it back and forth to work Wed, Thur, Fri no problems at all.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:51 AM   #41
thkfast

Drives: '14 Red 2SS/RS/LS3
Service Stabilitrak / Reduced Engine Power! / Traction Control and ABS lights all came on last night after a full throttle mash and shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. It was as if the jolt shifting into 2nd caused it....

What a scary thing that Reduced Engine Power is. It behaves as if you're slowing running out of gas until the car slows to the point where FULL THROTTLE doesn't even make it go 2 mph. 2-3 cycles of turning the car off and back on allowed me to continue home, but if I did anything to make the ABS or Traction Control kick in, BLAM it would shut down. I took it into the dealership this morning...I have no idea what to expect. This is very disconcerting.

thkfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:52 AM   #42
thkfast

Drives: '14 Red 2SS/RS/LS3
Update: 04/30/2015

The repair was covered under warranty. Defective Accelerator Pedal Assembly. No idea what might have possibly caused the throttle position sensor to malfunction.

thkfast is offline   Reply With Quote